just2good

2015 Mixels Discussion

Construction tribe! That's awesome! Were they the supposed Steampunk tribe, or are they different?

Purple stomach-mouth is goofy. I love him.

Cubits! Finally! Now if only we could get a General Nixel...

And a little sad about the clone characters of Flurr and possibly Lunk. They seem different enough, but surely they could've made something more creative (I mean, we're getting a stomach-mouth, for Pete's sake.)

Yellow Construction guy looks *amazing!* \(^o^')/ *That's* what the yellow is used for! Very cool! *Really* curious about the other 2 in this Tribe.

The Purple guy with the 2 mouths is also extremely cool & the other purple guy there looks nifty too. Hopefully the remaining one has a unique head.

As others have said, the Flurr clone (but in green...) is disappointing. I expected more (even a different head would have made it feel more unique! - it's just *too* close to Flurr!)

I guess we'll see the missing ones (& the other 9 guys from the other series real soon now!)

(Also, Argos in the UK *do* have Series 4 in stock - but unlike previously, they won't sell before the official release date (this Sunday) - just so UK fans know.)

The construction ones are the yellow/grey tribe we heard about. The brown/gold steampunk tribe is the next series.

Thanks for the clarification. Glad to hear Steampunk is still in.

No, we're missing more than that (Not counting the themes where photography was prohibited). We still haven't seen the DC sets at all. At least we have one picture of the Mixels.

Thanks for the clarification. Glad to hear Steampunk is still in.

Brown/gold could be another wave of Fang Gang. They have some gold details.

Only one Fang Gang member used gold pieces. I doubt they'd do another repeat Series 2 tribe just yet, since we're getting new Frosticons.

Oh, we are getting new Frosticons. Completely forgot about that. There are still chances for steampunk.

Definitely loving Vaka-Waka and his 2 mouths. Seems the Yellowish tribe in Series 5 is tongue related. And the steampunk Mixels are cool as well. My current favorite of them is the one with 2 of Nurp-Naut's eyes. Don't know which of the 3 construction tribes I'll prefer until we get pictures of them.

Still not getting any of the new Frosticons or Glorp Corp though since I'm only getting one Mixel per tribe. Though one of the Glorp Corp is using Magnifying lenses for Glasses which I think is ingenious

Edited by Takanuinuva

One of the tongue guys has Chima minifig wings,which is pretty interesting. I don't thing the eating tribe are Fang Gang. I'm looking forward to seeing the packages/cartoon forms for the rest of them,maybe at NY toy fair.

I'm calling it that the eating tribe are called the Munch Bunch

Edited by GoldenChi

They all look great. Super happy with the Steampunk guys (Steam Team?). Especially the one with exhaust pipes for arms.

I'm liking Berp's arms and Vaka-Waka's faces. Snax doesn't impress me, Those tongue guys are so crazy, I gotta have them all! The steampunk guys look okay (but they look more "scrapyard" than "steampunk", and the construction ones do, too. The new Frosticons aren't much, but I'm wondering how they did the eye on the clear dome. I like the new eye tiles. I like the snowmobile Mixel. Glorp Corp is meh.

I got Globert today, and I love him.

Edited by 8BrickMario

Glorp Corp is meh.

I totally agree, Gurggle is so meh, nothing special about him like all others that are amazing! Cartoon version of Slusho doesn't look similar to Flurr so they probably are not cousins. :grin:

Whereas the Bionicle summer lineup is pretty disappointing, all of these are absolutely amazing! The yellow tongue guys, construction crew and purple tribe especially caught my attention.

FINALLY! The anticipation was killing me! Loving the Glorp Corp, and those construction guys! Not a fan of that weird Frosticon with the buck teeth though...

I'm all game for the new Frosticons. Bright blue and cyan are favourite colours of mine. I'm also liking the Steampunk and Construction folks. I'm tempted to get all of them and mashing them together just for the sake of saying "Constructicons, COMBINE!"

All the new tribe guys look freaking amazing imo. :classic:

I love that there are 2 more yellow tribes now too (cos I like nice, bright colors).

Having said that - the rather duller colored "steampunk" guys look absolutely *fantastic!*...

I'll be doing my usual of picking up 3 of each guy (so I have 1 of each guy + 1 of each Max + 1 of each parts for mashing up), but I might get even more of those guys, lol...

just because I think an army of those led by Metalbeard (from the "Metalbeard's Duel" set) would look super cool! :sweet: (they have a very similar color scheme/look)

The weak links in these new sets are definitely the new "old tribe" guys... especially Glorp Corp.

They just seem like "more of the same" rather than tying anything unique with the designs... that's a pity.

Only the snowmobile looking Frosticon looks cool out of those guys (imo).

I'm *loving* those purple guys! Food in their hands, & each design very creative! That hamster face one! :laugh:

I tried *again* today (February 1st) to get Series 4 in "Argos" here in the UK -

& was told this time that the system won't allow them to sell until *tomorrow* (February 2nd) & they can't even over-ride it (as they do with some products) :cry_sad:

So yeah, definitely a useful heads up there for UK fans... that Argos (who would usually be my go-to guys for my early Mixel-fix) are now strictly sticking to their set release dates.

Other than that... I'm now super curious about how the Maxes look for Series 5 & 6 :classic: