Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2015 Pictures and Rumors

I hope we get new Stormtrooper helmet moulds for The Force Awakens, both the 'standard' troopers which have had a small refresh, and the McQuarrie-esque flamethrower ones. They made new helmets for Rebels, which is not nearly as deserving, after all.

Can't wait for the Chrometrooper as a minifigure too. And, of course, Revan himself...

I hope we get new Stormtrooper helmet moulds for The Force Awakens, both the 'standard' troopers which have had a small refresh, and the McQuarrie-esque flamethrower ones. They made new helmets for Rebels, which is not nearly as deserving, after all.

Can't wait for the Chrometrooper as a minifigure too. And, of course, Revan himself...

They will no doubt make new helmet molds. The Rebels ones used the same mold, just with new print.

Upon first seeing the Sith Infiltrator, I laughed. That thing is a horrible attempt to create good slope. The mismatched grey gust makes me even more angry. Maybe I'll try to design my own Sith Infiltrator one of these days...

The TFA trailer was exciting, and seeing everything in Lego form will be amazing. Now I just need to wait until December to see the movie...

There's a bunch of new posters and images coming out of celebration in CA and I thought you guys might like to see this one. It shows an imperial shuttle "like" craft that may or may not be the lead villain craft lego is producing.

Art.jpg

Edited by joebiwankenobi

Aaah, so the TIE-fighters in TFA have a new design - or atleast a new color-scheme (solar panels are white, hull looks black).

I was hoping for a similar design as the OT TIEs (I collect OT lego only...)

It's going to be a loooong time untill we see another OT TIE i think...

well well...

I spotted a second type of TIE in the hangar scene... It has a horizontal window that actually looks like macaroni bricks.

also:

That Obi-Wan constraction figure? Am I the only person who noticed that he's in his Clone Wars outfit? For that, the body/costume is pretty accurate, and the face actually isn't as bad that way, unless you're thinking he was PT Obi-Wan.

...and lastly, is that an upside-down Executor that the Falcon and TIE fly through? :oh3:

Edited by rollermonkey

Sorry for the double post but here's the official model of the new x-wing. We know we are getting a lego set of it so I don't consider it a spoiler. I love it "a modern iteration of a classic design". They unveiled costumes, weapons, props, and ship designs. More here http://www.starwars7news.com/2015/04/closer-look-at-the-force-awakens-flametrooper-snowtrooper-and-more.html

tumblr_nmx0dxrylA1s1xa0lo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nmx0dxrylA1s1xa0lo4_1280.jpg

I am... intensely interested in the new movie, yet also weirdly ambivalent.

Whatever I wind up thinking of the movie, though, my primary interest with Star Wars will always be the original trilogy (and the EU works produced in the same era), and thus I for one will always have interest in new sets from that timeframe, even if they're remakes of remakes of remakes.

I am... intensely interested in the new movie, yet also weirdly ambivalent.

Whatever I wind up thinking of the movie, though, my primary interest with Star Wars will always be the original trilogy (and the EU works produced in the same era), and thus I for one will always have interest in new sets from that timeframe, even if they're remakes of remakes of remakes.

I feel the exact same way!

Edited by joebiwankenobi

OKAY! I won't discuss the trailer in depth (since this isn't the topic for it) but....

I am super excited to see these ships and characters translated into LEGO. The new Star Destroyer, the new TIEs, the new X-Wing.....EVERYTHING! And the Stormtroopers are absolutely amazing.

Kylo Ren is definitely an interesting character design--I assume they'll give him a minifig head with the helmet printed on, so that he can wear his hood. And I'm still really interested to see how they do BB-8.

And I just want to say that my hope has been solidified--TFA is going to be incredible. I literally cannot wait for December.

I think BB8 has to be a new mold. Star Wars certainly warrants it and I'm sure Lego will get mileage out of it with three movies.

Sorry for the double post but here's the official model of the new x-wing. We know we are getting a lego set of it so I don't consider it a spoiler. I love it "a modern iteration of a classic design". They unveiled costumes, weapons, props, and ship designs. More here http://www.starwars7news.com/2015/04/closer-look-at-the-force-awakens-flametrooper-snowtrooper-and-more.html

The new trooper helmets look very cool. Can't wait to see the flametrooper in action.

Love the infiltrator, they seemed to have merged the two previous ones together, which is exactly what I wanted!

Now all we need are some TFA sets to be revealed, especially after seeing that trailer!

Minus two slopes in the front slope that don't match up with the sides, I rather like the Infiltrator.

To stray away from TFA news for a moment:

For UK members, it looks like the A-Wing Polybag will be free with with copy of the Daily Mail in May. No confirmed dates yet though.

Edited by MrLee

Did anyone think anything about chewies eyes?

Yeah, my daughter and I both noticed they looked different. I do think, though, it is hard to duplicate that same look of Chewy from back in the day. Not sure what is up there, though.

Newish around here and don't post often. When are the EP7 sets supposed to be released?

The tentative date is the beginning of September, the 4th if I remember correctly.

The tentative date is the beginning of September, the 4th if I remember correctly.

Thanks! I appreciate it.

Eh, the Infiltrator is pretty bad. Too many slopes, undersized.....not worth my time. :sceptic:

Working out my budget, I realized that I'll be spending around $1000 (a bit less) for LEGO Star Wars this year: Slave I, Tyderium, Final Duel, and the whole TFA line. Oh, and CCBS Grievous. :classic:

My wallet is....not ready at all. I'd better start saving.....

Newish around here and don't post often. When are the EP7 sets supposed to be released?

According to Amazon: september 26

Considering we've know for a while roughly what The Force Awakens sets we're going to see released in September based on price and piece count (ie Rey's Speeder, MF, new X-Wing, Tie Fighter) it's weird I didn't realise until now we're not going to get any battle packs which is slightly annoying. TLG it seems normally release the BP's in the January/Winter release so it will be a bit of a wait to get a whole bunch of extra/different troopers.

Anyone heard which day the remaining 2 Star Wars Ultra Builds are revealed? Pretty sure its Jango Fett and Commander Cody... but still hoping to see them. Heard they were being revealed during the Star Wars event which runs from the 16th-19th