just2good

2015 Mixels Discussion

Vaka-Waka! Oh man, I'm dying. That's the funniest name I've ever heard. No matter what he looks like, he is the best Mixel. Period.

Perhaps he'll look something like a tan-orange bear in a funny hat and tie. =P

While their at it, they should make Cermet and the rest of the Moopets into Mixels. :laugh:

I could easily imagine a frog like mixel being part of the Glorp Corp.

I just realized that Niksput as a Space Dandy-esque pompadour.

Oh my. I hope that was intentional, because that's awesome.

Cool that they're available. I'll definitely be keeping an eye out.

I just uploaded a review of the Orbitrons! https://www.youtube....O9IT5Ng&index=1

I also got some images of Nurp-Naut for a future review (linking thanks to big size):

http://mixels.wikia.com/wiki/File:20150116_110549.jpg

http://mixels.wikia.com/wiki/File:20150116_110542.jpg

http://mixels.wikia.com/wiki/File:20150116_110533.jpg

http://mixels.wikia.com/wiki/File:20150116_110524.jpg

Edited by ZootyCutie

I heard that the Series 4 Mixels are starting to crop up in places (I think I heard about them being out in Poland, and now the US). I'm just wondering - has anybody sighted them in the UK yet? Brand Stores here have put both series 2 and Series 3 out early in the past, I'm wondering if they are doing the same again with Series 4. I'm probably heading out to a Brand Store next week to meet a friend and pick up some sets, but it'd be handy to know if they've been spotted anyhow.

Did they have an ad for Series 5 and 6 in them?

Edited by just2good

Did they have an add for Series 5 and 6 in them?

Sadly, no. Looks like they wised up when it came to spoiling the future tribes...

Wow, that's great, especially since the three-tooth plate comes in a new color. The Glowkies look good. Shame about the cheeses being aqua, even though it's new. They looked like they glowed.

The series 5 and 6 are at the London Toy Fair, here are the new tribes colors schemes, according to Huw, from brickset :

Series 5: brown/gold, blue/medium blue, yellow/red

Series 6: purple/lavender, yellow/grey, green and lime green

Brown / gold is an interesting color choice.

Very much looking forward to the tribe with a steampunk vibe that Huw mentioned in his post edit!

Looks like we'll be getting more Frosticons and Glorp Corp from the looks of the colors.

The medium blue ones are actually going to be water. You can tell from the leaked list from a few weeks back that three (Gurggle, Slusho, and Dribbal) are water-related names.

I do agree with the Glorp Corp theory, though. Somebody on the wiki suggested a nature tribe, but I can only see that confusing people.

Edited by Puffle Pal26

I'm guessing the mechanical ones are the brown/gold tribe. A clockwork or steampunk vibe could make it an instant favorite for me.

Edited by 8BrickMario

I'm guessing the mechanical ones are the brown/gold tribe. A clockwork or steampunk vibe could make it an instant favorite for me.

Yes! That would be great. I was struggling to think of what brown and gold would connote, and steampunk is the best fit!

Steampunk!? Finally! Love me some steampunk, and Mixels of that variety will be most welcome.

And purple/lavender also sounds interesting. Gotta love purple Lego.

I wonder which colors are indiacted to the names. Snax Berp and Vaka Waka. Those names seem like they'd be part of the Fang Gang. But none of the colors are close to the Fang Gang's tribe colors. It certainly can't be the purple/lavender combo. Maybe yellow/gray?

Huw's descriptions in the comments to his Toy Fair coverage lead me to believe we WILL be seeing new Frosticons (Krug, Chilbno, Snoof) and Glorp Corp (Dribbal, Gurggal, Slusho). Gox, Junky, and Kamzo sound like they will be from a new mechanical/steampunk tribe. Not sure what to think of the others.

It certainly can't be the purple/lavender combo.

It actually is, according to the reply Huw wrote to me today. I'm very happy about that, to be honest. Because what's better than Vaka-Waka? A PURPLE VAKA-WAKA!