Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2015 Pictures and Rumors

I noticed from the newest pictures that the Geonosian Troopers set has a Stormtrooper on the side of its box, so I'm thinking it's going to be a Rebels based set. The only sets I plan on buying at this point is the Hailfire Droid and Imperial Troop Transport.

It's nice that we're getting the inquisitor, and the battlepacks and T-16 look pretty nice too. I'm hoping that's Sabine in the speeder, though it doesn't make sense why she'd be shooting at Ezra. :look: I didn't expect ever getting another Ventress figure in anything. Hopefully she has some form of a new print somewhere.

I noticed from the newest pictures that the Geonosian Troopers set has a Stormtrooper on the side of its box, so I'm thinking it's going to be a Rebels based set. The only sets I plan on buying at this point is the Hailfire Droid and Imperial Troop Transport.

Everything except the microfighters are using the Stormtrooper packaging. Even the non-Rebels sets like the AAT. :classic:

It's nice that we're getting the inquisitor, and the battlepacks and T-16 look pretty nice too. I'm hoping that's Sabine in the speeder, though it doesn't make sense why she'd be shooting at Ezra. :look: I didn't expect ever getting another Ventress figure in anything. Hopefully she has some form of a new print somewhere.

She's not shooting at Ezra, she's shooting at the stormie's bike!

Noticed the Inquisitor has a helmet on (Ultra Agents' Tremor's helmet, obviously a stand-in). I've only seen it in Toy Fair pics of a Hasbro figure so far, but neat that they're including it!

Kinda disappointed at the T-16 set; only one Tusken, and what seems another generic T-16 pilot (likely much nicer than the old one). Seems a missed opportunity to throw in an Anchorhead Biggs, if not as the pilot then as an additional figure. Not terribly crazy about the brick-built gaffi stick so far, either.

Edited by Venkefedo

She's not shooting at Ezra, she's shooting at the stormie's bike!

Yup, that's right. I just quickly glanced over it while looking at the other sets in the theme. :blush:

Probably just wishful thinking, but it'd be nice if the inquisitor had a special hilt like Ventress and Dooku.

Okay, here we go; some notes:

1) Yes! Sabine is in Ezra's Speeder. You can make out the name faintly.

2) Geonosis Troops......I actually like. :P

3) I really like Anakin's Custom, but the price is still too much.

4) Hailfire Droid comes with a Clone Lieutenant (I can barely see the word.)

5) AT-DP is a pass; not interesting figs.

6) TIE Advanced does have the Inquisitor, but is still a pass.

7) T-16 says "Skyhopper Pilot", so no Biggs. But we do get an interceptor wing in clear. : )

8) I like the AAT, but it is still low on the list.

9) Shadow Troops=instant buy x10.

10) Please let the ITT have regular Stormies......

11) I love all of the microfighters. Also, the Snowspeeder says Snowspeeder Pilot. : (

Sabine is presumably included in the speeders pack because in the first 7 minutes of poorly written fan fiction the pilot episode, she jumps down onto the back of the speeder bike Ezra stole.

Edited by Lind Whisperer

Anakin's Custom JSF looks great! The fact that it comes with Asajj Ventress is a nice bonus. But how in the world is that a $50 set?!

The TIE Advanced Prototype looks good as well, but again, $50?! Nice to see the Inquisitor confirmed as being included in it, though that was pretty much a given.

Edited by Lockon Stratos

Couple of things - for one, that AAT seems tiny. Is it just me?

Also, the Hailfire says it has a Clone Lieutenant in it. Would that be the same one as we got in that promo? That's kind of a shame, if so.

If the ARC-170 has a Clone Pilot, why are they using a Rebel Pilot as a stand-in? There's dozens of clones they could have used...

I'm the least nitpicky SW guy, and even I find that weird.

AAT is 16 studs wide and @ 18 long... 8 or 9 bricks tall. That is pretty dinky. Shame. JJB looks like he's getting a new print. Yay?

Should be two of those clear interceptor wings, in the Skyhopper, one on each side.

Really don't get what's going on with the TIE-Advanced Prototype. 10 or 12 studs long? That big dish on front though... Trans-smoke? Printed? Really need to get that right, or it's going to look terrible.

AT-DP is looking better than I thought. It's moved up to a maybe. :)

Good to know that Sabine is coming, it was odd she wasn't included in the first pair of Rebels sets. Horrible placeholder, though. lol

Last question: Ventress is tearing up Anakin's Starfighter... Visible damage in a LEGO image? Isn't that unheard of?

