Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2015 Pictures and Rumors

Thanks for the pics, Just2Good, the Rebels stormies are growing on me a bit. One question though, how do you get the pictures just2good?

No prob. I cannot reveal my source, but keep in mind it isn't anything you can just go on and find. It's not exactly public, but it's not private. If I did reveal it, I fear they'd get in trouble by LEGO and that this opportunity wouldn't come again.

I am wondering why this is? Wouldn't it be commercially better to release the sets before Christmas? That's the period when most presents are bought.

I can only speak for the Lego store in my city, but they had the last winter SW wave in early December (perhaps even before that; I don't visit the store every day...). So there was ample time for Christmas shopping.

Maybe the capital's privilege :laugh:

I hope this wave also comes before Christmas. I may be an AFOL, but I also have presents to make.

Can the AT-DP actually be considered obscure if it appears in a TV series that hasn't aired past the pilot episode yet?

Although we only had one episode yet, the trailers suggest we will see a lot more of them. Probably they are the standard walker, at least in the first season. I fully expect some larger walkers to come, but only later.

So the AT-DP is most likely the very opposite of obscure, imho.

...and it makes for a very good Lego set. Despite some of the flak it gets here, this wave presented some excellent minifig selection, at least for the Rebels. The AT-DP gets both its drivers! Most bigger walkers lack some of its personell. Then there is one of the two main villains and a stormtrooper on top of it. I love it.

(Hate me, but I also love the Rebel's Stormies!)

Thanks for the pics, Just2good! Does anyone know how much the Droid Carrier will cost? (12 BATTLE DROIDS!!!! FINALLY!!!) :classic:

About 50 to 60 dollars, but seriously, if you just want it for the Droid army building potential toy could probably get 30+ droids off of bricklink for the same price.

I quitte like the designs of the imperials from the rebels-series. Especially the tie and at-dp. Not sure if i will be buying them, but they just look real great and interchangeable with ot empire stuff.

I also like some of the battlepacks. The shadowtrooperpack i will purchase. The senatetrooper pack maybe. Even the geonosis one. But still no sign of alien species battlepacks and i need more sw-alien.

Is the new Gungan in the droid carrier captain Tarpals or yet another generic one?

I like that they still make pt-sets, even if i don't collect them.

The micro at-at i will buy for my girl

I'm in doubt about the wookie jet. I like the wookies a lot.

The tusken raider feels a bit off. The color of his head isnt the same as the body and because of it it feels like a fanboy custom instead of a lego minifig.

Hmm just searched on tusken raiders and they do have a darker head than clothes. Ok, i'll buy them!!! Hurray!!!

Edited by Borex

The longer I look at the tusken raider the more I begin to hate his head...a normal head would be better...but that's just my opinion.

Is the new Gungan in the droid carrier captain Tarpals or yet another generic one?

Another generic Gungan, although the costume on this new figure is the same one Captain Tarpals wears.

The rat may be a disappointment, but it might be a blessing in diskise. We've got a new lego star wars creature every year scince 2009, barring 2011. 2009 tauntaun, 2010 wampa, 2012 jabba, 2013 rancor, 2014 dewback. Even in 2011 a slight redesign of the tauntaun appeared. I, personally, didn't want this years animal to be a womp rat so the inclusion of a normal rat makes room for the new animal to be in summer 2015. I recken a bantha because disny wants people to like the OT for vii. As the bantha is the only normal sized creature left to do I think this is most likely. Or maybe they'll do a space slug to scale with the ucs falcon but, for some reason, I doubt that.

So don't be sad about the womp rat like those storm troopers obviously are!

Welcome to Eurobricks The-Nexu! :classic:

This is really an interesting thinking, I quite like the reasoning. And I do hope that you are right abount bantha! But thinking again, there's no way TLG would do a new mold for Tusken just to put one figure in one 30$ set, so, yes I do believe that Tusken Attack is pending for the very near future!

And these stormtroopers are sad indeed :sadnew:

Edited by Spyderlord

I'm not that dissapointed about the wamp rat. As good as it would have been, the Tusken head makes up for it.

The Insquiter figure though, still remains as one of my favourite figures of the wave so far.

It's a hard call though. On the one hand there's Slave I priced at £170.00, yet on the other we have some fantastic Rebels and SW sets.

The only flaw with this wave is price. There are some sets such as the Droid Transport which are tempting, but heavily overpriced.

I like the sets. What I find interesting is that comparatively many sets aren't from the movies or the series (shadow trooper bp, geonosis trooper bp, Azure Angel).

