Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2015 Pictures and Rumors

About the 'Geonosis Troopers', I don't think the final product will have Phase II clones.

If you look closely, there's an AT-RT with orange markings, so that'd suggest it's from the 212th legion, like the ones in TCW.

The Clones are probably just placeholders for now, it are the only camo clones they got, and they look like they've just been quickly edited for the correct colour scheme.

Where dir you get the "rumoured Big Death Star playset" from?

I Never heard of it?!

Greetings. Hendrik

apparently an employee at a Lego store mentioned to a person on the forums here that they were expecting a large display for January and it was "death star sized" very vague and full of hearsay. so take it or leave it that's where things started from.

Those clones are probably the real thing plus I really want to see the clone in the hail fire set.

Edited by ChiefPie

Where dir you get the "rumoured Big Death Star playset" from?

I Never heard of it?!

Greetings. Hendrik

Some employee told a memeber here we could excpect a "Death Star" sized set in January. Whether this is true or not, we don't know. The employee could have been exaggerating or simply mistaken. Still, whatever the set is I'm looking forward to anyway.

About the 'Geonosis Troopers', I don't think the final product will have Phase II clones.

If you look closely, there's an AT-RT with orange markings, so that'd suggest it's from the 212th legion, like the ones in TCW.

The Clones are probably just placeholders for now, it are the only camo clones they got, and they look like they've just been quickly edited for the correct colour scheme.

I hope so!

How do we know that the Senate Troopers BP is cancelled?

Hulk_Smash said so. Again, I hope this is wrong, because the Senate Guard is my favourite Star Wars unit.

Oh, ok. But don't you think that if it's in the catalog that it must still be coming out? Also do you guys think that the Shadowtroopers BP is a preview set for Ep 7? They did that with the CW sets, with Analin's Jedi Starfighter coming out in the winter wave and when the film came out the rest of the CW sets were released.

Oh, ok. But don't you think that if it's in the catalog that it must still be coming out?

These are just preliminary pics. Perhaps Lego had planned to release it, but for reason or another didn't. I hope I'm wrong though.

lol. Checkmate.

I knew this cover existed...heck, I've pre ordered this book when it was announced....completely slipped my mind. I'm getting old.

Some employee told a memeber here we could excpect a "Death Star" sized set in January. Whether this is true or not, we don't know. The employee could have been exaggerating or simply mistaken. Still, whatever the set is I'm looking forward to anyway.

A "Death Star sized Set" is something completely different than a "Death Star Set".

It just meant, there will be a Set as Big as the 10188 is.

So it could be everything, just as big as the actual Death Star Playset (and hopefully it is NOT another Death Star...).

Greetings. Hendrik

A "Death Star sized Set" is something completely different than a "Death Star Set".

It just meant, there will be a Set as Big as the 10188 is.

So it could be everything, just as big as the actual Death Star Playset (and hopefully it is NOT another Death Star...).

Greetings. Hendrik

Yeah, "Death Star-sized," 3000-5000 pieces, release January 2015 is all we've heard about it for now.

lol. Checkmate.

I knew this cover existed...heck, I've pre ordered this book when it was announced....completely slipped my mind. I'm getting old.

:laugh:

Now is it okay to complain if/when future REBELS sets still have stylized stormies from the Ghost set instead of OT-style as they should be? :tongue: Just seems silly to have (so far) everyone else able to blend in with movie figures, while the stormtroopers will stick out (at least a little)... sorta the opposite of TCW figures in a way (where only the troopers--and a handful of nonhumans--blended in with movie figures)

I honestly don't really care if the Troops are stylized like the Rebels ones ore like the OT ones. Lets be honest other than BPs there aren't that many sets from the films that Lego could put Stormies in. In ANH they were only in the Death Star and Tantive IV, no sets under $50 there. In ESB they were in the Super Stardestroyer and Cloud City, the only chance of a set under $50 would be small parts of Cloud City. And with RotJ the only place that they were in was Endor and the Death Star II, a set less than $50 could only be a set from Endor but I don't see them going back there for a while after the Ewak Vilage. So as you can see there really isn't any sets for them to put them in that would be less than $50 unless they were to put them in every set that was for the empire or make more BPs. So it is only natural that they would make more Rebels Stormies because that's what the show is all about.

