Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2015 Pictures and Rumors

LEGO has been getting good use out of their molds so it's a possibility. As much as I like the flame trooper clones, I'm not sure how much fans would army build with them. I have a small army but I wouldn't get more than maybe a dozen of them. What I really want are more plain clones so it'll drop the prices to $3.00 or less per minifig on Bricklink.

Edited by Sir_Basil_Ashton

The Imperial Troop Transport will be awesome to buy multiples of if the set is<$40 and the shadow trooper set would be great if it has shadow stormtroopers which is most likely true

New idea, what if the Geonosis troopers are the flame troopers, so TLG can reuse the new snow troopers mold...

I am afraid that would not work, the flametroopers look quite different. But the RotS marines (Republican cold weather gear) could use the new snowtrooper mould. I would very much like to finally have them. I wonder what keeps Lego from doing them...

I was hoping for flame troopers. My bet is 2 flame troopers and 2 ARF troopers

I hope for Spec Ops Clone Troopers as well. :classic:

This would be nice:

ANEF2oQ.jpg

I actually think a Spec Ops trooper is more likely than a flame trooper, as a flamethrower may be a too gruesome weapon. Note: it is just "more likely". I don't think any of those will be released, I am still quite sure it is the AotC clones.

Don't forget, we got the Royal Guards in a Battle Pack! ;)

Neither the gunners nor the guards are minifigs you need in great numbers. And the Red/Royal Guards have quite some uses having appeared in three episodes (2,3,6) and in very different locations. So I don't think the set is imbalanced, as it would have been with actual Death Star Troopers/Imperial Navy Troopers, who can be seen in greater numbers in all of the OT movies.

Hi all, Im not into Lego Star Wars, but Im a big Star Wars fan. Now i discovered the SW UCS X-wing and noticed this is a remake from an earlier UCS model. Now I was questioning myself; will Lego release more UCS sets (remakes) of iconic SW vehicles (I read someting about maybe a MF) in the near future? I dont like the Sandcrawler, but some UCS X/Y/B wings etc would be realy cool. Do you guys have any thoughts on this or is this impossible to answer?Thanks!

-edit-

Please move id this should be in an other topic like the general question topic!

Edited by IJsmuts

The problem is not the flametrooper's visor, it is that of the snowtrooper because it is physically modelled, not just printed on. Sure, you could print on a T-Visor, but the goggle-like visor of the snowtrooper - which has no place in a flametrooper helmet - would still be present as part of the mould.

Snowtropps.jpg

A T-Visor printed on that? I don't think so. :wink:

(that is without going into other differences like the breathing filters of the flametroopers which are naturally not part of this mould, etc.)

Lego will spare no expense for new molds in ep7. It will be a huge event, Lego movie style.

Yeah, this is LEGO Star Wars we're talking about. The single most popular LEGO theme ever, and perhaps one of the most popular toy lines ever in recent memory. TLG won't hold back when it comes to making the sets for Ep 7. We'll probably get 8 regular sets and perhaps even a D2C set right away. Its really the first time that there has been completely new material since 2005. Sure, we had the Clone Wars sets, but a lot of those were vehicles and characters we'd already seen from the PT.

My main hope is that we get a Battle Pack with both regular and Incendiary troopers, so we can mass our new Imperial forces.

Also, I'm assuming that since this is technically the 2015 rumours discussion, its permitted to discuss the rumours regarding the plot of Ep 7 that have been popping up over the past few weeks. There have been many interesting things that I've heard that already have my head swamping with potential set ideas (even if they are based solely on what few plot rumours we've heard).

Let's also not forget that TLG's capability to produce highly specialized, one-time-use-only pieces and molds has gotten much more impressive over the last few years. Yes some of it's due to the China factory, but I for one welcome the massive influx of new minifig parts to play with. This is not 2006 anymore, when TIE/in Pilots and V-wing Pilots needed to have reprinted Stormie and Phase II Clone helmets; I see no reason for TLG not to make a new mold for a specialized trooper, if the design is different enough from anything that currently exists.

Indeed. Just think about the TCW Clone Pilot. I doubt we will ever see this mould again, unless perhaps in the new LAAT microfighter (although I doubt it and think it will be the AotC Pilot otherwise missing; only one in the big LAAT when you you need two).

Also the Kashyyyk trooper of my avatar may remain the only use of that helmet mould...

But: I suspect new moulds will either be for current media (Rebels and ST) or classics (OT, PT - yes, PT is a classic in that sense...). I am afraid CW is pretty much dead in Lego terms, and the EU has never been a Lego favourite. The better elements of the EU have been incorporated into various SW media anyway, I am just waiting for Thrawn to be tied in. Perhaps Rebels will do me that favour. He would not even need a new mould.

PS: is it mould or mold? My dictionary says it is "mould" but I read mold all the time... Is that American English?

