Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2015 Pictures and Rumors

After seeing the Final Duel set, I can't help but feel a bit let down. Sure, there are elements that are great but the design is SO way off.

Honestly, I was expecting something very similar to the TMNT Shredder's Lair mixed with elements from this set. I mean, seriously... For the price point they could have/should have given us something WAY more screen accurate. It's not that hard to have modified the Shredder set with the Star Wars elements and knock it out of the park to give us something REALLY special.

I feel like the final duel set has all the element present in the scene, but somehow it feels they didn't capture it in the right way. There are some great new elements, but will this be enough to sell the set... ? :sceptic:

When are we going to get some "legal" pics of the Tydirium? I am getting really anxious about it, I check this tread twice a day just looking for news.

After seeing the Final Duel set, I can't help but feel a bit let down. Sure, there are elements that are great but the design is SO way off.

Honestly, I was expecting something very similar to the TMNT Shredder's Lair mixed with elements from this set. I mean, seriously... For the price point they could have/should have given us something WAY more screen accurate. It's not that hard to have modified the Shredder set with the Star Wars elements and knock it out of the park to give us something REALLY special.

In all fairness to them, you are asking too much. To be more screen accurate, they'd have to have not only the steps leading up to his chair, but at the *bottom* of the steps they would then have to have the hole which would create yet *another* level. So making a playset 2 levels high, just so it can have a hole to throw Palp down. That means a fair bit of extra structural pieces to create the height of which pretty much the entire lower level will be wasted as there was nothing else there-just the massive hole. The doorway and 'walkway' they have done would also have to be suspended, unless they got rid of the doorway, which would then make sense to get rid of the 2 guards as we can already get them in a Battlepack, of which the inclusion in this scene I don't find necessary as all the key characters are there already.

But still, they'd need 3 levels just to have 2 playable ones with a screen accurate hole on the correct level. While their attempt still seems slightly too 'open' for me, perhaps more floor area could be better... I think they have done a fine enough job of it.

Personally, I'd rather they had not bothered with the walkway/door way/2 guards (available with much ease in a BP) and had focused more effort into adding more to the build of the immediate area... but then... it is a playset after all :tongue:

I see a lot of complaints about the 'Final Duel' set, but to be fair Lego has always struggled when it comes to playsets. It's pretty much as I expected. Don't forget it's Lego - just change it, add to it, make it better!

Oh, don't get me wrong Renegade, I actually really like the set. To me the entire thing seems just right in what it is trying to achieve.

I just think the inclusion of the guards which were so infrequently seen, and in low numbers at that are being made too available. When they released them in the BP, they were exceptionally easily and readily available. Now we are having them thrown in a semi expensive (or simply expensive) set when the value they add is low compared to what they could have done with not including them (and thus the door they are guarding) and using the value in more play features in the build, when people can get the guards so readily available.

There hasn't really been any heavy call for them in many sets like the Stormtroopers. They aren't a big/average part at all in the film, which is fine... but to include them in a set like this where .... I'm just repeating myself now :blush:

I hope you understand where I am coming from though?

I think that the final duel set looks okay, but it's not even close to being worth 90 euro with no real new minifigs (Sheev only has a new face and I don't like them replacing the iconic Darth Vader mold)

I'll have to see the Vader better, but right now it's a solid maybe for me. The price will be a factor as well as how much I need those revised figures.

I agree Fuppylodders. It is disappointing to get more Royal Guards when they are so easy to get already. I would have preferred a few more generic Imperials.

If it wasn't for the new Vader and the fact that I somehow haven't gotten an Emperor minifig for more than a decade, the Final Duel would be an easy pass. As it is, I suppose I'll get it and maybe scrap it or change it, since I suspect the Vader is going to be really expensive on the secondary market.

I agree with Fuppylodders and Raskolnikov. The set is a bit disappointing, but If I get it, I may keep it in tact, or I may dismantle it and use the parts to add to/create an Imperial Base. I mean I don't think it'll be the worst set. It's probably number 3 or 4 on my list right now. But then again, only 1 Rebels set has been released so far, so we'll see if anymore of those come out, and then we'll see how they are.

Have we heard anything from the Nuremburg toy fair apart from the duel set?

I don't think so.

When's the next opportunity to get pictures of the summer sets?

Whenever a picture is either released or leaked. Don't worry, I don't think it'll be long until another appears. And you'll defiantly know about it if you keep checking this topic.

So, Lando was in the last episode of Star Wars: Rebels, and Tarkin's in the next one. Hopefully, both will show up in sets sometime soon.

Edited by Sir Gareth

Correction this is a fake. Sorry, I was fooled.

I just found this image over at a russian? site called brickberries.ru however, I cannot access this site unless I am on my phone. Can any of you get to this site?

I made a copy of the image here. It looks to be the first leaked image from Lego 75096 Echo base Exclusive set.

Edited by Shawn

That is just a picture of the Promotional Han Solo figure from 2013 and from this year.

If the UCS Hoth Echo Base rumor is true, we can only hope that the first SW UCS set of 2016 will be an AT-AT! (and don't give me that crap about the 10178 being UCS. It's not).

Edited by bjorn77

Can someone tell me if the R2D2 antlers are a new mold? I think I have seen them before but can't remember...