Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2015 Pictures and Rumors

Hopefully we finally get a Boss Nass in one of those episode 1 sets.

I'm hoping he shows up in the flash speeder set. I'm really hoping for a new Padme variation in one of these sets too. A few side characters from Naboo would be nice as well, maybe Sabe or Sio Bibble.

Edited by strangely

Finally back and posting again after an 8 month dark age... :grin:

Anyway, first things first, does no one else find it strange that the Yularen polybag refers to him as "Admiral" instead of "Colonel" as this was his rank with the ISB in ANH? Maybe it's just so that everyone recognises him more easily, but still....buying him anyway!

The winter sets are ok I guess. I was disappointed to read that the Stormtrooper BP is Rebels based, although they aren't actually TOO bad. The Imperial officer in the TIE Advanced is a must for me as I just love the Impy officers for some reason! Won't be buying the AT-DP despite my love for the walker itself, and will be buying the Shadow Troopers BP. Otherwise, pretty cheap wave.

However, the summer wave looks very promising so far! The Tyderium is my favourite so far (hopefully with new versions of Leia and Luke with the camo stuff on), and the Death Star Duel sounds good also. Hoping for a cheapish set with Luke, Vader, Palpy and maybe an officer or something (similar to the very old Final Duel 1 and 2 sets).

The rumours of a UCS everything Echo Base/Cloud City/MF all sound awesome, but I'm hoping most for Cloud City, then we can finally get some updates to the old Bespin figures and add some new ones too!

And finally, perhaps it would make sense that an AT-ST is released as part of the summer wave given that they featured prominently during the Battle of Endor, and we are getting at least 2 ROTJ sets already?

Sorry for the massive post, and sorry again if you actually read it!

Matthew

Edited by Admiral-Ackbar

Do you think we will see another Yoda chronicles set this year?

It would be nice if they continue what they did in the last one and give us a few really obscure minifigures

Finally back and posting again after an 8 month dark age... :grin:

Anyway, first things first, does no one else find it strange that the Yularen polybag refers to him as "Admiral" instead of "Colonel" as this was his rank with the ISB in ANH? Maybe it's just so that everyone recognises him more easily, but still....buying him anyway!

The winter sets are ok I guess. I was disappointed to read that the Stormtrooper BP is Rebels based, although they aren't actually TOO bad. The Imperial officer in the TIE Advanced is a must for me as I just love the Impy officers for some reason! Won't be buying the AT-DP despite my love for the walker itself, and will be buying the Shadow Troopers BP. Otherwise, pretty cheap wave.

However, the summer wave looks very promising so far! The Tyderium is my favourite so far (hopefully with new versions of Leia and Luke with the camo stuff on), and the Death Star Duel sounds good also. Hoping for a cheapish set with Luke, Vader, Palpy and maybe an officer or something (similar to the very old Final Duel 1 and 2 sets).

The rumours of a UCS everything Echo Base/Cloud City/MF all sound awesome, but I'm hoping most for Cloud City, then we can finally get some updates to the old Bespin figures and add some new ones too!

And finally, perhaps it would make sense that an AT-ST is released as part of the summer wave given that they featured prominently during the Battle of Endor, and we are getting at least 2 ROTJ sets already?

Sorry for for the massive post, and sorry again if you actually read it!

Matthew

Pretty sure the link a few pages back locked in the hoth set, think people are still hoping for MF and CC.

Yularen is an interesting choice. Perhaps he has a role in ep 7? For white uniform personally i'd have done Thrawn blue face with red eyes and a decen hair piece, would've been really good to get.

Most people are after a new at-st, personally i'd like it included in the hoth set, be nice to get a snow baed one.

Pretty sure the link a few pages back locked in the hoth set, think people are still hoping for MF and CC.

There was a link to the Echo Base set? I must have missed it, can someone repost it please?

Yularen is an interesting choice. Perhaps he has a role in ep 7?

Well, he died in the destruction of the first Death Star and even if he survived he was already old by the time, the new trilogy taking place 30 years after ROTJ - highly unlikely...

There is no,direct link, just a rumor list that was removed from eurobricks but can still be found here http://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-2015-set-release-dates-and-promo-details/

Thanks for this! Even though the rest of the list looks accurate, I'll take the Hoth Echo Base rumour with a pinch of salt mainly since its the only one not to have been given a set number.

Saying that, I do like the idea of a new large Echo Base set to replace that god awful 2011 version! (Still dreaming of a Cloud City though....)

Yularen is an interesting choice. Perhaps he has a role in ep 7?

I think Rebels is more likely. But they brought Darth Maul back so who knows at this point?

Well, he died in the destruction of the first Death Star and even if he survived he was already old by the time, the new trilogy taking place 30 years after ROTJ - highly unlikely...

I get your point but LFL have disregard thst so who says they can't write a new history for him?

Anyone knows why the shadow trooper's helmet has two colour? I would like study more before i buy it :>

I'ts my guess that the grey on it is to help represent that these troopers have stealth capabilities (certain parts of the armor glow blue before vanishing and then return to black when out of stealth)

If we're getting another Naboo Starfighter they better at least give us a proper molded helmet this time. The pilot one they always give us really doesn't look right.