The problem is not the flametrooper's visor, it is that of the snowtrooper because it is physically modelled, not just printed on. Sure, you could print on a T-Visor, but the goggle-like visor of the snowtrooper - which has no place in a flametrooper helmet - would still be present as part of the mould.

Snowtropps.jpg

A T-Visor printed on that? I don't think so. :wink:

(that is without going into other differences like the breathing filters of the flametroopers which are naturally not part of this mould, etc.)

Ah, sorry about that, I don't have any new snow troopers, I never noticed that outcropping for the goggles.

Apologies!

PS: is it mould or mold? My dictionary says it is "mould" but I read mold all the time... Is that American English?

'Mould' is British English; 'mold' is American English. We Americans are lazy. Got to get rid of those extra letters and assume that you can infer the correct sound.

'Mould' is British English; 'mold' is American English. We Americans are lazy. Got to get rid of those extra letters and assume that you can infer the correct sound.

it's not being lazy it's being efficient!

Your're American, brickdoctor? Wow... I don't know why, but I just assumed European.

Edited by Blackice200

Got to get rid of those extra letters and assume that you can infer the correct sound.

Technically, when it comes to words like 'colour', we added the 'u', you didn't remove it. I don't know if that's' the case with mould.

Technically, when it comes to words like 'colour', we added the 'u', you didn't remove it. I don't know if that's' the case with mould.

MR Man, I'm not sure where you found your info but it appears to be incorrect. A very famous Noah Webster is the cause of many of the words being different. color being one of them. he also is the reason for Theater, the letter Zee (not Zed) risk instead of risqué (Brittan would later adopt, though I could not find when it happened). the list is quite long. all of it was done for a singular purpose, to separate the newly formed United States from Great Brittan as much as possible. OK that said, lets get back into a galaxy far far away :classic:

Ah, sorry about that, I don't have any new snow troopers, I never noticed that outcropping for the goggles.

Apologies!

No problem! :classic:

Thanks all for the mo(u)ld explanation.

To get back to the GFFA... I wonder about the micro Homing Spider Droid. I mean there is a small version of that, the Dwarf Spider Droid. Why not just take this one? Anyway I hope the seperatist sets include non-droid minifigs. The main selling point of the microfighters, at least for me, is the minifig. Sure, the build can be nice and sometimes you get interesting parts as well, but that alone is not enough for me. I want that minifig, and I surely don't want a battle droid (except the Magna Guards).

Here is my minifig wish-list for the microfighters:

- Vulture Droid: Neimodian (will likely be a droid)

- AT-AT: imperial officer in armour (will likely be a pilot, which makes sense anyway)

- Republic Gunship: Phase I pilot (needed to complete the big Gunship)

- Homing Spider Droid: Geonosian (will likely be a droid; but the HSD has been first seen on Geonosis and Poggle is pretty lonesome...)

Is this a LEGO-forum or a language forum, people? :wacko:

On topic:

I hope the Geonosis Battlepack will be AotC clone troopers or just Geonosians....

To be honest, I'm done with TCW clones and their variants :sceptic:

Of course, Delta Squad would be amazing too, but I highly doubt that.

Regards,

Mitch

Hey Mitch,

I share your sentiment on the Republic Commandos, but please don't forget they are a TCW clone variant. :wink: The fact that they showed up in TCW are actually the only hope that we will ever see them in Lego form after all that has happened to the EU. ....and Karen Traviss relationship to the franchise for that matter.

You are also right to doubt that the Geonosis pack will be RC. Why would Lego call it Geonosis troopers if it is Delta Squad? Makes little sense imho.

Thinking about the name, Geonosis troopers: remember the Death Star troopers! They were actually gunners and guards who happened to be featured on the Death Star. With that in mind, and Lego's policy to fill the recent BPs with 2x2 minifigs, I think we will see two white generic clones from AotC without rank insignia. The other two are the big question. I hope for Geonosians, but then all the 2014 BPs had minifigs from the same side. Maybe two pilots? (could use them for the AT-TE as well?).

Also, will the clones feature leg printing unlike their 2013 versions (if it is AotC)?

Questions... lots of questions... I can't wait for more news on that set.

Also, will the clones feature leg printing unlike their 2013 versions (if it is AotC)?

Questions... lots of questions... I can't wait for more news on that set.

Same here, I've always been a fan of battlepacks and that is definately going on my "To Buy" list. As for your question, I'm certain TLG will keep the Leg printing on the Clones. It seems unlikely they would take it off, unless off course they wanted to change it in someway. But as always until we see more info on the set we can never be sure.

On the note of battle packs, why are we never seeing opposing sides to the battle packs we're getting?

Agreed, ideally it would be two AotC clone troopers (I don't really care if they're colored and ranked or generic white or a mix and match, though) and two Geonosians.

It's likely the clone troopers legs will be printed again. Leg printing is becoming more and more common if anyway, I believe.

Regards,

Mitch