Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2015 Pictures and Rumors

Yeah, it'll be a UCS Lothal Fruit Vendor Stand, they'll charge $400, and it will come with Sabine's Helmet, a proper Zeb weapon, Beru Lars, Shaak Ti, Commander Cody, 4-LOM, Zuckuss, and Cloud City Lando. :angry:

And I would still buy it. :hmpf_bad:

Edited by LN-01354

Personally I like her due to her feisty attitude and badass fighting moves. Judging by the trailer. Plus she seems genuinely a good person. I very much hope we get her helmet and all in the speeder set. At first I was sceptical about rebels and its sets but now I have seen more clips and heard some people who have seen it talk about it it looks very promising indeed.

But her "main weapons", at least from my understanding, are spray paint cans....

I'm pretty worried about how Rebels is going to turn out.

BTW, I noticed that Arealight made a "Sabine" helmet. What do you think-worth it or not? Will TLG's be better?

xctmp6eJz1T.png

Yeah, it'll be a UCS Lothal Fruit Vendor Stand, they'll charge $400, and it will come with Sabine's Helmet, a proper Zeb weapon, Beru Lars, Shaak Ti, Commander Cody, 4-LOM, Zuckuss, and Cloud City Lando. :angry:

And they'll misspell Jogan fruit as "Yogan" fruit in the set description.

Yeah, I know it's just one mistake, but seriously, first they cut out all the canon, and then they don't even research the name of the CGI fruit they're reusing the model of?

But her "main weapons", at least from my understanding, are spray paint cans....

I'm pretty worried about how Rebels is going to turn out.

Don't worry... she'll be using her blasters plenty. Everyone seems bent out of shape over it being "Disney"... as if Disney means "kiddie". Did nobody watch Motorcity or Tron Uprising? If any kiddifying happens in the show itself--not in the marketing--it's likely a decision made by the showrunners. Disney's primarily a home for it and a marketing system; if/when Disney wants "Star Wars Babies!", we'll get "Star Wars Babies!" or an Grumpy Sparrows Star Wars cartoon, not something that looks & feels (comparatively) so close to TCW (which, if you'll recall, had some incredibly kiddie-friendly eps based on some folks reactions, amidst the episodes where clones burn Geonosians alive)

Don't worry... she'll be using her blasters plenty. Everyone seems bent out of shape over it being "Disney"... as if Disney means "kiddie". Did nobody watch Motorcity or Tron Uprising? If any kiddifying happens in the show itself--not in the marketing--it's likely a decision made by the showrunners. Disney's primarily a home for it and a marketing system; if/when Disney wants "Star Wars Babies!", we'll get "Star Wars Babies!" or an Grumpy Sparrows Star Wars cartoon, not something that looks & feels (comparatively) so close to TCW (which, if you'll recall, had some incredibly kiddie-friendly eps based on some folks reactions, amidst the episodes where clones burn Geonosians alive)

Did I misread the character description or does she not supposedly have a certain unhealthy fondness for fire and explosives?

Dont forget Wuher (the bartender in the Cantina), along with an OT stormtrooper

Yes, I think it was mentioned on another forum, and a link was given to us.

I talked to an employee in a German Lego Store, and be said that the Slave I will arrive "soon, in the next weeks".

Dont forget Wuher (the bartender in the Cantina), along with an OT stormtrooper

Oh yeah! Him too, and Ponda Baba. (Is it just me, or is anyone else hoping that this set gets made...... :grin: )

Anyway, I think that Rebels will GET better. For now, it seems too kiddie, but what we've seen is just introducing the characters and the setting. It can't be too dark and serious at this point, otherwise kids won't want to watch it.

But Sabine.......pink Mando armor, multicolored hair, an epic helmet......Lego better not cheap out on us. And you know what? I LIKE her spunky attitude; we never had a character like this. She seems like a very lovable, unique, and memerable character (And she likes to blow things up!). This is one character that I want to learn more about...... :wub: Now Zeb, on the other hand..... :sick:

Also: NO!!!! Slave I is going to be released this year?! Well, then, next year may still prove especially expensive......

But Sabine.......pink Mando armor, multicolored hair, an epic helmet......Lego better not cheap out on us. And you know what? I LIKE her spunky attitude; we never had a character like this. She seems like a very lovable, unique, and memerable character (And she likes to blow things up!). This is one character that I want to learn more about...... :wub: Now Zeb, on the other hand..... :sick:

Nope, never had a character like her before. And you're right, Star Wars is really lacking in lovable, unique, memorable characters that

When you think it over, you wonder why they haven't put any kid-appeal characters in already - there's absolutely no reason why that wouldn't work!

I haven't offered much opinions on Rebels yet or the new 2015 set images but i for one am in love with Rebels, i think it is like marmite , you either love it or you hate it but i think i am in love with this line , the series for lego looks great , i find the characters cool and loveable and they have a great mixture of characteristics , cant wait to see the show , the inquisitor and the general guy whatever his name is looks like a fun battle for these Rebels and i genuinely hope this theme goes on for a long time before it finishes.