I'm not big into PT sets, but I was actually looking forward to seeing the AAT from this wave. However, I'm disappointed with the size. Like others have said, it looks like a slightly larger version of the micro fighters AAT.

The more I look at the AT-DP, the T-16, and the IIT (I, too, am hoping for OT Stormies), the more I'm impressed. I am really looking forward to this wave.

Huh? It has the new round pieces, not the small ones on the MF... It looks like it should be almost as wide as the UCS Slave I.

Never mind. I just looked at the Slave I again, and you're right, the AAT won't be very large. Shame, that seems to be a general trend, sets are getting smaller and prices are going up.

Edited by rollermonkey

Is this a official disney (or whatever) proved comic book? If not this proves nothing.

Yep. It's a new book and the pic is from SW Insider

Is this a official disney (or whatever) proved comic book? If not this proves nothing.

Also, it's not a comic book. "A New Dawn" is the first of the new "all-canon, all the time" Expanded Universe novels. From this book on, every SW novel (barring young-reader type stuff, I imagine) is canon; likewise with the upcoming Marvel SW comics, I think.

The only other recent publication that might sneak into the new canon is Dark Horse's "Darth Maul: Son of Dathomir" mini, as it was based on un-produced story ideas for TCW (un-produced because the show was prematurely canceled, not because the scripts were rejected).

I honestly don't really care if the Troops are stylized like the Rebels ones ore like the OT ones. Lets be honest other than BPs there aren't that many sets from the films that Lego could put Stormies in. In ANH they were only in the Death Star and Tantive IV, no sets under $50 there. In ESB they were in the Super Stardestroyer and Cloud City, the only chance of a set under $50 would be small parts of Cloud City. And with RotJ the only place that they were in was Endor and the Death Star II, a set less than $50 could only be a set from Endor but I don't see them going back there for a while after the Ewak Vilage. So as you can see there really isn't any sets for them to put them in that would be less than $50 unless they were to put them in every set that was for the empire or make more BPs. So it is only natural that they would make more Rebels Stormies because that's what the show is all about.

Careful there...sounds like you're arguing that we should hardly get any stormtroopers at all, ever, outside of large sets or BPs! That's just crazy-talk! :wacko:

Edited by Venkefedo

Oh......I know that this was stated a while back, but I didn't know that Cloud City isn't even a real rumor right now. That is actually great......it'll alleviate the stress on my wallet!

I am almost 100% sure that the exclusive will be ROTS based, since next year it the decade anniversary. They can't just......ignore it completely; can they?

I am almost 100% sure that the exclusive will be ROTS based, since next year it the decade anniversary. They can't just......ignore it completely; can they?

They might, considering most sets from the early part of this year were ROTS-based.

Oh, that makes sense why they did the wave this year: they had to make way for Rebels! So does that mean that Rebels will get a huge summer wave, to make way for an Episode VII based winter 2016?

(We are thinking so far into the future....too far.)

I like your optimism but most large Star Wars d2c sets are from the OT, and I say most because of that one year where they did the clone wars set with the at-ot

Careful there...sounds like you're arguing that we should hardly get any stormtroopers at all, ever, outside of large sets or BPs! That's just crazy-talk! :wacko:

I am just saying that there are not that many sets that Lego could put them in except those that I mentioned. The only other sets they could do would be all the different TIE fighters and put one or two in each. As well as the few land vehicles that were in the films.

It's true that a lot of the iconic scenes of the originals feature imperial troopers different from the regular stormtrooper. All those neat scenes on Tatooine require sandtroopers, the bazillion Hoth scenes made in LEGO all feature snowtroopers, and even Endor where the stormtroopers were very numerous is usually getting the short end of the stick on stormtroopers because they also have to include scout troopers in there.

I guess the only set beside those mentionned above (Tantive IV, Cloud City and Death Star) where a lot of stormtroopers could be featured would be the Emperor's Arrival at the Death Star II, but then again they'd also have to include some royal guards, imperial officers so that too would hurt the number of troopers.

Battle-packs seem to be the only good way to go then.