Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2015 Pictures and Rumors

I'm very happy with al of these sets. I really didn't think the Naboo Starfigter would appeal to me but looking at the minifigures I think I might just have to pick this up.

I agree, a bit lackluster in the minifigs, but at least we get new costumes for Endor Han & Final Duel Luke (previous ROTJ Lukes have all been in the vest he wore until leaving the Ewok village, or in the Endor poncho; the Ewok Village set is the first ROTJ Luke in his vest-less attire, but with the post-lightning flap down).

The Royal Guards seem wildly redundant when you can grab 'em and some gunners for $13 right now; a couple Dignitaries would've been preferable, or even a Moff Jerjerrod or other Imperial officer. The Endor Rebels seem drab, but maybe this time around we'll get Nik Sant and one of the guys with mustaches; Orrimaarko would've been so much nicer in there.

The N-1 fighter set seems an easy pass since I have the last one, but I guess I understand why it keeps turning up; it's the only non-clone, non-droid, non-Jedi fighter in the PT.

The Flash Speeder looks good, but is another of those "feels overpriced" sets. I have little doubt the part-count will seem to support the price, but...still.

Nik Sant I'm presuming is the old guy with the beard who ends up in Scout trooper uniform. If so his name is hilarious, a play on Saint Nick (or Father Christmas)! Sorry if this is old news. I'm excited to add to my Rebel Endor army too (2 more unique figs to add to the 4 in there already)

It looks like the royal guards don't have legs, but the piece used on nute gunray

I thought that too, would look better than the flappy Cape in the battle pack. Never thought that looked right for them, not elegant enough. Maybe they are going that way more, the latest Ben Kenobi looked better without his flying Cape.

Ok, so I'll definitely get the Tydirium and Final Duel sets...and that's pretty much it for me, not interested in Rebels or E7:TFA, maybe i'll grab some parts from bricklink.

At least this year won't be as expensive as 2014...

People keep bringing up no new molds other than Vader. Remember there will probably be many new moulds in the episode IIV sets and I'm sure a lot of the budget or quota allowed on new pieces are being taken up by those sets and all the new pieces for Rebels (Hell the Inquisitor alone required 3)

The other thing to consider (and I don't meen this to be snarky) - very few lego sets are made with avid adult collectors in mind. These adult collectors may have bought most sets for a long time (or since the beginning), and therefore this doesn't look as alluring to them....but they aren't the target audience. People who enjoyed the OT when they were young now have their own kids, and are sharing it with them. My Nephew loves the OT, and he's 8 years old. Star Wars basically transcends generations gaps...so the OT sets aren't any more for a 40 year old than they are an 8 year old. My nephew doesn't get all the sets as they come out...he basically gets some for his birthday and Christmas, and maybe sprinkled inbetween.

I'm 33 years old, and until about 6 months ago, the last time I bought a Lego set for myself was the Endor Luke speeder bike set from 1999 (7128). There is a ton of stuff I missed out on... I'm very intrigued by the Final Duel set. That was my favorite part of the entire Star Wars franchise...the culmination of everything in that scene, and I'd love to have a Lego version of that. Sure, the molds may not be new, or the scene has already been depicted in the past...but lets consider that a little bit. There were 2 Final Duel sets from years ago, and neither one of them was even close to this new one in scope. The scene is available in the Death Star...but lets be realistic...the Death Star is only meant for the most rapid Lego SW fans who can also stomach a $400 purchase in one shot. I don't care how much "value" is there, $400 is still just too rich for my blood. You can get the Final Duel Luke in the Ewok Village, but you run into the same problems as the Death Star set....an iconic figure only available in a very pricey set. Having a new Final Duel set like what is shown seems to be just the ticket for an adult like me, and will surely be a big hit for tons of kids too.

The Shuttle looks great too. Since I don't already have a Shuttle and this one will be under $100, it is definitely on my radar.

PT stuff rarely makes me excited, so I'm not to worried about them. I'll be interested to see what the Episode 7 stuff brings. I'll probably hold off on purchases until after seeing the movie, just to judge whether I like it enough to get invested in it.

Does anyone know if these are the only Summer 2015 sets being released? Final Duel, Flash Speeder, Naboo Starfighter, Imperial Assault Carrier, and Shuttle Tydirium?

Does anyone know if these are the only Summer 2015 sets being released? Final Duel, Flash Speeder, Naboo Starfighter, Imperial Assault Carrier, and Shuttle Tydirium?

In the leaked list, there were also Rebels sets listed under "Wolf", so there's probably more.

Those are the only summer wave sets that we know of which will be released in August. Thirteen sets will be released the beginning of September of which seven are from TFA. The other six are most likely rebels sets.