Edited by Brickadeer

I would think that has to do with Disney 'fixing' the canon, so LEGO just shoved out everything that they had in the works.

Guys, I'm so confused. The Shadow Troops have OT printing, while the ITT uses Rebel prints. If Shadow Troops is also from Rebels, (which is highly likely), why not do the same prints? And the Imperial Officer in the TIE Protoype uses the same print as in this year's Star Destroyer, and the Pilot is the same as OT printing. So they gave us OT Shadow Stormies, OT pilots, and OT officers, but REBELS PLAIN STORMIES?!?! Messed up, man......

Also, the Tusken is great. Look at the movie: the Tusken DOES have a darker head. I was just hoping for a helmet, not a molded head.

Lastly guys, I just wanted to ask a question about the Slave I. Since it will be released in January, it does not count as a 2014 exclusive, but as a 2015 exclusive. But Lego always releases exclusives in May and August, so is the Slave I just early, or will they do three next year?

Guys, I'm so confused. The Shadow Troops have OT printing, while the ITT uses Rebel prints. If Shadow Troops is also from Rebels, (which is highly likely), why not do the same prints? And the Imperial Officer in the TIE Protoype uses the same print as in this year's Star Destroyer, and the Pilot is the same as OT printing. So they gave us OT Shadow Stormies, OT pilots, and OT officers, but REBELS PLAIN STORMIES?!?! Messed up, man......

Also, the Tusken is great. Look at the movie: the Tusken DOES have a darker head. I was just hoping for a helmet, not a molded head.

Lastly guys, I just wanted to ask a question about the Slave I. Since it will be released in January, it does not count as a 2014 exclusive, but as a 2015 exclusive. But Lego always releases exclusives in May and August, so is the Slave I just early, or will they do three next year?

Mnnn the pilot does have the rebels printing, the shadow troopers battlepack looks very expanded universe to me, specifically from the "force unleashed" designs.

The UCS appears to be a late 2014 model, maybe the rumored comeback of the UCS millennium Falcon has to do with it

I'm going to disagree that they were intended to be based upon Rebels, the Shadow Troopers I mean. All Rebels sets have the Rebels logo on the bottom left or right corners, that one doesn't. Is it plausible that Shadow Stormtroopers and Guards could appear in Rebels? Yes. But this set is based upon the Force Unleashed. It also seems a little early to see products that will be needed more towards a later season, as these guys protect the Emperor, and I don't think he'll show up in season One.

Well, as for the Slave I, I believe it was intended to be a 2014 UCS set. As LEGO released a Batman UCS set, it delayed this to be a 2015 one. However, if the next one is the Millennium Falcon, then the Slave I was an intended early 2015 set. As in my opinion, they would want to easy up for such a large set. But, if it is not the UCS Falcon, we might get three UCS sets for 2015.

To be honest, if we only get two UCS sets in 2015, I'll be fine with that. Still need to pick up some before they retire. But, imo, if the Falcon rumor is true the Death Star will be GONE!

Edited by Jacob_9821

Tie pilots on that set has rebels printing, just look at his helmet. The shadowtroopers are part of EU not rebels.

Edited by irispen

The TIE pilot's helmet doesn't look quite as "off" as the stormies, tho... the Imp officer may have the same basic printing, but he's in a new color clearly more inspired by Rebels than the fluctuating "greys" of the OT, and he's got those extra black bits the officers harassing the Gotal fruit-seller had on their hats/uniforms.

It is strange that they bothered altering the stormies at all (and the TIE pilot, whose differences I can't even pinpoint since he doesn't look nearly as sad as the stormies), when everything else is basically intended to fit with movie figures... but there's little use complaining now. All we can do is hope that any other OT characters or troopers that appear in Rebels (and Rebels Lego sets) don't wind up with "almost movie but slightly NOT" prints in the future.

And as has been stated several times now, the Shadow Troopers BP is TFU-based. The guards are obvious, but the stormies are also in there. I never encountered them, but then I never finished the game... Hasbro did repaint a couple stormie figures for a Walmart exclusive set with Palpatine, clearly labeled as a TFU set with shadow stormtroopers, a few years ago, and they looked much like these "pearl dark gray" stormies, lighter faces and all.

@scorchfire: Yep, I found 33 droids on bricklink from one store for 47 bucks! I did also like the carrier, but I will wait for it to sell cheaply by itself for 7 bucks on BL!

