Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2015 Pictures and Rumors

Also, wanted to point out that even though the ITT has the rebels logo on it, does not mean it's a rebels set, for example, look at the prelim for the tie advanced prototype. No logo there, but it is clearly a rebels set.

true enough, but I think it's much more likely that they missed adding a logo rather than putting one in the wrong set. Just my opinion though.

true enough, but I think it's much more likely that they missed adding a logo rather than putting one in the wrong set. Just my opinion though.

Or they could have used the wrong template.

Posted Today, 06:25 PM

I agree, but it seems everyone is pretty sure the ITT is Rebels based, which is a shame :(

On another note, I must say the Custom Starfighter brings back memories of watching the Clone Wars ten years ago-gah, I feel old!

When I feel old, I got buy more Lego. Best cure ever until you don't have any sets left to build. Then you go out to buy some more...

Prelims are prelims.

Until the sets are revealed everything can still change! Lets hope for the best!

Also, wanted to point out that even though the ITT has the rebels logo on it, does not mean it's a rebels set, for example, look at the prelim for the tie advanced prototype. No logo there, but it is clearly a rebels set.

I would bet serious money that this set will be from Rebels. They had a Battle Pack for the Clones in the winter wave after the film, why would they not do the same with Rebels.

One thing that I noticed was how different these prelims look compared to prelims of the past. These images are predominantly digital, rather than real LEGO. It just seems weird.

One thing that I noticed was how different these prelims look compared to prelims of the past. These images are predominantly digital, rather than real LEGO. It just seems weird.

Next year we'll have hover-car conversions, self-lacing shoes, and functional hoverboards by Mattel. The march of progress!

Edited by Venkefedo

Wow....the Azure Angel is just amazing! I never thought we would get a set based on the original( and IMO the best version) of the Clone Wars. If it sells well, I wonder if it opens the floodgates for more sets from the micro-series like the Munninlinst 10 Gunship with the rancor art. (Fanboy scream!)

So, does anyone know when the UCS Slave I will be released? I hope next year.......I still need to pick up some from this year!

Also, has there been any word of the exclusives? I doubt Cloud City at this point, so what will it be?

To the first, October...or November...or January 1st.

To the second, no... same as yesterday, and the day before that, and the day before that....

It's like they got lazy this year, because they thought no one would get to see them this time, what with their tightened up security (until just recently).

So, does anyone know when the UCS Slave I will be released? I hope next year.......I still need to pick up some from this year!

I recall someone saying early January 2015.

^Ugh; I was hoping for May 2015.

And Lego really thought that no one would see the prelims? Seriously? We saw every prelim for every theme, even the hush-hush-tight-under-wraps Bionicle Reboot. Man, they need to try harder!

*Wouldn't that be interesting, though; not knowing what sets will be released until you see them in the store? How strange that would be....

*Wouldn't that be interesting, though; not knowing what sets will be released until you see them in the store? How strange that would be....

No more interesting than when we were kids. But, then again, those were good days, back before we knew how ridiculous the creations we built were, back when we could play with LEGO as if it was LEGO and not some delicate thing we were afraid of scratching*.

*And as I write this, I realize just how much I should probably get back to playing with LEGO as if it were LEGO. But then again, I really would hate to run the risk of scratching bricks...Round and round, my friends, round and round.

^Scratching? That is what you're worried about? I worry about getting finger-oils or dust on my figs. Dust. DUST!!

But I think that is how it should be: don't know what is coming out, until Lego wants us too. When you go into Target in 2015, and you see a new set, you can be surprised and decide then and there if it is good. I will try to do that with Star Wars VII: I won't watch trailers, or read spoilers, or anything.

*Yes, I know I am a huge hypocrite; but I said that is how it SHOULD be. Every wave, I vow to ignore all prelims, but they are too tempting.

I recall someone saying early January 2015.

Yes, I think it was mentioned on another forum, and a link was given to us.

I seriously hope LEGO will replace one of the shadow guards with a shadow scout trooper; that fig has been re-re-released by Kenner/Hasbro, and there isn't even one by LEGO

Q: why don't you make it yourself?

A: HJR + paint = drama

I seriously hope LEGO will replace one of the shadow guards with a shadow scout trooper; that fig has been re-re-released by Kenner/Hasbro, and there isn't even one by LEGO

Q: why don't you make it yourself?

A: HJR + paint = drama

No I need them shadow gaurds so I can make some custom characters from the "Crimson Empire" graphic novels :tongue:

Although an official Connor Jax figure would be amazing!

Between the TIE logo snafu, and the odd name of what seems to be a regular ol' stormtrooper in the AT-DP set, I don't think we can clearly say anything one way or another...

...except that the Shadow Troopers aren't sporting Gandalf's torso :grin: Those are clearly ninja torsos!

Ha... Whoops... I'd only just stripped a Gandalf figure for parts and realised I'd not actually seen much of the torso due to his beard and it was in my head when I saw that pic and I'd have sworn it was the same... which it obviously isn't! Ninja's it is!!

Wes Janson's helmet was actually on a pilot that was killed in the Death Star trench run in ANH although it was meant to be Red Ten (but clearly wasn't) so he's kind of been assigned Red Twelve by the online community.

If it is Janson then we're actually only really missing Red Leader (Garven Dreis) and Red Four (John D Branon) in Lego form. The helmets for Biggs and Wedge were originally pretty good anyway and the Skywalker/Porkins//Nett/Plain Blue Rebel Logo helmets make up the rest of Red Squadron in ANH.

The blast helmet used by Luke in training on the Falcon (which was a plain one in 7965) was actually used by a female pilot in the Death Star attack in ROTJ... but seeing as it's not got the insignia on it we can't really make her.

Also, you can see the blast helmet used by Luke on Empire Strikes Back, a pilot during Echo Base's evacuation, when everybody is celebrating that the first transport is away.

Red Leader helmet appears during snowspeeders scramble, Gold Leader, Porkins, Tiree and John D's helmet also appears on ESB.

I hope in the future of microfighters, Y-Wing with Tiree then you can have a Snowspeeder Pilots and his gunner (generic helmet blue insignia). Sorry but I am fan of Battle of Hoth Pilots :blush:

Tiree's helmet and Generic Helmet - Blue Insignia for another Rogue.

Snowspeeder.jpg

Compiled all of the prelims here, Ctrl + F Star Wars

Hope this helps!

-Sci

Umm, sorry but they're not showing up. Says they're deleted. Is there any other ways to view the prelims?

EDIT: Found a gallery linked from hothbricks: http://imgur.com/a/EhwGw#0

That AAT is TINY, but I'm looking forward to the non prelim pictures of the ITT and Shadowtroopers.

Edited by Lord Tyrus

Sort of. It's based on earlier concept art for the Empire AT-ST, which does look more similar to the AT-AT than the final AT-ST design, with the head design whose sides taper towards the top rather than towards the bottom, and the single slit cockpit window rather than two trapezoidal windows. (pg. 52. sketch #3, if you have The Art of The Empire Strikes Back)

Cool, thanks for the info, Doc.

I'll have to check my library for the artwork.

We just got the Azure Angel after waiting for so long, lets just be happy about that and maybe in de future a Xs light freighter may turn up, its not completely impossible!! :grin:

We just got the Azure Angel after waiting for so long, lets just be happy about that and maybe in de future a Xs light freighter may turn up, its not completely impossible!! :grin:

D5 Mantis is a better craft ;P

Seeing all the picture in clearer quality has made very excited. I know things are still preliminary but now we have a good idea of how the sets will look. With that said, the majority of the sets look like the builds are basic. I'm having a hard time thinking of how to explain it but something seems off.