Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2015 Pictures and Rumors

That was for Yoda, not Luke. At least according to the Star Wars set Encyclopedia from 2010.

No I'm aware of Yoda's lightsaber, the set came with two green sabers, one for each of them.

I like the collapsing platform on the left but I can't see any other play features clearly other than the opening doors and the tunnel to throw the emperor down. Maybe theres a hiding place for the lightning like in the Dooku set last year?

I agree with the comments about including the pair of guards when they could have really stepped things up and included Sate Pestage, and an area with some view screens and galactic maps etc. Another Death Star trooper with that massive helmet would have been neato too. As it is, I'll buy it, like I buy everything.

No I'm aware of Yoda's lightsaber, the set came with two green sabers, one for each of them.

I like the collapsing platform on the left but I can't see any other play features clearly other than the opening doors and the tunnel to throw the emperor down. Maybe theres a hiding place for the lightning like in the Dooku set last year?

My mistake then. It's just been such a long time since that set was on store shelf's.

It also appears that you can break the stairs as indicated by a small gray ball joint piece right of the second step.

I agree with the comments about including the pair of guards when they could have really stepped things up and included Sate Pestage, and an area with some view screens and galactic maps etc. Another Death Star trooper with that massive helmet would have been neato too. As it is, I'll buy it, like I buy everything.

I myself love the Death Star/Imperial Navy Troopers. I'd love to see them in another set, and I do agree there should be a better variety of Imperials out there, but perhaps they wouldn't match this exact set. I do agree, as I have before about the Royal Guards, they could of updated them, I mean they're NO different from the 2014 Battle Pack one, and very little different from all the previous variants.

Eh, why? Constant updating just for the sake of updating, meh. There's only so much you can do to improve a minifig. Once you reach a certain point, which is what has already happened with some figures, you're going to start going backwards.

If they're going to include any Imperials then it actually makes sense for them to be the Emperor's Royal Guards... the fact that they were in a BP last year makes the BP look an odd decision rather than their inclusion in this... The Death Star Gunner could have had any number of imperials with them to make more sense.

I'd have to see if set out with better definition shots or even in person to make a proper evaluation. I really want to like this set and this (and the Tydirium) but for something that is only offering an updated Vader from things I already have then I'm not sure.

The Tydirium set has always been the one that has stood out for me from the descriptions and the updated minifigs in that set are welcome. I think we'll have all incarnations of Han updated now (except maybe a Stormtrooper variant but that's not hard to make), nice to get the new updated Chewie in an OT set and I'll be interested in the camo work on the other figures.

Eh, why? Constant updating just for the sake of updating, meh.

I agree with this. If I'm collecting these minifigs, I'd prefer they were identical to the most recent version, unless there is some crucial improvement that is needed, which is not the case with the current Royal Guards.

I agree with this. If I'm collecting these minifigs, I'd prefer they were identical to the most recent version, unless there is some crucial improvement that is needed, which is not the case with the current Royal Guards.

I find the capes too 'floaty' for Imperial guards. To me they are elegant, serene looking chaps, and perhaps something like Nute Gunrays leg piece would be better than the flappy cape.

^^

Same thoughts as well, I find some minifigure capes too "static" if you see what I mean.

Edited by Tariq j

I think if/when we get a new UCS Falcon, it will be wildly amusing to hear the AFOL howls of outrage when they finally figure out that a new Ep VII based UCS MF will not have in fact have that Holy Grail of pieces the obscenely expensive printed radar dish. Remember it got knocked off in RotJ? Well it's been replaced with a big spare radar by ep VII. Upgrades! Or rather to quote Yogurt...

For something that size/price, they would do well to include both.

Kinda like the DeLorean had all the parts to make any of the 3 variants from the 3 BTTF films.

I've long thought that they could give us a truly "ultimate" Millennium Falcon by doing a set that not only was large and had a highly detailed exterior a la 10179, but also had a detailed interior, lots of functionality, and "extra" parts for building it in different configurations (three landing gear vs. five, or now dish antenna vs. rectangular), and a full complement of minifigures, including all characters seen aboard the ship in all their outfits and looks they had while aboard - multiple Hans, Chewie, multiple Landos, multiple Leias, Luke, Artoo, Threepio, Ben, Nien Nunb, rebel gunners, stormtroopers, scanning crew, etc.

ABOUT THE FINAL DUEL: From the recent picture it seems the sets sides are hinged, i reckon the side bits turn inwards putting the windows on either side, now looking at the layout of the room in the movie this makes logical sense, it also puts luke's catwalk in the right place after all, in front of the window at the left. http://www.propstore.../586/176588.jpg This means the only real innaccuracy is the size of the windows and the location of the reactor shaft (which can be explained for obvious reasons).

