Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2015 Pictures and Rumors

A new Death Star would be awesome. The last one I didn't have money for when it was first released and now I wouldn't want to get it with as outdated as most of the minifigures are.

Hopefully they finally update Princess Leia's torso print as they still haven't done that.

Guys. I'd wager a real life Death Star that just2good was making an April Fool's day joke. (Huge fan of his channel, by the way)

Anyways!

I'm very pleased with the Tydirium and its figs, especially Leia's multicolored poncho. Boba's multicolored cloth piece in the new UCS Slave I makes my mouth water, but I only need "I" Slave I. I love my Bossk!

The final duel set looks like a nice build but I find most of its figs underwhelming. I'll be hard pressed to open my wallet up for it. I'm neutral on the new Vader helm, but my gosh his face turns me off. I feel like Vader's face in the ISD is much nicer. I gueeeeeess the imperial guards are nice, and of course necessary for this set. But since 2 of them come in a $13 battle pack, I'm not too keen on them in this case. The emperor and Luke look great, though. It's a big maybe. If I can find it for ~$60 on Amazon (like I did with the Mines of Moria, which was the same price as this), maybe I'll purchase it.

I forget where I read it, but I totally agree that the relative sizes of the flash speeder and recently released AAT should be switched. Not that I think the flash speeder is "too" large, but I'd certainly prefer it to be smaller than the AAT. I LOVE the flash speeder's figs, though, and will definitely buy one. Heck, maybe even two.

I actually don't own any Episode I sets at all - so I suppose I ought to pick up the Naboo starfighter as well. The figs are pretty nice, too. And I like the extras little modules etc. that it comes with.

According to thebrickfan.com, the rumored sith infiltrator will include: Darth Maul, Watto, Young Anakin, Astromech, and Qui-Gon Jinn. Why Watto?! Put in a naboo security guard instead, if you ask me. (Still waiting for a Watto's shop set!)

As for the rumored hoth set - I just hope it doesn't include a snowspeeder. I'd love for it to be the OUTSIDE of the base, or maybe a shield generator. Great time to rehash the red and/or white protocol droids!

Just my $.02. Cheers!

Forgetting whether its an April Fools joke or not, for a sec. Could a larger set be built at a lower price? We've had a DS in construction and the current one showing the inside with loads of minifigs, but what about one just showing the completed outside? I'm not much of a build from scratch guy, so I have no idea whether its structurally possible to build one that has a less solid internal frame. Ok it would be display only, but does every set have to have playability? Without all the minifigs or the structure of 10143, surely it could be made for $50-75 less and still be a beautiful rendition of the outside shell. Otherwise, I agree with the others, in it not being viable. Tbh a set that just has updated minifigs and some slight tweaking would be a slap in the face.

Edited by Pup3741

Hi Pup3741, and welcome to Eurobricks! :classic:

I can't see that TLG would ever make a copy of the original Death Star (e.g. just a solid outer shell) as it would just look like a slightly odd ball of LBG! However, I'd like to see an updated version of 10143 (with improved stability) but it's bound to be at a higher price-point than 10188 just taking inflation into account. Anything new with a 3,000+ part count is bound to be a minimum of £350. I can imagine a 'hybrid' of 10143 and 10188 though, basically an upgraded 10143, plus a nice selection of exclusive minifigures.

Hi Pup3741, and welcome to Eurobricks! :classic:

I can't see that TLG would ever make a copy of the original Death Star (e.g. just a solid outer shell) as it would just look like a slightly odd ball of LBG! However, I'd like to see an updated version of 10143 (with improved stability) but it's bound to be at a higher price-point than 10188 just taking inflation into account. Anything new with a 3,000+ part count is bound to be a minimum of £350. I can imagine a 'hybrid' of 10143 and 10188 though, basically an upgraded 10143, plus a nice selection of exclusive minifigures.

Ty Sully. Yeah ur right. Would still love a completed DS, though. April fools joke or not, I'm sure they'll do another edition at some point.

They may just update the minifigs on the new Death Star. It's the reason I haven't bought it. I helped my friend build his, but I wouldn't want to spend all that money now to get some old minifigs, when there is so much detail going into new ones.

Looking forward to getting the shuttle this year, but it feels like a long time to wait.

I don't believe they will release a new DS in the next years. The updated minifigures are the only reason why we would need a new version and some of the most important characters will be included in the new Final Duel. Why would they make this set if a new DS is comming?

Or..... maybe!

This new Death Star set is actually multiple sets combined!

Like, how in the DS set we have the final duel room.

What are we getting now?

A larger final duel room!

What will we get next?

Perhaps a larger more detailed hangar bay, or a trash compacter room! And all these can be spliced together to create one massive Death Star playset!!

:grin: Jokes :P

I don't believe they will release a new DS in the next years. The updated minifigures are the only reason why we would need a new version and some of the most important characters will be included in the new Final Duel. Why would they make this set if a new DS is comming?

It could be focussed on ANH. By not having to put in the RotJ Final Duel, they can devote more space to the ANH scenes and make them more detailed. Imo, the Death Star is not just outdated when it comes to minifigs, some of the builds to recreate scenes seems outdated compared to modern builds.

Also, Yularen is in ANH Death Star attire... perhaps he can soon join the rest of the DS I command.

Edited by Flieger

After eight years, updating the star wars flag ship would make a great deal of sense. Especially if TLG looks to keep it around for a long while. It is starting to look dated both in terms of build and Minifigs.

