just2good

2015 Mixels Discussion

New Mixels, including a new lava tribe! Pages below show them.

Glowkies: Boogly, Globert, Vampos

Lava tribe- Flamzer, Meltus, Burnard

Orbitonz- Rokit, Nitspuk, Nurp-naut

http://www.familiens...g24.de/Lego_s16

http://www.familiens...g24.de/Lego_s15

Digging the Orbitons! After the first wave, I've definitely been cherry-picking the 'interesting' tribes, and these guys hit all the right buttons for me. And the name puns, egads...

I loved Nitspuk's name. Rokit's head dome looks interesting. I really like Boogly, but I wish I could see Vampos better. Burnard is the only red one I like.

They're not Infernites. Their packs are lighter, and they use trans-yellow, which points toward them being a whole new (though unoriginal) lava tribe.

I wish the Glowkies came out before Halloween!

The bag color just could be so not to confuse them with the Series 1 Infernites. Though if they are a seperate fire tribe unrelated to the Infernites. That is incredibly lazy of Lego

I doubt there would be a confusion when Series 1 won't be on shelves anymore. I don't know why they didn't go for another idea, though. New or not, it's a boring tribe to me.

Wait...does Rokit have a CITY in his dome? Look at the cartoon image!

I like the use of Chima bat wings on Vampos, and Meltus is an interesting dino-based creature, I guess, Flamzer makes no sense, and Burnard looks nothing like the cartoon.

WOW. The new Infernites look great. And, the Glowkies and Orbitonz definitely impress. I also think the animated forms of all nine look top notch.

WOW.

Those Orbitonz are hilarious. Can't wait to have those in my hands.

The Glowkies are pretty good too.

The Fire tribe, whatever they are, are really unoriginal...I'm still not passing on them. :tongue:

I loved Nitspuk's name. Rokit's head dome looks interesting. I really like Boogly, but I wish I could see Vampos better. Burnard is the only red one I like.

I laughed way too hard when I saw Nitspuk's name.

I figured the new red ones might not be more Infernites, but I didn't really have any way of knowing. Glad that they're continuing to expand beyond the initial tribes.

They're not Infernites. Their packs are lighter, and they use trans-yellow, which points toward them being a whole new (though unoriginal) lava tribe.

I wish the Glowkies came out before Halloween!

Except they DON'T use Tr. Yellow. Burnard was shown "in the brick" at NYCC, and the parts that look like Tr. Yellow in these low-quality renders are actually Tr. Bright Orange (just as the parts that look like Bright Reddish Violet/Magenta are actually Dark Red). I think it's extremely likely that these will be new Infernites rather than a new tribe, as every one of their colors is shared with the previous Infernites.

Agreed, I can't see them not being more Infernites. TLG has plenty of lazy re-hashes, but I don't think they'd go so far as another fire tribe that's completely identical to the old one. Infernites ahve been the most popular that I've seen so far, I'll bet they are just capitalizing on that.

Which is a total bummer. Reusing a tribe is just lazy. I would prefer something new and creative.

Regardless, I'll still end up getting them all, so....

Which is a total bummer. Reusing a tribe is just lazy. I would prefer something new and creative.

Regardless, I'll still end up getting them all, so....

I don't think there's anything lazy about it. If the designs themselves are just as creative either way, I don't see how what you call them makes a difference in their creativity. It's just a matter of whether a new tribe or an existing tribe is more fitting, and in this case, I think the Infernite tribe is a perfect fit for these fiery designs.

I don't think there's anything lazy about it. If the designs themselves are just as creative either way, I don't see how what you call them makes a difference in their creativity. It's just a matter of whether a new tribe or an existing tribe is more fitting, and in this case, I think the Infernite tribe is a perfect fit for these fiery designs.

It's not a matter of the figures (they look great), it's the fact that they're giving us more Infernites. I'd prefer a new tribe, is all.

