Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2015 Pictures and Rumors

I decided to watch Return of the Jedi, and I realized how perfect it would be if the Final Duel set was done in a similar fashion to Palpatine's Arrest. That set flawlessly captured the essence of Sheev's office, while still maintaining a ton of playability and fun features, all within a very sturdy and unique build. They could easily use a similar construction method to create the throne room, with the only major difference being the throne would need to be raised enough to allow room for where Luke hides from Vader.

Palpatine's Arrest is a brilliant set, I agree, but I don't think Final Duel should be the same size as it. Although the build could easily go from a £40 set to anything up to £80, I believe TLG should only focus on the main throne area, so the base platform, the stairs and support pillars and a small raised throne area itself. That way you can reenact all the main scenes and still have play features and enough space to duel.

Palpatine's Arrest also had six important minifigures while Final Duel should only have three (with maybe 1/2 extra figures thrown in). My guess would be to keep the set at the same size as Duel on Geonosis, so with Darth Vader, Luke and Sidious and maybe an Imperial Dignitary.

I also agree with Bissspuren that the set should include no Royal Guards-we have a battlepack for that.

Edited by Dragonlego27

Instead of Royal Guard, Stormtoopers would be a better choice. And yes, I know they weren't in that scene but its are best shot at getting some more.

My T-16 and Azure Angel came in today <3. I love them both, although AA was missing a light gray 3 rod and the sticker sheet.

I might also get the AAT, but that'll pretty much be all for this wave.

I'm not really waiting for the Final Duel set, since I have my big ol' Death Star.

I am looking forward to a bigger Hoth base though. I joined 7879 and 7666 together, but it feels a little bare-bones.

The entire sticker sheet was missing? That's bad.

And, bit of a general question here, is there any particular reason we aren't seeing the "opposition" to the Battle packs?

Some interesting news for TFA. http://www.starwarsunderworld.com/2015/01/rumor-action-figure-sets-to-be-released.html

By: Benjamin Hart

Earlier this week we got a look at a product list from Hasbro for action figures, vehicles and more related to Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens. And today our friends at Jedi News claim to have gotten their hands on info and images regarding an action figure release that will be happening much sooner and along with a special release of the six current films.

Jedi News reports:

"...It seems that there's more product to come from Hasbro... to support the digital releases of the films probably in time for May 4th although that date could be sooner. We have images and details about 6 box sets that will be released (similar in look and style from the 2011 Blu-ray Commemorative Sets) that will be released around the same time, click on the images for a closer look."

"The text in the first image states 'LEFT SIDE PANELS CREATE A COMPLETE COLLAGE WHEN LINED UP. WE WILL COMISSION A NEW ILLUSTRATION THAT FEATURES THE CHARACTERS INCLUDED IN THE ASSORTMENT AND FITS THE SPACE PRECISELY '. It looks as though all the figures will be from Saga Legends, which feature five points of articulation and have all been released before. It should be noted that no female figures are represented."

They also revealed info(and UK pricing) for five Lego sets slated for release in June and thirteen others coming later this year. Jedi News adds that they have been told that two of the Episode VII sets are the Milennium Falcon and X-Wing:

75091 Classic Flash Speeder £34.99

75092 Naboo Starfighter £54.99

75093 Death Star Final Duel £69.99

75094 Imperial Shuttle Tydirium £79.99

75106 Imperial Assault Carrier £99.99

75099 Episode VII £19.99

75100 Episode VII £39.99

75101 Episode VII £59.99

75102 Episode VII £69.99

75103 Episode VII £79.99

75104 Episode VII £99.99

75105 Episode VII £129.99

75107 £14.99

75108 £14.99

75109 £19.99

75110 £19.99

75111 £24.99

75112 £29.99

They also mention that the "street date" for all of The Force Awakens merchandise including the second wave of Lego sets, is September 4th.

It's very exciting to hear about all of the toys releases that are coming with The Force Awakens, but it's even more intriguing to find out that original six films may be released digitally very soon. Does this mean we'll finally be able to watch the Saga on Netflix, iTunes, Google Play, or all of them(& more) prior to the release of Episode VII? We can certainly hope!

Of course, given the reliability of the source and included images, this does seem legitimate, but we still have to file this as a rumor until Lucasfilm confirms it.

Source: Jedi News

Follow The Star Wars Underworld on Twitter @TheSWU for more updates about this story and other breaking Star Wars news.

Nice! I can't wait to see the new X-Wing in Lego form. Also, that's a giddying amount of sets to be released in one wave, but I guess Lego wants to capitalise on the first Star Wars movie release in ten years.

The entire sticker sheet was missing? That's bad.

And, bit of a general question here, is there any particular reason we aren't seeing the "opposition" to the Battle packs?

I wouldn't mind seeing those, but they could present a challenge. What would be set against the Senate Commandos? A BP full of Battle Droids and/or Droidekas is dull to me... but for the Geonosis Troopers, a pack of Geonosians might actually be nice. The ITT is tough to make opposition for because right now in Rebels, there is no Rebel Alliance, and so no Rebel Troopers. However, with the Shadow Troopers--TFU-inspired--you could easily make a pack of General Kota's troops (perhaps two of those, and two regular RFTs).

Hm, it seems as though Final Duel will be rather big.