Edited by rollermonkey

Anakin's Custom JSF looks great! The fact that it comes with Asajj Ventress is a nice bonus. But how in the world is that a $50 set?!

The TIE Advanced Prototype looks good as well, but again, $50?! Nice to see the Inquisitor confirmed as being included in it, though that was pretty much a given.

Yeah, I know. They are really pushing the prices, so I won't get them. Same with the AT-DP.

Couple of things - for one, that AAT seems tiny. Is it just me?

Also, the Hailfire says it has a Clone Lieutenant in it. Would that be the same one as we got in that promo? That's kind of a shame, if so.

The AAT is tiny, almost Chibi, but it still looks nice. And I would love for it to be the same Lieutenant*, as i never got to pick one up......

*Also, that is the hardest word to spell.

TIE Advanced. Look at the right side of the minifig label; it says, "The Inquisitor".

I noticed from the newest pictures that the Geonosian Troopers set has a Stormtrooper on the side of its box, so I'm thinking it's going to be a Rebels based set.

I think I get what you mean: the minifig, 1:1 Label on the box features a Stormie design, not a clone. Interesting.....

Last question: Ventress is tearing up Anakin's Starfighter... Visible damage in a LEGO image? Isn't that unheard of?

I noticed that as well! I guess they had to put Ventress somewhere in the image, but it's nice to see.

Yeah, I know. They are really pushing the prices, so I won't get them. Same with the AT-DP.

I really want the JSF, so I'll probably wait for a sale to get it. The TIE, while nice, might have to be a pass for me. Lego is really upping its game across all themes next year!

Edited by Lockon Stratos

This year's T-47, the '07 Echo Base, and the '13 Battle of Hoth all included Luke as the pilot of a grey-trimmed Snowspeeder, while the Wampa Cave set which included Zev as pilot had an orange-trimmed Snowspeeder. TLG's designers appear aware of the fact that Luke's speeder was trimmed grey.

Oh, sorry, I was referring to 7130/ 7500

Edited by Blackice200

On a side note, I just wanted to point out the fact that the 1:1 minifigure is just as much a prelim as the box art is, just look at the senate commandos.

Did this year's boxes have the Disney logo on them? I don't even remember.

Nope, Disney Free.

^Well, Ghost and Phantom did, since they are Disney-specific. (Sadly......)

Also, did anyone notice that Geo Troops and Senate Commandos have an "FPO" on the boxes? It is right over the multi-shooter label, so I guess that could be it, or does it mean that Geo Troops has been canceled? (I only say that since SC has been canceled.)

Two things:

I just realized the T-16 Skyhopper comes with the Eta wings in Trans Clear - those could be used for an incredible roof!

Also, look at the black-garbed Imperial leader in the AT=DP. He's carrying the same gunsaber as Purple Wookie Reject Guy!

The Azure Angel? :drool: Never thought we would get that. A must buy for me and my personal favorite Delta JSF.

I think the JSF and the Tie advance prototype will be 39.99$/euro and 29.99 in the USA ( like the snowspeeder this year) If not that is a ridiculous price upgrade because theses aren't 50$ sets. I would definitely NOT pay 50$ + tax for a starfighter and 3 minifigs.

This year Anakin's Interceptor had 223 pieces and 2 minifigs for 29.99$/euro

Saesee Tin's Interceptor had 244 but 3 minifigs for 39,99$/euro

So this winter starfighter (50$) must be at least 300+ pieces knowing it has 3 minis ( same thing for the tie advance prototype)

If not it is a total rip off because there hasn't been a 25% inflation since 2012...

Edit: price in Canada are the same as in Europe but in CAD $ ( and since our currency isn't strong we don't feel too riped off)

Edited by duboismerci

Well I've been out for a while so I apologize in advance if you guys have already discussed what I'm about to ask.

1. That AAT is rather tiny, looks like they couldn't decide on making it a microfighter or a system set, so they went with both.

2. Why are they making a CW set in a time like this? I'm not mad about it, in fact, I'm really glad they made a CW set from the original Clone Wars series and not from the CGI one, but still it's rather anomalous that they chose to make a CW set at a time where should be releasing a lot of Rebels sets followed by episode 7 sets.

Glad to see Microfighters are returning and in top form. These look to be great improvements over the first wave's offerings.