just2good

2015 Mixels Discussion

Clever things are being done with the eyes — Nurp-Naut has a new half-closed eye print, Burnard has this year's ball joint eyes inside 2x2 inverted domes, while Globert has a 4x4 glowing dish with a printed 2x2 round tile as the pupil!

How great is that? On the whole, still loving Mixels.

I can't imagine Nurp-Naut being from the Glorp Corp. He's got the Bright Yellowish Green, but otherwise his colors are Tr. Red, White, Medium Stone Grey, and Warm Gold. Quite a wacky color scheme.

Glorp Corp I think is just generally slime-based. So Glurt is a slobbery dog, Glomp has a huge runny nose, and Torts has slime shooters for arms.

Somehow completely missed the other colors. I was more focused on the green. So yeah, I'm definitely going with a Space theme.(though a disease/germ based tribe would still be fun...)

Yeah, I was thinking Earth Blue + White Glow = night-themed tribe. The lighting makes it hard to tell what color Globert's toes are; I think either Aqua or White Glow. Would love to see the latter, I'm always on the lookout for new varieties of cheese.

Night theme would be cool. Especially if they used GitD. Maybe we could get a lightning bug!

He does have bat wings. Dark Blue is always welcome, and it would make sense, since Mixels usually offer up parts in uncommon colors. Glow in the Dark seems to solidify the night theme. I hope we get an owl-based one, too, with a rotating head!

Edited by 8BrickMario

Space-themed Mixels! Nurp-Naut looks fun, quirky and unusual all in one. Hope there are more like him. Less thrilled about Burnard, as I don't know if he has enough variation from his counterparts aside from having both eyes in front and close together.

Is Nurp-Naut using a color scheme similar to Buzz Lightyear?:p

I was thinking: if Globert is dark blue and part of a new tribe, which I really hope, maybe we're getting two new tribes along with one Infernite, one Electroid and one Cragster?

I was thinking: The name Globert has nothing to do with night, per se, but their dark color schemes and glowing parts makes me think his tribe isn't a night tribe, but a darkness tribe. What about the Max models though? As much as I love Burnard, I can't think it's a good idea to include extra mixels for each tribe. It would complicate the Max system, and it's overall unnecessary to add one, like the Zombie Moonstone in Monster Fighters. It had no place in the story or the moonstone device, but the set was great.

Is Nurp-Naut using a color scheme similar to Buzz Lightyear?:p

Heh. That actually may be part of why I like it.

I agree, Nurp-Naut is probably from a space theme. The -Naut at the end and the big clear astronaut windscreen give it away...

They just keep getting better! Nurp-Naut definitely has a space vibe, which makes me hope that the other two in the tribe are an alien and a cyborg. And... Globert could go under a night or monster theme. I love that pupil print on the tile!

I have a bit of a theory about sets for this wave. Six could be two new tribes, and the other three could be one new character each from three existing tribes. We already know there will be a new Infernite (Burnard). Thoughts?

Edited by Puffle Pal26

So wait, you're talking about:

SERIES 4

3 of new tribe 1

3 of new tribe 2

1 each of new series 1 Mixels

SERIES 5

3 of new tribe 3

3 of new tribe 4

1 each of new series 2 Mixels.

SERIES 6

3 of new tribe 5

3 of new tribe 6

1 each of new series 3 Mixels.

Alternatively, the three old tribe Mixels in each series wouldn't necessarily have to be exact; i.e. series 4 could have an Infernite, a Wiztastic, and a Fang Gang.

Found some better images of our little lovelies! Check out Lego's new album on Facebook with some images of what was available to view at SDCC 2014.

Globert's dark blue! Terrific! The renders are sort of odd, but they look good. Love Burnard's flame/tongue attatchment. I can't wait to see the rest of the Mixels for next year's new wave.

Globert is Dark blue. Its different enough from the Frosticons since they use Dark blue very sparingly. Burnard's pic looks weird. It almost looks like the fire is his nose. And is build is strangely similar to Zorch's with similar arms and eyebrows

Kinda don't like how much lime green is in Nurp-Naut since the Glorp Corp main color is lime green. though he looks like his tribes color might be mainly white.

Out of the 3 revealed I like Globert the most. I'll be getting him unless I like one of the other 2 members of his tribe more.

Look at Burnad's mouth, He has a new piece, an upwards 1x2 click-hinge plate!

new_hinge.jpg

I also like how Globert's wings can be rotated or closed. Such a simple connection, but it works so well.

Look at Burnad's mouth, He has a new piece, an upwards 1x2 click-hinge plate!

Looks like this to me.

It's a 1x2. The upper right corner is visible right next to the tooth plate, and you can see a little bit of the tooth behind it.

Edited by 8BrickMario

It's a 1x2. The upper right corner is visible right next to the tooth plate, and you can see a little bit of the tooth behind it.

I don't think so. At this angle there's no possible way for any part of the tooth to be behind the hinge plate. It looks like the teeth are one layer above it. I think the "corner" you're seeing is one of the tooth piece's angles. It's probably not a new piece.

My brain is showing it to me like an optical illusion, I blink and the white part is on top of it, then above/behind it. Now I see that you're right, but this picture is making it seem a different way. It was brought up as a new piece on Brickset, so I wanted to see if it was true.