Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2015 Pictures and Rumors

The Stormtroopers are different as they both use separate body art. I'm fairly certain the moulds are the same. The photos are taken at two different angles so it's hard to see exactly. But as fa as I can tell they look the same.

How do you know it would be preferable to fans? I quite like the fact that Rebels are featuring a slightly different Stormtrooper. It shows the evolution of them from Clones, to next gen clones, then the rebels Stormtrooper then the ones in the OT. I think Rebels is set 6 years before the battle of Yavin - they will change again for episode 7 and no doubt we will get versions of those too.

But anyway just because something preferable to you doesn't mean it is for everyone else. ;-)

As General Magma already noted, REBELS stormies are not meant to be an evolutionary stage of stormies at all; the show takes place 5 years before the OT, the stormies outfits shouldn't really change at all. And I think it's safe to say MOST fans would want more OT stormies for their armies, but Rebels stormies will stand out with their frowny-faces. It's not a "phase I/phase II" thing, it's more an "ANH/ROTJ" thing. Even if there are differences in the costume armor of stormies between those two films, they're minor and not intended to indicate "the military has upgraded its armor". Just as stormies throughout the OT are supposed to be the same, so too are the ones in Rebels supposed to be the same as the OT. That's part of the point of Rebels: going back to the OT look and feeling.

I wasn't talking about the LEGO versions... I was responding to Mallet's post about the stormtroopers in the Rebels series,

there's a difference between the art styles, but no more than that - the Rebels stormtrooper is not supposed to be an earlier version of the stormtrooper outfit.

Well, we don't know that for sure.

Unless there's something official (*) to back that up we don't know for sure if the Rebels stormtroopers are not supposed to be an earlier slightly different version of the OT trooper.

In fact: there are also differences between the stormtrooper and Darth Vader helmets used in ANH, ESB and ROTJ.

(*=a statement from Lucasfilm/Disney, Leland Chee, etc etc)

Edited by Jedi-Bendu

Cannot be January since slave 1 is coming very soon. The soonest would be May. It's only September 2014 and now we are just speculating after the Slave 1. Too far out to take that rumor into consideration....or even a grain of salt

Did we forget already that the new MTT was never once rumored or leaked and was first discovered ON LEGO STORE SHELVES?

TLG clearly can keep secrets when they choose to. Many, if not all, of the leaks and rumors we get are carefully controlled marketing ploys, designed to keep fans talking (and buying) much like an expert fisherman with a fish on the line.

Also, as a guy with 20 years in the military, I promise you that there would be at least some minor differences between uniforms and/or battle gear in 5 years.

Edited by rollermonkey

Did we forget already that the new MTT was never once rumored or leaked and was first discovered ON LEGO STORE SHELVES?

TLG clearly can keep secrets when they choose to. Many, if not all, of the leaks and rumors we get are carefully controlled marketing ploys, designed to keep fans talking (and buying) much like an expert fisherman with a fish on the line.

So are you or are you not agreeing with my comment?

All I am saying is the slave 1 has yet to make an official announcement and yet another rumor on a huge Star Wars set coming out on January that WASN'T the slave 1 just does not add up. 2 Star Wars exclusives a year is usually the trend, one in spring and one in fall. So on a release date stand point it just doesn't add up that TLG would release another large set in January that wasn't a slave 1

Completely disagreeing with you.

Just because we get a rumor at a certain time does not dictate the follow-on release date for that set. A set could drop tomorrow that nobody outside TLG is aware of.

Death Star has been on shelves for an eternity in retail time. Sets that huge most likely have separate development schedules than the rest of the line. For all we know, it's been in the works for three years and only just now passed internal review processes. It could arrive Jan 1with the rest of the wave, May 4th for that promotion, or the rumor could be completely unfounded speculation/wishful thinking or even a prank.

Mmm, I simply don't see any commercial logic in releasing highly desired UCSs just after Christmas, it is somewhat nonsensical from marketing standpoint... I would wager that Slave I will hit the shelves just in time for Christmas shopping like it was the case all these previous years with UCSs.

And off-topic, this is my first post (actually second) after a long while folks, I changed countries, now strengthening the Lego community of The Netherlands! :classic:

Here's one justification:

The winter gift giving holiday clears the shelves pretty bare. What better to fill them with than new sets? If they reloaded the shelves in January with old sets, they wouldn't go anywhere. By releasing the new wave in January, TLG doesn't have to lower prices to clear inventory like most other companies and instead has good inventory throughput when other retailers are slashing prices to get rid of remaining stocks.

What if Slave1 releases next year and we get an unknown UCS this year for Christmas? I personally don't think so but I just want to tell you guys this option.