Well, I knew that the Shadow Stormies were from TFU, but I figured that Lego would release them to promote a Rebels appearance. I mean, why sell guys who barely appear for one level in a video game from 2008?

But, I guess, the same goes for the Azure Angel. Lego must be trying to dig down into the obscure-but-not-that-obscure wells of Star Wars. Hence the T-16, Shadow Troops, and Azure Angel. And you know what? I like this; usually, I love the movies before anything else, but if I got the pick of a Rogue Shadow or ANOTHER X-Wing, I know which I would choose.

@scorchfire: Yep, I found 33 droids on bricklink from one store for 47 bucks! I did also like the carrier, but I will wait for it to sell cheaply by itself for 7 bucks on BL!

yup droids are super cheap, hell some folks from my LUG trade 4 for a random clone trooper, easiest army to build. That makes me wonder if the 50$+ price is going to affect this set as regular droids are really not that popular, if they were another type of battledroid (maybe with backpacks or the dark orange one) maybe it would make sense but producing these minifigs is so cheap and i doubt the new printing on the gungan is worth the paying for a generic and non iconic carrier

Well, I knew that the Shadow Stormies were from TFU, but I figured that Lego would release them to promote a Rebels appearance. I mean, why sell guys who barely appear for one level in a video game from 2008?

But, I guess, the same goes for the Azure Angel. Lego must be trying to dig down into the obscure-but-not-that-obscure wells of Star Wars. Hence the T-16, Shadow Troops, and Azure Angel. And you know what? I like this; usually, I love the movies before anything else, but if I got the pick of a Rogue Shadow or ANOTHER X-Wing, I know which I would choose.

Well you cant compare, from the sales standpoint, another X wing with an obscure starship, the x wing wins by miles (and we migth just get another one for ep VII). But i get your point, enphasising in other starships, AT-something, vehicles and locations brings variety and flavor to the line; with a universe so large as SW there are dozens of vehicles(even in the new canon) that could get the lego treatment. Instead of doig ANOTHER snowspeeder or another sligthly different phase 1 jedi starfigther, seriously we got 10 of both!!, we could get reeditions that are needed like the TIE interceptor, bomber; imperial shuttle, or more old republic stuff(which i am no big fan of, but still would like for variety) or more old EU in general.

thats why I like this new rebels line, it will bring variety as more and more EU/OT stuff is added to the series, bring more imperial corps and alien species and innovative building , hopefully.

I am wondering why this is? Wouldn't it be commercially better to release the sets before Christmas? That's the period when most presents are bought.

The Hobbit sets are released in november, why not Star Wars as well?

Remember that there are 2 waves of SW sets per year, the mid-year sets get promoted for months so all the parents know by Christmas what to get. Then the retailers clear out that stock in time for the new wave to land. If the new sets landed before Christmas there would be too much "old" stuff left behind.

we could get reeditions that are needed like the TIE interceptor, bomber; imperial shuttle, or more old republic stuff(which i am no big fan of, but still would like for variety) or more old EU in general.

thats why I like this new rebels line, it will bring variety as more and more EU/OT stuff is added to the series, bring more imperial corps and alien species and innovative building , hopefully.

Yeah, I got into Lego late, so I never got to pick up any TIE variants, save for the basic Fighter. There are so many opportunities that have never been explored, especially from games; Lego missed out big time on TFU sets (since they did ONLY ONE), Battlefront sets, or even just obscure vehicles from the movies. They tried to expand with TOR, but I just.....could never bring myself to like it.

The movies still have so many potential sets, as do the games and TCW. For the past few years, it's been rehash after rehash, rather than Lego giving us new designs. At least with Rebels, they're starting to expand.

Yeah, I got into Lego late, so I never got to pick up any TIE variants, save for the basic Fighter. There are so many opportunities that have never been explored, especially from games; Lego missed out big time on TFU sets (since they did ONLY ONE), Battlefront sets, or even just obscure vehicles from the movies. They tried to expand with TOR, but I just.....could never bring myself to like it.

The movies still have so many potential sets, as do the games and TCW. For the past few years, it's been rehash after rehash, rather than Lego giving us new designs. At least with Rebels, they're starting to expand.

Yeah, in my case well LEGO sets were always a niche market in my country up until 2003 So only some themes were released in a mayor scale, star wars didn't, so I lost on many great sets until SW became widespread available with the clone wars series.

Rebels will tap on many vehicles both new and old that deserve some recognition. The old Republic sets were decent at best, the Minifigs were the stars of the line. More SW games need the LEGO treatment... the good ones maybe?? battlefront, jedi knigth series