Not really. It's the same price as Palpatine's Arrest, and that set was a platform and minifigs. But....I suppose that even if the set is at $0.10 a brick, that's still 900 bricks, nearly 300 more than PA. So it could work.

Wow

I hope these price are not the final ones.

34.99 pound for the flash speeder. This mean it will be around 50$ for many other country. These price are high and seem to be continually going up. They decrease or at least not go up because the cost of fuel is falling.

And some of these price point seem new: 54.99, 99.99, 34.99

Edited by duboismerci

£79.99?! For the Final Duel set! That's £20 more than Palpatine's Arrest! I know it comes with a newly moulded Vader, but still...

I've also realised why the DV helmet is in two parts-so the top half can be taken off for Darth Vader's final scene. Sorry if I caught on a bit late. Also, apart from Stormtroopers and Royal Guards, who else could come in this set. Imperial Officers?

Seems to me the £130 TFA set is a tad obvious-we're getting another Millennium Falcon!

Does anyone have any idea what the £15 sets could be? The only set I know at that price is Battle of Saleucami.

My thoughts on this earlier!

Was watching ROTJ at the weekend and considered what a great set the 75093 Final Dual could be if they do it justice. New Luke (with tunic) new Emperor (as per DK book) new Darth (with kind face underneath the mask and new 2 part helmet) plus a couple of Royal Guards.

They could create the whole of the top of the spire with the 4 viewing windows in a similar way to the 'Palpatine's Arrest' scene.

At £70 I'd be disappointed with anything less than the whole spire. Also how many minifigs with Palpatine's Arrest? Palpy and 4 Jedi? I'd be disappointed with 2x Imperial Guards (that are readily available) plus the Skywalkers and Emp.

^^

The Final Duel set is actually £69.99 :classic: But nonetheless, still an expensive price so we can except alot from it.

Looking forward to that 130.00 set. Hopefully it will be the Millenium Falcon.

75091 Classic Flash Speeder £34.99

75092 Naboo Starfighter £54.99

75093 Death Star Final Duel £69.99

75094 Imperial Shuttle Tydirium £79.99

75106 Imperial Assault Carrier £99.99

75099 Episode VII £19.99

75100 Episode VII £39.99

75101 Episode VII £59.99

75102 Episode VII £69.99

75103 Episode VII £79.99

75104 Episode VII £99.99

75105 Episode VII £129.99

75107 £14.99

75108 £14.99

75109 £19.99

75110 £19.99

75111 £24.99

75112 £29.99

Well, that blows.

I was hoping there would be NO Ep7 sets in the summer wave. I recall a few pages back this was mentioned and that all Ep7 sets would be released in the fall.

I thought that this meant that the entire list (including the 'Wolf' sets) would be OT, PT and Rebels sets. Turns out they will split the summer wave into two and that there are only 2 OT (and 2 PT) sets. Ok, there are also the 6 smaller sets 75107-75112 (my guess is that some of those are Rebels sets.

Negatives:

-I still had some hope for a Dagobah or modular Cloud City set this summer......that hope is now gone.

-Just 2 OT sets! The winter wave was also OT-light. As JarJar would say: Mesa no likey!

Positives:

-Besides Yoda's shack and Lando's crib I was hoping for the Tydirium....and tadaa: It's being released!! VERY happy with it!

-This year will be expensive enough with the avalanche of other (non-Lego) Star Wars merch coming.....so it gives me some time to breathe and to save for the Echo Base set (Only if it's good though) and other stuff.

My thoughts on this earlier!

At £70 I'd be disappointed with anything less than the whole spire. Also how many minifigs with Palpatine's Arrest? Palpy and 4 Jedi? I'd be disappointed with 2x Imperial Guards (that are readily available) plus the Skywalkers and Emp.

Agreed...I hope they'll throw in these folks:

imp-dig-3.jpg

And Moff J.

tumblr_nclnopIUUC1rr5kcxo4_400.jpg

So, there seems to be no Set with Sabine's helmet included...

And no more Rebels Sets?

I must say that I expected "more": a normal summer wave including Rebels, OT and PT (although I never thought about new E1 or E2 sets, but more and bigger E3 Sets) in June. I expected here at least 12 Sets..

And a separate wave E7, 13 Sets for this Film release seem to be a right amount due to the enormous Hopes and dreams all over the world.

Saving Money here but it would have been nice to see a massive set range...

Greetings. Hendrik

Amazing amounts of sets coming out for Ep. 7. Looks like there are around half a dozen more sets compared to last year, not including poly bags. WOW!!

Edited by Darth Carlos

I find it odd that Demitri's first breaking of the Summer list designated 75101 and 75102 as Rebels sets and now they are TFA sets. Demitri's info has proven to be spot on except for that designation - which was confusing at the time given the "Wolf" tag was applied to the Rebels sets, whereas now we see all the Wolf sets were TFA sets. I wonder why Demitri or his source labelled them as "Rebels"? And does the placement of 75106 out of order signify anything regarding its source? Curious...

Amazing amounts of sets coming out for Ep. 7. Looks like there are around half a dozen more sets compared to last year, not including poly bags. WOW!!

couple that with the amount of Hasbro stuff, Ep 7 is going to be heavily marketed.