Of the conference room group, the only ones we can safely assume are on the station when it's destroyed are Tarkin and Bast. We can also presume Motti is still there, because he's a big champion of the Death Star... Tagge, however, may have bailed after that meeting, and it's possible Yularen left as well (he's seen while Luke & Han are transporting Chewie, wearing a black cap--and his black trousers, of course--striding thru the halls; he may have been on the way to a transport off the station).

But even if he did survive somehow, the odds of him being, say, Max Von Sydow's character in TFA are slim... still, if cybernetics and other therapies could extend his life, maybe? It'd be a fairly unexpected twist, one fans would appreciate even if it was largely meaningless to general audiences, and it'd give him & Rey a connection to the Skywalkers (if Rey isn't descended from them herself)... Yularen did work closely with Anakin, after all. :tongue:

If we're getting another Naboo Starfighter they better at least give us a proper molded helmet this time. The pilot one they always give us really doesn't look right.

I don't think a new mold for helmet is necessary, however they should give black version on hoth rebel trooper's goggles instead of regular goggles to the pilots.

Isn't it meant to be the tenth anniversary of RotS? The 3D release is also coming out as well. Perhaps Lego might acknowledge this with several sets they missed out in the 2014 wave:

A Juggernaut Turbo Tank (£109.99), A Wookiee Catamaran (£59.99) and a Ornithoptor (£29.99) would all be nice, especially since TLG have all the Wookiee moulds they need.

BTW, I also think it's past time we got the Jedi School Bus from Yoda Chronicles with all four of the Jedi Younglings. Who would say no to that?!

I don't think a new mold for helmet is necessary, however they should give black version on hoth rebel trooper's goggles instead of regular goggles to the pilots.

They've made new molds for most of the other helmets and hats in the movies, I see no reason why they wouldn't this time for the Naboo pilots. The current helmet isn't even the correct color. If they're willing to make Panaka's hat then they should be able to make a helmet. Plus if they expect us to buy yet another Naboo starfighter they definitely need to add in a few exclusive parts to make this worth our while.

The Death Star Final Duel and Shuttle Tydirium certainly have my attention and are potential buys. I am glad they finally got around to create a Death Star scene without making you buy the big set. As long as it has Palpatine in it together with Vader and Luke, this should work. The play feature would probably be the collapsing catwalk where Vader threw his lightsaber at Luke. Palpatine's swivel chair and the round window behind him would seem like likely inclusions.

As for Tydirium, my hopes would be for a decent sized shuttle. Minifigs hoped for would certainly be Han, Chewie, and Leia. They will probably add Luke too even if he is exactly the same as in the DS final battle above. A rebel soldier or two would be a bonus.

Going back to the DS set above, I wonder if the time for retirement of the big DS is near? It seems like they have avoided building any DS related sets other than the planetary system model for the last couple of years in order to not compete with it.

I'm hoping for this Luke in Final Duel http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/galleries/2011/Review_LukeSkywalkerEndorCaptureTVC/Review_LukeSkywalkerEndorCapture_stillB.JPG

and this Han in Tydirium http://members.shaw.ca/david.p.z.888/star_wars/pics/han_solo_endor.jpg

I know Han doesn't actually wear the coat on the shuttle, but it's been missed out of every Endor set so far. Maybe Luke could have his poncho as well, the only preivous release of that minifig was 1999!

I'm glad we're getting another shuttle at long last. Maybe they could whack an Admiral Piett in there too!

I think the new UCS TIE will contain a new TIE cockpit, considering last two UCS's also did got a new mold for their cockpit (X-wing and Slave I)

Also, I think they then will use the same cockoit mold/piece as window in the Final duel set.

I think the new UCS TIE will contain a new TIE cockpit, considering last two UCS's also did got a new mold for their cockpit (X-wing and Slave I)

Also, I think they then will use the same cockoit mold/piece as window in the Final duel set.

Do you think it will have minifigures like Slave I or none like the X-wing?

I was thinking the same about the cockpit piece, hoping for something bigger.

I'm hoping for this Luke in Final Duel http://www.jeditempl...ture_stillB.JPG

and this Han in Tydirium http://members.shaw...._solo_endor.jpg

I know Han doesn't actually wear the coat on the shuttle, but it's been missed out of every Endor set so far. Maybe Luke could have his poncho as well, the only preivous release of that minifig was 1999!

I'm glad we're getting another shuttle at long last. Maybe they could whack an Admiral Piett in there too!

I think we're all in agreement about those minifig choices. It makes the most sense, and LEGO likes to have aa many of those 'NEW' signs next to figs as possible.

I decided to watch Return of the Jedi, and I realized how perfect it would be if the Final Duel set was done in a similar fashion to Palpatine's Arrest. That set flawlessly captured the essence of Sheev's office, while still maintaining a ton of playability and fun features, all within a very sturdy and unique build. They could easily use a similar construction method to create the throne room, with the only major difference being the throne would need to be raised enough to allow room for where Luke hides from Vader.