Edited by legofreak86

I've long thought that they could give us a truly "ultimate" Millennium Falcon by doing a set that not only was large and had a highly detailed exterior a la 10179, but also had a detailed interior, lots of functionality, and "extra" parts for building it in different configurations (three landing gear vs. five, or now dish antenna vs. rectangular), and a full complement of minifigures, including all characters seen aboard the ship in all their outfits and looks they had while aboard - multiple Hans, Chewie, multiple Landos, multiple Leias, Luke, Artoo, Threepio, Ben, Nien Nunb, rebel gunners, stormtroopers, scanning crew, etc.

That would not be the Ultimate Millennium Falcon. That would be the ULTIMATE Star Wars Set.

Edited by hachiroku

I find the capes too 'floaty' for Imperial guards. To me they are elegant, serene looking chaps, and perhaps something like Nute Gunrays leg piece would be better than the flappy cape.

I agree re the capes, and I wouldn't mind a better version, but it's something they should've thought about that before releasing the battlepack.

I agree re the capes, and I wouldn't mind a better version, but it's something they should've thought about that before releasing the battlepack.

Or perhaps right after. I mean, maybe those versions are perfect for a Battlepack, but we do need new Royal Guards now. I mean, not many opportunities come to get these guys (one set right now, another coming out shortly, and hardly any in the past), so we may not get to see the updated version of these guys until 2016-17 IF they even update them. I really hope like some people have said that this is just a almost-complete rough copy, and perhaps the Royal Guards will be changed, but sadly, I don't think that's what's happening. But it could be possible.

Edited by James Wellington

I'd really like to see capes replaced on characters that didn't have capes. The Jedi and Sith had robes. Vader, Lando, and Dooku were among the few characters actually wearing capes. I know the practicality of attaching robes to figs is a bit more of a headache, but for sake of accuracy I'd pop my figs' arms out if they actually made robe pieces. As it is, I used the over-the-neck robes from the graduate and the judge for as many JEdi and Sith characters as possible, and the judge robes on an Imperial Guard look great.

The custom style Batman capes that have three neck holes that act to wrap around the figure a little more might work better also. That just needs a new cutting form.

I asked a custom cape seller if they'd cut some of the judges robes in other colours and they said they'd be happy to oblige. Might give them a go in brown etc and see how they look.

I'm quite happy with the idea of printed robes a la the new Obi Wan, to be honest. The colour discrepancy between the torso and leg printing bothers me (here and elsewhere ... i'm talking to you, scout trooper), but at the end of the day it is a good compromise.

If they're going to include any Imperials then it actually makes sense for them to be the Emperor's Royal Guards... the fact that they were in a BP last year makes the BP look an odd decision rather than their inclusion in this... The Death Star Gunner could have had any number of imperials with them to make more sense.

Indeed... the set's called "Death Star Troopers", so it really should've had a pair of the big-helmet guys (in tunicked DST or jump-suited "ROTJ console jockey" variety, or both!). Instead, those guys are exclusive to the last TIE fighter and the current Star Destroyer...hardly ideal. But many of us already complained for days about the Royal Guards being part of that pack last year...

^^ totally agree. The death star (navy) troopers and other chaps like the light grey suited guy with the Star Destroyer are too hard to come by. Death star trooper set should definitely have included one or two of those kind of guys. Nobody wants more than a couple of guards, and it would have made them a nice exclusive with Final Duel rather than a total 'meh'.

Regarding capes & robe equivalents, I always think this ebay custom looks good when it pops up on my feed (also slightly reminiscent of the robes the first Palitoy toys had!)

$_35.JPG

three-originals.jpg

Edited by markw

I understand your complaints but I actually loved that the royal guards appeared in a battle pack, especially because I always wanted one and I dont like playsets (I prefer ships), regarding to all this minifig issue, it's pointless asking for obscure characters, if it doesn't contain what you are looking for just dont buy it, lego latest decisions have saved me a lot of money, for example: I think this year the only set I am buying is shadow troopers battle pack.

I like that design, although i didn't hate the Kenobi or Lars one as much as I thought I would.

yeah , i prefer the latest Ben kenobi to the older ones with capes.

yeah , i prefer the latest Ben kenobi to the older ones with capes.

Kenobi looked good with the capes, yet I still feel this "newness" of the new Ben Kenobi with robes. He's very well printed, and I like the new face. However, I grew up with most of the Jedi with capes. Maybe it's loosing it's "jedi-ness" for "newness" I'm sort of tied with both.

Edited by James Wellington

Not a big fan of printed robes, the printing usually sucks, especially if it was a light color on dark plastic; newest Old Ben or MTT Qui-gon are screaming examples, also they look stupid with no side printing of the cape. I would’ve preferred an extra effort by LEGO to use better cloth for capes, you know, one that flows more naturally and be closer and more surrounding to the body, it’s not that hard.

I really don’t understand how a quality oriented company like LEGO cannot make proper prints on their minifigs, while other amateur e-bay customizers are doing it the right way. It’s just an extra layer of color so it won’t look transparent and cheap, how hard can it be?