Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2015 Pictures and Rumors

The Hailfire Droid is a Target exclusive, guys!

16122394205_4e0622b398_z.jpg

16122394635_024265026d_z.jpg

16096603396_21bccbabf8_z.jpg

16096603226_3539d8256a_z.jpg

15935110700_ec146b33f5_z.jpg

Overall, this one is a mixed bag. I'm let down none of the minifigures are exclusive. The $20 price isn't so satisfying because of this, and the build itself is pretty small to fit that price point. I dunno. There are some cool pieces in here though, and this is probably the slickest Hailfire LEGO set yet due to its inclusion of the "hoop wheels" as printing on a circular plate.

Edited by just2good

Hey j2g are you planning to review Anakin's Custom Jedi Starfighter??

Yes, when it comes out. :classic:

Thanks for the review J2G, I'm probably not getting this set. Its a good redesign but there's nothing that really stands out to me. Looking forward to future reviews.

As far as Cloud City I would be interested in a new Cloud Car. The last minifig scale set we got was 2002! There still could be some hope for a Cloud City themed set.

Just got the January catalog...

That little AT-DP giveaway is pretty impressive for only 65 pieces. It even has the viewport missing from the System scale version!

:vader:

Also. If the "Hard To Find" tag indicates retailer exclusives, then the three are Hailfire Droid, Battle Droid Troop Carrier and Anakin's Custom JSF.

Edited by rollermonkey

Thanks for the review J2G, I'm probably not getting this set. Its a good redesign but there's nothing that really stands out to me. Looking forward to future reviews.

Thanks for the review j2g! I will most likely buy especially when it's 20$ and I don't have it yet.

My pleasure! :classic:

Nice review, probably won't pick it up because I have the old version, but this one does look pretty good. Although the fact that only 4 of the 8 missiles fire is disappointing, especially when they're asymmetrical. :wacko:

And I liked the tread links better, Even though they were a pain to build.

On another note, I don't really mind when sets don't include exclusive minifigures, Especially when they only came in a polybag. Makes them easier for me to get. :wink:

Is the Clone lieutenant a different shade of blue than the polybag one? It looks darker to me.

Same shade.

Nice review, probably won't pick it up because I have the old version, but this one does look pretty good. Although the fact that only 4 of the 8 missiles fire is disappointing, especially when they're asymmetrical. :wacko:

And I liked the tread links better, Even though they were a pain to build.

On another note, I don't really mind when sets don't include exclusive minifigures, Especially when they only came in a polybag. Makes them easier for me to get. :wink:

Thanks, and I understand that! :classic:

my predictions for the new sets. sorry if its too long lol.

Lego Star Wars 2015 Summer Line

Flash Speeder (TPM)

Price: $25

Pieces: 150-200

Minifigs:

• Padme Amidala

• Naboo Guard

• Battle Droid (x2)

Naboo Starfighter (TPM)

Pieces: 300-350

Price: $30

Minifigs:

• Anakin Skywalker

• R2-D2

Shuttle Tydirium (ROTJ)

Pieces: 400-450

Price: $50

Minifigs:

• Han Solo

• Leia

• Chewbacca

• Scout Trooper

• Storm Trooper

Death Star Final Duel (ROTJ)

Pieces: 350-400

Price: $40

Minifigs:

• Luke Skywalker

• Darth Vader

• Emperor Palpatine

• Imperial Officer

• Storm Trooper

Imperial Assault Carrier (EU)

Price: $130

Pieces: ?

Minifigs: ?

X-Wing (TFA)

Price: ?

Minifigs:

• Poe Dameron

• Others (?)