Nope, never had a character like her before. And you're right, Star Wars is really lacking in lovable, unique, memorable characters that

When you think it over, you wonder why they haven't put any kid-appeal characters in already - there's absolutely no reason why that wouldn't work!

I meant that we have never had a spunky, artistic character. Unique, memorable, lovable, and destructive were additional words that I didn't mean to sound like ONLY SHE had those traits.

Also, Ahsoka isn't any of those words.

He broke up your list of characteristics, which have never been combined into a single character, and chose a bunch of characters that each had one individual trait from the list. Ahsoka seems to represent colorful hair...

Which of course ignores the entire point of your post by being pedantic and nit-picky, in the typical SW fanboy fashion.

:P :roll

Edited by rollermonkey

But is she in the set. I can't see her name on the box.

You're not looking close enough. Even in the highest-res versions we saw, it wasn't crisp, but it was clear enough to tell the red figure had a two-word name, first starting with S, second looking to be about 4 characters in length. That adds up to Sabine Wren.

Also, Ahsoka isn't any of those words.

Well, that's matter of opinion, I, for one, loved Ahsoka Tano and think that whatever Disney throws at us will come nowhere close to having such an engaging character. I agree she was slightly annoying in the movie, but once she grew up a little...

ahsokabadass.jpg

I'm not entirely sure why everyone is obsecsed as to wether Rebels will be too "kiddie". The biggest reason that the look and feel of the show is based heavily on OT concepts, and is almost entirely based on Ralph McQuarrie art. If you get down to the brass tacks of it, this is Disney screaming "Hey, we get it! Please, watch our show, fanboys, and then buy our products." This is the chance for poor old shlubs like me to relive my childhood, while still getting new content that can draw in the current generation. It's also a huge tie in to episode VII. The first novel, A New Dawn, was so good I couldn't put it down. To be honest... I've almost feel the same giddiness of anticipation waiting for it to premiere as for episode III.

With that said, I'll be getting all the new sets, but, the TIE advanced prototype and the AT/DP hold my attention the best:). (As a side note, waiting to get the Ghost/Phantom combo from TRU on Premiere night of Rebels... Like Christmas Day!). I'm looking forward to seeing the direction Rebels takes, but will be doing so with my... Daughters, and that, is something money can't buy. As always, this winter line looks fine, so it'll get my dime all the time... And yes, simply love the rebels stormies! Might not go with my Emperors arrival diorama, but will have to be displayed taking down those rebel scum:). Or maybe, old Palin Jax might finely pulled back... To the good side...

^^It isn't McQuarrie Concept Art. It's his art that has been twisted and altered by Disney. Yes, they are close, but I just can't see a lot of them as being reminiscent of his concept art.

And I know Disney is trying, and that this is primarily a kids show, but Disney KNOWS that there is a 15+ population out there that loves Star Wars.

Examples of the kiddie nature of Rebels: dialogue, Zeb, the fat Imperial, the 14-year-old main character (younger than Luke!!), awkward humor (Kanan tosses a bomb at a Stormie, who CATCHES IT?!), the wierd voices, the Sabine clip........

However, so people don't put words in my mouth, there are great things: the Inquisitor, the kind-of-McQuarrie art, the OT setting, the EPIC PINK FEMALE MANDALORIAN ARTIST, but that's it really.

It's not Disney. You know that it's mostly TCW folks running this show, right? Not Disney. They're not the ones saying "we need a young teen protagonist" <coughAHSOKAcough>, they're not the ones saying "make it kiddie", etc. All we've seen are clips and non-episode shorts. And Ezra isn't younger than Luke, from a certain point of view... If he were the age in Rebels that Luke was in ANH, that'd mean he'd have been a 5-year-old probably already in the Jedi Order, not a baby who hadn't been found by the Jedi yet before Order 66 happened.

And we all need to quit labeling everything in the show as "McQuarrie". Much of it is, but plenty of other elements draw from other concept artists of the OT... Not to mention all the new stuff the design team will dream up for the show

Edited by Venkefedo

^Disney makes the marketing decisions. Disney makes the show decisions, including the basic direction and feel.

Ahsoka was really......lame. She got better in later seasons, but her design was goofy, her voice was childish, and her feats were not plausible.

And they REALLY couldn't say "Hey, he was just on this backwater planet, so the Jedi never discovered his potential."? They had to say, "Hey look kids, he is only a few years older than you! Look what you can do in a few years!"

He broke up your list of characteristics, which have never been combined into a single character, and chose a bunch of characters that each had one individual trait from the list. Ahsoka seems to represent colorful hair...

Actually, all of the characters I listed had two or more individual traits from the list. I'll finish this post when I have a chance, but for the moment:

Ahsoka not only blows things up, but she

Which of course ignores the entire point of your post by being pedantic and nit-picky, in the typical SW fanboy fashion.

Well, that's

So I was looking at the first post and I noticed that Agent Kallus is nowhere to be found in the lists of included minifigures. Surely he'll be included in the AT-DP... That would be a huge missed opportunity.

Edited by montyofmusic