Aanchir, since you mentioned the new eye variety (2x2 grey-lidded, 2x2 mega pupil) back at the SDCC reveal, and I'm sure you saw the glow variants of the 1x1 tile and head eyes on the Glowkies, but did you see the new 1x1 tile prints in the "LEGO Classic" line? One with the pupil eclipsed a little and one that's just eyelashes. I'm sure they'll find their way into series 5, but I'm probably gonna stock up on some of the classic sets for other parts, and bricklink a bunch more eyes.

I'm excited about Globert, since the bag image confirms his eye (or rather, the white of his eye) does glow. The discolored toes were present in the render, but not the eye. The bag art confirms the glow, so I'm happy about that.

they are infernites. guy who told about glowkies and orbitonz also said that burnard is the new member of infernites. And what other tribe would it be? lava? no. why? because in the show, infernites live in volcanoes with a lot of lava so i don t know why would they make lava based tribe. same thing is with volcanoes and everything else.

Well, if they can't come up with any new tribes anymore, I think Mixels will have to die a quick death. I hope the Infernites were just a pet tribe they enjoyed rather than a lack of creativity. I'd be sad to see the little guys run out of inspiration and new tribes.

Six out of nine of the new mixels are from brand-new tribes. I don't think we have to worry about them running out of ideas any time soon. And to be perfectly honest, I think they're going about this the right way. If they were to just come up with brand-new color schemes for every set of three Mixels, it wouldn't be too long before they ran out of ones that both looked good and made thematic sense with what the tribe in question represented. I think creating new members of existing tribes could help extend the life of the theme.

I don't see it as missed opportunity, but rather the opposite. Just think of how much creative opportunity would be missed if the LEGO Group just made three Mixels for each tribe or theme and then abandoned that tribe or theme forever, never to return to it. Surely the Mixels we've gotten in the existing tribes aren't the ONLY creative ideas that fit those tribes' themes.

Six out of nine of the new mixels are from brand-new tribes. I don't think we have to worry about them running out of ideas any time soon. And to be perfectly honest, I think they're going about this the right way. If they were to just come up with brand-new color schemes for every set of three Mixels, it wouldn't be too long before they ran out of ones that both looked good and made thematic sense with what the tribe in question represented. I think creating new members of existing tribes could help extend the life of the theme.

I don't see it as missed opportunity, but rather the opposite. Just think of how much creative opportunity would be missed if the LEGO Group just made three Mixels for each tribe or theme and then abandoned that tribe or theme forever, never to return to it. Surely the Mixels we've gotten in the existing tribes aren't the ONLY creative ideas that fit those tribes' themes.

There are loads of color schemes we could have. Not to mention all the different color combinations there are. Orbitonz are a perfect example with white, green, red, and whatever else.

Personally, I think it'd be cool to see tribes that shared similarities in designs rather than color. I still want to see some sort of sweets or food-based tribe. They could all look like food, but not necessarily be the same color. We could have a white ice cream guy and a brown chocolate cake. But maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part. At this point in the line, all Mixel tribes share their unique color scheme, so...

And on your second point, I think the limitation to three is part of the fun. It's an entertaining challenge to see what sorts of different combinations you can make with the few figures you're given. With three more Infernites, their tribe just seems... Overpowered? It makes everything off balance. Though I guess that could change if they continue the trend and the next series has three more Electroids, and the next has three Cragsters, etc.

They need to do a standard-green and reddish brown plant tribe. A tree-based Mixel would be adorable. They could use a lot of the foliage parts they have with those. If they keep on expanding tribes, though, it feels like there will never be a balance. It would take several series to have expansions for the Orbitonz and Glowkies, and by then, there would be too many more tribes. I hope they do more new things instead of, ironically, mixing new and old tribes in the series.

Edited by 8BrickMario

I'm still waiting for sea Mixels...

If they did Classic Space Mixels (they probably won't, but...) if they did, that would be an amazing gift to fans. I just with the Orbitonz were grey, blue and trans-yellow...