I don't believe they will release a new DS in the next years. The updated minifigures are the only reason why we would need a new version and some of the most important characters will be included in the new Final Duel. Why would they make this set if a new DS is comming?

One set doesn't replace the other. A new DS set could easily be around for another eight years while the final duel will be gone after a year or so. The DS set is unique and cannot really be compared to other sets in terms of why people may purchase it.

My biggest problem with the current Death Star set is the fact that they tried to add so many individual scenes, and the entire playset just became a cluttered mess of undersized rooms. I would much rather if they did something like this:

1) Dedicate each level to one or two scenes. It would allow for bigger, more detailed builds.

2) Include an outside shell, but have it on hinges. This way, you can easily "fold out" the shell, and see the interior, or you could close the shell, and have it look like the outside of the DS.

3) Minifigs need to be updated (obviously).

WOW... STILL no pictures of the upcoming Sith Infiltator???

Not too surprising. Back in 2012 we didn't even hear of the Palpatine's Arrest until it hit shelves somewhere in Germany.

Edited by eric729

We didn't learn about last years MTT until we saw it in shelves. I wouldn't be too surprised. Some people have pictures, but I don't think they are allowed to share them.

My only hope is that there is something moee to it than the ship... a wall scene from watto's and as people here have said a tatooine qui gon.

Yeah, I've got them, but I've said I wasn't allowed to share. Maybe soon.

EDIT: This site I'm on right now has the blanked out boxes for the EP 7 sets. Are they worth posting? Nothing new other than the sizes of the boxes I guess.

Edited by CM4Sci

Yeah, I've got them, but I've said I wasn't allowed to share. Maybe soon.

EDIT: This site I'm on right now has the blanked out boxes for the EP 7 sets. Are they worth posting? Nothing new other than the sizes of the boxes I guess.

yeah why not we haven't had news in a while speculation will be rife.

I guess they named the exclusive figure "Admiral" Yularen because of TCW.....since in ANH, and that's what this version is based on, he was a Colonel.

And not with the Imperial Navy, but with the ISB.

Do we know when the Winter 2014 sets will retire? I want to get one of those for the May 4th promo.

I guess they named the exclusive figure "Admiral" Yularen because of TCW.....since in ANH, and that's what this version is based on, he was a Colonel.

And not with the Imperial Navy, but with the ISB.

Do we know when the Winter 2014 sets will retire? I want to get one of those for the May 4th promo.

He was deputy director of naval intelligence while on the DS. Referring to him as admiral would seem to make sense , especially since he would still hold the title as admiral in the naval fleet.

He was deputy director of naval intelligence while on the DS. Referring to him as admiral would seem to make sense , especially since he would still hold the title as admiral in the naval fleet.

I didn't know they changed even that tiny detail.....I followed the "Legends" timeline for so long and I don't think I'll ever see the new canon as anything but Infinities.

but back to Lego: does anyone know if the part used for the windows of the DS2 Throne room will be a new mold?

First of all, as this is my first post on forum, hello for all the LEGO fans around the world. Sorry for my English which might be not accurate but it's not my native language (I'm from Poland).

As for the new wave of SW sets I'm pretty amazed. Good work in overall I should say.

Will buy:

1) Never bought SW Advent Calendar before but this one is surely must have. If I get some occasion after Christmas I will buy more of them because of excellent mix of minifigures. Don't suppose you will complete Jawa, Ewok, new Hoth rebel and stormtrooper much cheaper bricklinking them.

Microbuilds are always a lot of fun especially for the kids and those in new calendar look pretty cool.

10/10

2) Tydirium has a nice design. I consider this the best try from LEGO (as I'm not a big fan of UCS version). Minifigs are great in 80% as I don't like new Chewie design. The minus is they are all refreshed ones. There should be one completely new Ewok minifigure. In other case that cookie Leia holds doesn't make any sense, am I right? ;)

9,5/10

3) Final Duel. The set looks good though the build is going to be boring and repetitive one. It will be a ''hot'' Christmas set as many kids get the chance to have Vader and Palpatine in single one and the scene has a cult status. For someone who owns other versions of those minifigs it's nothing special. You can easily build much better MOC scene though the LEGO design is cool enough.

I will buy it for my young collector only and for the new helmet. ;)

8,5/10

4) Naboo sets. As I'm more into OT and also Trains/Modulars/Town/City addict I still don't own earlier versions of those two. So for me they are fine sets with good minifigs to add to our collection.

8/10

Won't buy:

5) TIE Fighter. The case in my opinion is: this time the UCS huge set idea doesn't work. TIE Fighters in medium scale just look much better. The price is extremely high and the building process gonna be extremely boring one. ;) Sorry, but spending money on LEGO must bring some fun not a horror of building something that looks rather crappy. Definitly the worst UCS set.

5/10 (in comparition to other UCS sets)

6) Rebels set. Ugly but could be a quite good ''kids set'' if they would put some details. Interior is awful.

3/10

5 sets from 7 to buy means for me it's a great wave anyway.

As for the new Death Star, well...;) I'm sure there won't be one for years. Why?:

1) This set was for so long on production line.

2) New one is going to make significant changes on the whole collectors market.

3) TFA is coming and if there's gonna be huge LEGO base in upcoming years it will be rather the one from new film.

As for the new Death Star, well...;) I'm sure there won't be one for years. Why?:

1) This set was for so long on production line.

2) New one is going to make significant changes on the whole collectors market.

3) TFA is coming and if there's gonna be huge LEGO base in upcoming years it will be rather the one from new film.