Oh, I'll most likely get the Imperial Assault Carrier, but I didn't see a picture of it after the jump, so I didn't bother mentioning it.

Speaking of which... If there's 4 TIE Fighters dangling off the bottom of it, Do you think they'll give us a stand, or somehow make the fighters able to BE the stand?

Wow, I am very excited for the Final Duel and Imperial Shuttle sets. Looks like a great year to build up my imperials!

The other thing to consider (and I don't meen this to be snarky) - very few lego sets are made with avid adult collectors in mind.

I think they have adults in mind more than you might think. Recent example Sabine with hair in one set, Sabine with helmet in a second (very expensive) set. What kid would even be bothered about her helmet? They know what they're doing hiding the sought after figures in the dearer sets. Why is it so hard to get hold of OT stormies?

The microfighters are totally aimed at kids, yet they still pull Theron Nett and R2-X2 out of the hat. Totally aimed at the collector or they could have just lazily thrown another Luke or a generic pilot in.

It looks like the royal guards don't have legs, but the piece used on nute gunray

Look on the minifig box to the right, they have legs.

Thank goodness. :classic:

Edited by Cyberfounder

In the leaked list, there were also Rebels sets listed under "Wolf", so there's probably more.

Those are the only summer wave sets that we know of which will be released in August. Thirteen sets will be released the beginning of September of which seven are from TFA. The other six are most likely rebels sets.

Ah, I understand now. Can't wait until the new sets! :classic: I don't know about all of you, but summer's usually been the main time were I actually got excited for the new sets, Winter is good, too, but I think it's not as good as the Summer Sets. Although I could be wrong for Summer 2015, we'll just have to see.

Shuttle Tyderium is a must have, If I didn't had the UCS one. Final Duel, I have to see the 'final' version to have an opinion about It. :wink:

I know the figures on these prelims are usually wide of the mark, but does r2 look to have a more accurate shiny/satin dome in this? Would be a good improvement upon the latest version.

Edited by markw

I have to admit that Imperial Shuttle is an excellent looking set, definitely one of the most improved remakes I've seen. Honestly though I'm really disappointed when it comes to the minifigure selection of these sets, they just seem so Army Builder orientated rather then scene based. In exclusion to Darth Vader's helmet, there are no minifigure molds, and above all, we've gotten all these minifigures before in some form, no new characters. In the Naboo sets, it would have been great to get Boss Nass, a Theed Battle Padme or Nute Gunray instead of the same old Gungan Warrior and Obi-Wan. Same goes for the Episode 6 sets, certainly would've been cool to see Prune Face or the Emperor's Entourage, I mean why include two Royal Guards in the Duel set when one can get them in a battle pack? Personally, I think the only set i'm going to buy is Imperial Shuttle simply be cause of ship itself, but the other sets of the wave seem pretty disappointing in both designand minifigure line up.

I'm with you. It is a little disappointing that Lego doesn't seem to be able to make new mini figs. We have to have the same ones over and over again. Probably only getting flash speeder and imperial shuttle because of ships. Mini figs used to be half the reason I bought sets, not really a factor anymore though when you have them all. I was really hoping for Boss Nass in the flash speeder.

no offense to anyone, but can people please stop complaining about not getting a boss nass. it wouldve made no sense for him to be in the set in the first place. and hes a stupid character.

Speaking of which... If there's 4 TIE Fighters dangling off the bottom of it, Do you think they'll give us a stand, or somehow make the fighters able to BE the stand?

That is an interesting question. I can't imagine the TIE's being a solid stand while also having them detach and stuff. Maybe it has hidden landing gear and the TIE's are just high enough off of the ground that it works.

no offense to anyone, but can people please stop complaining about not getting a boss nass. it wouldve made no sense for him to be in the set in the first place. and hes a stupid character.

It wouldn't be any more unusual than Queen Amidala being included with the Gungan Sub, Jango Fett with the Corporate Alliance tank droid....or any of dozens of other examples. Minifig selection doesn't always correlate perfectly, but they're a major selling point (which TLG realizes).

Final Duel looks pretty good, even though it's very similar to Palpatine's Arrest. Hopefully the new figures will look good. The Imperial Shuttle is a must have for me, though. :thumbup: From the prelim alone, the size and overall design of it is just awesome. :wub:

I think the Imperial Assult Carrier will have Landing gear, the description from the toy fair says its a one seater and has a very small interior, so I wouldn't be surprised if the rest of the Carrier was storage for it.

Some people are completionists and would like an accurate set of characters. I'm not angling for a Boss Nass, but I won't hold it against someone who does.