Milennium Falcon (TFA)

Minifigs:

• Han Solo

• Chewbacca

• Others

TFA Set #3

TFA Set #4

TFA Set #5

Rebels Set #1

Rebels Set #2

Hoth Echo Base (ESB)

Price: $250

Minifigs:

• Han Solo

• Luke Skywalker

• Leia Organa

• Chewbacca

• C-3PO

• R2-D2

• Others

Good point Fuppylodders :classic:

There was a comment on Bricklink about 6 months ago, which said that a new Falcon was in the pipeline, so I'm still optimistic about it. I tried to find it but failed; it would be interesting to read it again if anyone knows where it is! However, considering that we've got the Slave 1 & TIE Fighter this year, I'd guess that the earliest it will appear would be in early 2016, which would link nicely with the release of Episode VII.

I'm thinking when we do see a new Falcon it will be a Winter 2015-2016 release to put it on top of the new movie, and to avoid major spoilers at least until the hard date.

UCS hoth base? its going to be great!!!

If it's UCS I think it will be different than what we have seen before. Maybe an above ground battle scene in a non minifig scale? Kinda like the old MPC model? Heck if it is a minifig scale playset it might actually be where they sneak in a new Falcon. Maybe a nicely done hanger scene?

I scrolled down too fast, so I thought it was the actual list. Oh well.

Same. :hmpf_bad:

The Echo Base sounds amazing! I love the fact that we're getting a lot more Oridge Tridge this coming year. Updated versions of the OT characters are very welcome so as to prepare for a complete collection along with the TFA sets.

Bought and assembled the AAT today it is smaller than the previous ones but honestly I don't think its that off from being minifig scale, The clone wars one, while cool, was far bigger than scale.

Also does anyone know if the snowspeeder pilot and Clone Pilot from the microfighters represent actual named characters based off their helmet designs?

Really hoping Anakin's JSF isn't a TRU exclusive, prices of those tend to be heavily inflated in my country. Any word on that?

The droid carrier is the TRU exclusive here in Canada.

Concerning the Unnamed Very Large Set-

I have sources that say that that will be a UCS Tie Fighter. I have no picture and no name for my sources (blast my memory), but I DO remember that it is rumored that there will be a UCS TIE.

... Doh! Read before you post! Sorry mates. I know that ye all know that there is a Tie.

I think that:

a: The Imperial Assult Carrier will be brought into TFA MAYBE (just speculation) I think it's kinda nuts for TLG to bring in such a uncommon and unheard thing unless it will appear in TFA.

b: Why would TLG Use a late 2015 slot for a USC TESB Set when they could do more recent stuff like a TFA set or a rebels set... Can you list your sources Chris12399?

c: Isn't it a little early for so many TFA USC sets? Those will probally be late 2016!

Again, just my thoughts. Feel free to smack me upside the head and send my to the corner with a dunce cap on.

Edited by AidanA128

The droid carrier is the TRU exclusive here in Canada.

Then it's settled...

Hailfire droid is target

Droid carrier is toysrus

Anakin's custom starfighter is walmart

Concerning the Unnamed Very Large Set-

I have sources that say that that will be a UCS Tie Fighter. I have no picture and no name for my sources (blast my memory), but I DO remember that it is rumored that there will be a UCS TIE.

... Doh! Read before you post! Sorry mates. I know that ye all know that there is a Tie.

I think that:

a: The Imperial Assult Carrier will be brought into TFA MAYBE (just speculation) I think it's kinda nuts for TLG to bring in such a uncommon and unheard thing unless it will appear in TFA.

b: Why would TLG Use a late 2015 slot for a USC TESB Set when they could do more recent stuff like a TFA set or a rebels set... Can you list your sources Chris12399?

c: Isn't it a little early for so many TFA USC sets? Those will probally be late 2016!

Again, just my thoughts. Feel free to smack me upside the head and send my to the corner with a dunce cap on.

Just my predictions. i dont have any sources.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7Rfi4RQMFKM

I already expected a new Hoth Echo Base. A few weeks ago Just2good posted this video with new molds and prints where you can see a medical droid and also a head that looks like the May 4th Han Solo (but it's slightly different).

Edited by Robert_88