Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2015 Pictures and Rumors

Here we go:

1) T-16 looks incredible. And for $25, it is an instant buy.

2) The AAT, though a bit small, looks pretty nice. I may buy it if I have some extra cash.

3) The ITT is incredibly small, but still pretty nice. I will still buy it, even if they are Rebels style.

4) Shadow Troopers=shut up and take my money.

5) Geonosis Troopers is a maybe.....depends on how good they look, and how the AT-RT is.

6) The AT-DP is pretty nice, and I may buy it. But it is the same price as the AT-AP this year, and it looks smaller.

7) Ezra's SB is a pass. The bikes are nice, and I may MOC a few, but it doesn't have enough to offer for the price.

8) TIE Advanced is a pass; it looks like they took a TIE cockpit and bent the wings a bit. It has nothing to offer.

9) The microfighters.....I actually like. This year, the figs were boring and the builds were lame, but I actually like all of these, at least for the parts. (And the ATAT and LAAT are adorable!!)

10) Hailfire I cannot see.

11) Anakin's Custom is a pass, only because of the price tag.

Overall, I will definitely be spending at least $55 on this wave: T-16, the ITT and Shadow Troops, though I may get the AT-DP (maybe) and the AAT. Now, some notes:

1) Anakin's Custom Starfighter comes with a new minifig--microseries Anakin?

2) AT-DP features the new drivers.

3) The fig in Ezra's Speeder has normal legs, so no Ugnaught; however, it may be Sabine.

4) Yay! Look at the AAT: the Battle Droids feature a new, bent arm (like the newer skeletons)! That is what i was waiting for!!

5) Shadow Troops are on Mustafar, so will it appear in Rebels?

6) The Hailfire comes with either a Stormie or a Phase II clone.......I find that odd.

Overall, this may be a pretty good wave.

Edited by LN-01354

So the Jedi Starfighter is from the Micro Series? What?!?!?! And is it just me or do the Geonosis Troops have the film printing instead of the CW Clone Trooper style?

Edited by Galactic13

Yeah, it is a great deal. I may get two!!

^^The Geonosis Troops do look like they have movie prints. In fact, they just look like brown/red Kashyyyk troops, so these are likely unfinished.

And it is not 100% confirmed that Anakin's starfighter will be microseries......just 99% confirmed. I would like to see how they handle the Microseries print on Anakin, and this thing had better be big, because it is $50!!!

Question.....why is the Skyhopper have wing mounted missiles.......it's weapons are pneumatic cannons mounted on the sides of the cockpit and right underneath is it's heavy duty laser cannon....much lower than the one featured in the set ?

^They are only trying to add playability, but they don't even look secure. That's good, since they can be taken right off. But now that you bring attention to the wings.....they look so thin! Only one plate wide!

Also, I just noticed how the windshield is done: it uses a Jedi Interceptor wing! Now THAT is creative!

Edited by LN-01354

The Rebel sets are definitely the highlights but I'm not sure I'm going to pick many of them up until I've seen enough of the show. Army builders are nice but nothing I want to stock up on. Wish we could see more of Anakin's Starfighter and the Hailfire Droid.

The T-16 is a nice improvement and its nice to finally have a Tusken Raider again (although two would've been better). The AAT is the biggest disapointment of the wave for me. The whole set is ridiculously tiny, even for its price tag. It looks to be even worse value than the Phantom. The lack of new characters is also a sore point.

Overall a pretty underwelming wave. There's a couple of nice sets but I don't think I'll be spending too much next year. The complete absense of female characters is also pretty disapointing. After this year's poor line up, I hope this isn't going to become a trend in the Star Wars line.

Two speeder bikes and 3 figures does seem pretty small for a $27-ish set...

That Anakin fighter is mind-boggling. The Microseries, really? I guess someone at TLG must have really, really wanted to make it, and got the OK from Lucasfilm... I hope they'll push that hard for Grand Admiral Thrawn/Mara Jade set, a Kyle Katarn set, and a Zayne Carrick KOTOR set of some sort! :laugh:

I like the new bent-arm-blaster-holding BD droid arms. Finally! Not a big fan of the BDs, but this is a welcome change from the straight-arm "Kenner Stormtrooper" look when holding weapons (still doesn't mean I want TWO of them stinking up 1/3 of the 2015 Microfighters assortment, tho)

Speaking of which...

Vulture Droid: You do realize, LEGO and Disney, that kids do realize that the droids are sentiment by themselves, and don't need a pilot?

Everyone realizes that, but what else do you expect them to do? Microfighters need pilots. Sets need minifigures. As adorable as a cute, self-piloting chibi Vulture would be, for $10 I better see at least one minifigure in there. I just wish it was the Neimoidian Warrior instead of a BD.