Unless there's something official (*) to back that up we don't know for sure if the Rebels stormtroopers are not supposed to be an earlier slightly different version of the OT trooper.

In fact: there are also differences between the stormtrooper and Darth Vader helmets used in ANH, ESB and ROTJ.

I already mentioned how there were differences in the helmets between the three films... just as Luke's hilt in ESB is different from the one in ANH. They're still all meant to be the same things. Vader changes his attire a little, but it's still meant to be the same suit and helmet; same with the stormtroopers. And to further illustrate this, Lego doesn't distinguish between ANH, ESB, or ROTJ stormies (or Vader, really, tho an ANH-only version is conceivable since the costume differences are more apparent).

The TIE pilot seen in the Ezra short obviously looks like an OT pilot, so why would the stormies be any different? It may not be officially stated yet, but it will be: REBELS stormies are no different than OT stormies.

Also, as a guy with 20 years in the military, I promise you that there would be at least some minor differences between uniforms and/or battle gear in 5 years.

Minor. Not like how the Ghost's stormie looks. Not enough to warrant separate representations in minifigure form. See above regarding the differences between stormies over the 4-year span of the OT.

Minor is a guarantee in that timeframe, but major also happens.

With a short phase in period, I went from this:

MALE_ENLIST_UNIFORM_UTLITY.jpg

To these:

USN_NWU1.jpg

Edited by rollermonkey

Ok don't shoot the messenger. This is just what the guy at the store told me

(He also told me the next modular will be the detective set and there are clues of a new D2C Simpsons set)

Detective set?

The next modular build has been revealed to be a detective agency

What if Slave1 releases next year and we get an unknown UCS this year for Christmas? I personally don't think so but I just want to tell you guys this option.

I thought that sets were done for this year. I figured the Sandcrawler is UCS, and the MTT was meant as an underwhelming filler for another UCS. It seems odd that they would release a Slave I at Christmas time, for two reasons:

1) How many parents drop $250 on a toy? Not many.....the Slave I is aimed towards teen and adult collectors, who usually don't rely on Christmas lists to get what they want.

2) Why release a set so close to the holiday season, when kids have already made their lists, and collectors have already planned out what they wanted? It seems awful hasty, for anyone.

I really hope for it to be released May the 4th, or at least January. I still need the Cantina, and AT-AT, and AT-AP; a Slave I in the mix would kill me.

I know that feeling...missed a lot of sets like the cantina and jabbas palace...but the slave1 is a must have (especially because I'm going to sell my old one). But yeah you're right it was just a thought...next year is perfect. The wave sounds good but I don't really need all the sets

1) How many parents drop $250 on a toy? Not many.....the Slave I is aimed towards teen and adult collectors, who usually don't rely on Christmas lists to get what they want.

TFOLs and AFOLs don't rely on Christmas lists... they rely on Christmas money/gift cards! :grin:

So in that respect, a holiday release for it, even if it's actually on January 1st, makes some sense.

^^I only want Shadow Troopers and the Skyhopper. That is even better than this year (in terms of winter line up), when I bought three Battle Packs, Grievous' Wheel Bike, and Saleucami, and last year's RGS, and still bought the Sandcrawler.

Shadow troops will likely be $12, the Skyhopper around $30. Pile on the Slave I, and it only comes to $242 (but lets round up and say $300, with tax.) This year, I spent $450, and that is rounding down!

Next year will be easy. Sad excuse for a winter line, most likely a Rebels-dominated Summer, and more money towards the Slave I (and.....Cloud City.....). Even if it is released this year, I can wait a few months. It'll be sold out at Christmas anyway.

The Slave I rumors made me anxious to finally see the result, and the wait was well worth it. Can't wait to buy that and finally get a Slave I in my collection. Now this rumor about a large 10188 style set is making me even more excited. That set was incredibly fun to build, and the end result of the build is incredible. Another one like that for Cloud City would be absolutely insane and make me an incredibly happy, but less financially sound, AFOL. :sweet:

Exactly, it makes me laugh how people presume things when actually they don't know for sure - Do these people know the writers? have some literature to back up their assumptions?

We could go on with one person assuming that the Stormies are the same in a new hope and Rebels and another saying that they are different. All I am saying is that we dont know so nobody should assume anything or post 'facts' based on their on theories.

The differences are too small and too purely stylistic to be intended as "different versions"; it's not like Phase I & Phase II clones, so it's a safe assumption to say they're meant to be the same. It's not like the Empire's gonna say "Well, we used to have pronounced frowns on stormtrooper helmets, but found that was sending the wrong message and made citizens think our troopers needed cheering up, so we changed the helmets to look less grumpy."