Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2015 Pictures and Rumors

They all look great. I wasn't expecting much from the Duel, but it's probably second best, just behind the shuttle. The Flash Speeder looks much better than the previous incarnation, and the Naboo Starfighter is meh (though I'm still picking it up). The Shuttle looks like a small UCS, which is great.

That Final Duel set is so awesome, I gotta pick that up. :grin: How much is it?

Edited by CM4Sci

Thank you very much for the links, The_Chosen _1 and Wonkeye1 and for the further set information, The Kid! :classic:

Stormie Polybag:

It's a pity, that this one is a Rebel stormie and not a regular one!

Final Duel:

In principle a great set. And I really like it when TLG releases decent locations. But I have two complainments: Firstly there is a lack of things to fall down (normally I really do not need these, but in this scene it should be part of the set, too). Thirdly I'm disappointed that we don't get any realy new minifigures - TLG could easily have thrown in the two friends of Palpatine seen in the movie instead of giving us two Royal Guards which you can easily and cheap get in the last year's BP. But which is much more disturbing is that the hall, where Vader falls down, is directly next to the emperor's chair and directly in front of the right window.

Imperial Shutle Tyderium:

The picture is indeed to blurry to judge. But to say so far, the ship does look amazing. In contrast the minifigure collection is really disappointing - no really new character. I do hope that at least this time TLG managed to give us a gangway.

Klaus-Dieter

That shuttle looks pretty good I think, and the Final Duel looks ok. Will probably end up with these at some point, even though it's only a few of the minifigs I'm really after (new Vader, new Han and possibly new Leia).

If only they could do something like the Final Duel set with a scene from Cloud City to give us some new figs (Lando, Luke & Leia)...

I was not expecting prelims! Such a treat! Here are my thoughts:

Naboo Starfighter: Overall, it is a pretty decent set. While the build of the ship looks pretty similar to the past two iterations, I have a feeling this one will tighten up any flaws the last one had in terms of sturdiness and structure. The set also has a surprisingly good selection of figures. However, it just doesn't appeal to me.

Flash Speeder: Again, like the Naboo Straighter, I have no intention of buying this set, at least for now. Nonetheless, its so nice to see the Naboo having more of a representation. Of all the factions in Star Wars, the Naboo Royal Guard is the one that has had the least representation over the years. Its a bit of a breath of fresh air to see this as a set once again, and the minifig selection is pretty great as well.

Imperial Shuttle Tydirium: Wow. This set looks incredible! I never got the UCS version of this ship, so its really nice to see a System scale one again. Its considerably bigger than I was expecting, which is nice. And the minifig selection is perfect, although it would've been cool to get Pruneface.

Death Star Final Duel: I couldn't be happier with how this looks. Its EXACTLY what I was expecting in terms of design. It makes so much sense that the designers would use the basic structure of Palpatine's Arrest and just apply it to the Throne Room. While the three windows kinda look a bit bulky and strange, I feel like once we get a better look at them from the NY Toy Fair coverage, it'll look much better. Shame there isn't a finished version of the new Vader on the box, but I expected that with the prelims.

The shuttle is sensational - it looks like a UCS set!

Naboo star fighter is laughably bad, but wasn't getting another of those anyway.

Duel looks great - I'd just love to see some redesigned royal guards as the last lot had some fairly bland printing

I really think that the Imperial Shuttle is just the UCS one from 2010. (At least on the preliminary box Art)

Nope. Similar in look but different. Side wings are narrower and straighter for one.

Nope. Similar in look but different. Side wings are narrower and straighter for one.

The amount of those large 1x5x5 triangle slope thingamajigs are also different. 5 on the UCS, 3 on the new one. Which really just goes to show how large it still is. And a wedge plate on the side of the cockpit.

Wow! Tyderium is absolutely incredible, Final Duel is waaaaaay better than I thought it would be (I'm glad they included the hiding areas!), and although I hate TPM, I still really want the Naboo Starfighter.

Overall, this is a pretty good wave (so far). But all these sets, along with the TFA wave AND Rebels season 2......My wallet is going to have a heart attack!

BTW, since there will be a Rebels Season 2 wave, maybe we'll get Sabine's helmet in a cheaper set.....

Ohh thank god the shuttle looks good, was so worried! The wings look a lil to rectangular but still looks great!

This has only made me crave more pictures of the future sets now though

Edited by TheWolffe

The Imperial Shuttle Tydirium is the Porsche Cayman if the UCS Imperial Shuttle was the Porsche 911. :sweet:

I have to admit that Imperial Shuttle is an excellent looking set, definitely one of the most improved remakes I've seen. Honestly though I'm really disappointed when it comes to the minifigure selection of these sets, they just seem so Army Builder orientated rather then scene based. In exclusion to Darth Vader's helmet, there are no minifigure molds, and above all, we've gotten all these minifigures before in some form, no new characters. In the Naboo sets, it would have been great to get Boss Nass, a Theed Battle Padme or Nute Gunray instead of the same old Gungan Warrior and Obi-Wan. Same goes for the Episode 6 sets, certainly would've been cool to see Prune Face or the Emperor's Entourage, I mean why include two Royal Guards in the Duel set when one can get them in a battle pack? Personally, I think the only set i'm going to buy is Imperial Shuttle simply be cause of ship itself, but the other sets of the wave seem pretty disappointing in both designand minifigure line up.