Too many 'prelims' in the others to really make sound judgements. Shame the Senate Commando set was canned, tho I'd only have been interested if it was commandos like in the Cad Bane's Speeder set, not the blue guys from Jek-14's E-wing set. Hopefully the ITT will have OT Stormies (hopefully the latest & greatest)... I'd rather the Ghost's stormie be a one-off stylized one, left alone along with the black-haired/goateed Kanan as special little snowflakes never to be seen again. Nobody else in the Rebels line features stylization like the stormie, so they should just be OT-style to better blend. If Rebels was treated like Clone Wars, and everyone had that stylization, I'd be fine with it.

Disappointed the 'womp rat' in the T-16 set appears--for now--to just be a regular Lego rat, but really...nose to tail, they're about as long as a minifigure is tall, and '2 meters' is about as tall as many people (unless they're a little short for a stormtrooper... or that short stormtrooper's much-shorter sister)

Hopefully the red-garbed stand-in in the Ezra set is Sabine--equally hopeful she'll have her helmet as well, and pistols more like Jango's (in dark bley, perhaps?) rather than a single Small Pistol, or maybe a couple DC-17s (seriously, Lego, dust off the DC-17 mold and use it! Not everyone in SW needs scopes on their blasters!)

Edited by Venkefedo

I quite like the sets as shown, interested to see final images they look quite good in the design/concept phase. Like that there's a tuskan, hopefully the set comes with more than one!

^^Don't forget a minifig scale Ebon Hawk!

Seriously, that ship to scale is the size of the last two Millennium Falcons. And it wouldn't even need any fancy molds for the cockpit either.

Edited by Lind Whisperer

The T-16 will be approximately $25-$30 in the US. And I think that it is a great deal. Also, the AAT will be worth it for the new battle droids, and those delicious new slopes in tan. I will probably buy it, then part it out. (Which is really rare for me to do.)

^^^Yeah, someone must have really, really liked the Microseries. It is such an odd choice.......

Why does everybody think Anakin's Starfighter is a micro-set? It costs 50 EUR and comes with multiple new minifigs (note it say "neue Minifiguren" as opposed to "neue Minifigur") - that can't be a microfighter, can it? Or am I missing something? Sorry, I am a bit confused.

Edited by Flieger

Why does everybody think Anakin's Starfighter is a micro-set? It costs 50 EUR and comes with multiple new minifigs (note it say "neue Minifiguren" as opposed to "neue Minifigur") - that can't be a microfighter, can it? Or am I missing something? Sorry, I am a bit confused.

I think that they mean it is is from the animated TV series, not a microfighter. Personally, I'm looking forward to seeing it in a better image. Otherwise, I'll probably only be picking up the AT-DP, Tie Advanced, and the battle packs. I really can't express how excited I am for the shadow troopers. Perfection. And the red clones look nice, especially the AT-RT. I really want OT stormies, but I'll take rebels ones, mainly for the vehicle at that point. The skyhopper is very disappointing to me. The design looks ok in some places, and terrible in others. I'm probably just spoiled with RenagadeClone's version... I'll probably pick up the micro fighters solely for the figs, assuming they're good. The hailfire droid is in the same boat as Anakin's fighter, but I'll probably end up getting it too.

I think that they mean it is is from the animated TV series, not a microfighter.

Oh, d'oh, my bad. Thanks for clearing that up! :blush:

Looks like I'll be busy in Jan/Feb whenever these hit.

"Micro series" isn't a reference to the microfighters Lego sets, but to the cartoon (2D non CGI) Clone Wars TV series. The one where Mace Windu punched a whole army of droids in one hit.

Ninja'd by you... haha

Edited by Artanis I

:laugh:

Yeah, I have almost forgotten that show, although it had some pretty good story telling. Except the Mace Windu Dragonball scenes...

6) The Hailfire comes with either a Stormie or a Phase II clone.......I find that odd.

If we are getting the star fighter from the micro series, than the hailfire could be from it as well. It would explain the p2 clone.

Edited by Blackice200

:laugh:

Yeah, I have almost forgotten that show, although it had some pretty good story telling. Except the Mace Windu Dragonball scenes...

That Mace episode was amazing... but totally over-the-top for Star Wars (much of the action of the Microseries, sadly, was like that... but holy crap were there some fun action sequences in that! I still love the battle on top of the train... some great choreography between the Jedi and the droids/Grievous, and the ARC troopers in the first 'season' were terrific.

Neither the Hailfire Droid or the AAT have the "New Minifigure" label like the other sets do. Seems like a wasted opportunity not to throw in some new characters. :sceptic:

^^Well, I know that the Battle Droids feature a new arm. Look at their right arm; they are bent, but still allow for them to hold a gun regular.

And the Hailfire droid must have a new minifig, since their is a preliminary figure on the box. Maybe these are just not finished?

^The new guns aren't a big deal. They only appear in BPs, so as long as they don't replace the real blasters, I'm fine. We usually get extra guns in sets anyway.

And I am very curious as to how the Rapid Shooters work. Apparently, Lego has a lot of confidence, since they are appearing in other themes too.

Edited by LN-01354