Edited by North Lego Star

The shuttle looks incredible! Of course the cockpit doesn't look as perfect as the UCS, but it still looks great! Brickset had me all worried. Now fingers crossed for an interior...

My thoughts on all the sets:

Shuttle Tydirium

Pros:

• Size

• Price

• Rebel Commandos

Cons:

• No new figs

• Wings look a little awkward but not too bad

(8.5/10)

Final Duel

Pros:

• Great features

• Looks nice

• Not a horrible price

• Emperor

Cons:

• No brand new figs

• Might be a little small

(8/10)

Naboo Starfighter

Pros:

• 8 Minifigs

• Looks like a solid design

Cons:

• Price

• Re hash of the previous version

• No brand new figs

(6.5/10)

Flash Speeder

Pros:

• New ship (last version was like 15 years ago)

• 5 minifgs

• Naboo Security Gaurds

Cons:

• Price ($40?!) should be $25 at most

• Not a great minifig selection (Gungan+droid=meh)

• looks a little blocky

(5.5/10)

I agree, a bit lackluster in the minifigs, but at least we get new costumes for Endor Han & Final Duel Luke (previous ROTJ Lukes have all been in the vest he wore until leaving the Ewok village, or in the Endor poncho; the Ewok Village set is the first ROTJ Luke in his vest-less attire, but with the post-lightning flap down).

The Royal Guards seem wildly redundant when you can grab 'em and some gunners for $13 right now; a couple Dignitaries would've been preferable, or even a Moff Jerjerrod or other Imperial officer. The Endor Rebels seem drab, but maybe this time around we'll get Nik Sant and one of the guys with mustaches; Orrimaarko would've been so much nicer in there.

The N-1 fighter set seems an easy pass since I have the last one, but I guess I understand why it keeps turning up; it's the only non-clone, non-droid, non-Jedi fighter in the PT.

The Flash Speeder looks good, but is another of those "feels overpriced" sets. I have little doubt the part-count will seem to support the price, but...still.

Edited by Venkefedo

People keep bringing up no new molds other than Vader. Remember there will probably be many new moulds in the episode IIV sets and I'm sure a lot of the budget or quota allowed on new pieces are being taken up by those sets and all the new pieces for Rebels (Hell the Inquisitor alone required 3)

Wow! The Tydirium and the final duel are instant buys for me, although I'll probably pass on the TPM sets to free up cash for the TFA wave.

I love the dark look of the Duel boxart, it makes me feel really nostalgic for some reason. The sets design is definitely a pleasant surprise for me, much better than I could have imagined. Definate buy for me, although the lack of any new characters and the size of the set means I'll probably wait for a discount.

The Flash Speeder looks pretty good, a definate improvement over the last one :D although as an army builder I wish TLG had taken the Lotr approach of including six minifigures and an animal in a £30 set. All they would have to have done here is include Padme in her handmaiden disguise, who also doubles as a generic decoy, throw in a new Kaadu and drop the price point by £5. As it is, I'll wait for a decent sale (I managed to purchase the Tri-fighter the other day for £25)

I'm withholding judgement on the Tydirium, having no personal attachment or nostalgia to the ship, but the picture is too blurry for me to get the idea if just how good it's going to be. However, the lack of stormtroopers, scout troopers of any Imperials at all is an irritating flaw.

I'm not even going to talk about the Starfighter.

As expensive as this part if the wave seems, at least we have the surprisingly cheap Rebels sets to look forward too. And the TFA sets...

Edited by Dragonlego27

The shuttle looks great and is an instant buy for me. 4 new minifigs, so that good. The final duel set is less impressive, but I'm not a big fan of scenes anyway. Will need to see better pics before buying it. The new vader fig is the best bit.

wow, I am not buying any of these sets! yay! I am sure new Vader mold will reappear in another set, next year or the other, otherwise all of the sets seem unexciting.

I never really took to the ewok villiage, I got the death star instead as It seemed like a more interesting array of figures and features. Therefore I never got a final duel updated luke so its nice to see him in a cheaper set, I never got the royal guard BP last year for some unknown reason (usually I leap at those) so its nice to see the updated design carried over. I am intrigued at Vader's new Helmet pieces and am ver interested to see what it comes out as. As for the set it looks mostly great. They have taken influence from palpatine's arrest a far bit with the red and gold bits near the door. Whats bizzare is the shaft where the emperor is thrown down is not where it should be, for some reason its next to the throne which is just plain odd. There is also sadly no place for luke to jump up and refuse to duel with vader. I'm glad under the stairs there looks a place to hide and that the three iconic windows have been placed in there, most of these pieces look unfinished so i'd imagine they'd have the necessary printing that is signature to the emperor's abode. Correct me if i'm wrong but the place where luke jumps to in this set appears to be on the left side of the set, I would guess it would have a collapsing feature to make the scene take place. I hope this set does not fall into the same trap the death star did, with no place to duel in front of the throne as that is an essential and iconic moment.

AS for the shuttle, that just looks fantastic and its good to finally see an endor han solo. Can't wait to see pictures of the summer stuff either from Nuremberg or NY toyfair.