Ezekiel2517

DC Superheroes 2015 Rumors & Discussions

Or release a set with Raven next year. We waited A LONG TIME just for a green lantern..

Because of the stupid Ryan Ryenolds movie. Seriously, after that movie went sour, toy companies were afraid of his selling abilties due to most of his sitting on shelves, not being sold.

It has nothing to do with Ryan Reynolds. That movie sucked because WB changed way too many things in the script.

That is also why DC Cinematic Universe will horribly fail. Mark my words

And there's nothing saying she couldn't pop up in a polybag like Rocket Raccoon. Let's try to look at this optimistically, ok. :wink:

Well to be fair, Rocket Raccoon was never an exclusive figure. The set he was in was, but the figure itself was never said to be. I could definitely see Raven as a SDCC exclusive. No DC female exclusives yet, she would be a prime canidate. See Phoenix Jean/Spider Woman. Realistically no matter what the exclusive will be later this year, someone will still always complain.

Well to be fair, Rocket Raccoon was never an exclusive figure. The set he was in was, but the figure itself was never said to be. I could definitely see Raven as a SDCC exclusive. No DC female exclusives yet, she would be a prime canidate. See Phoenix Jean/Spider Woman. Realistically no matter what the exclusive will be later this year, someone will still always complain.

I don't see it being a SDCC exclusive. Lately they been using obscure characters as exclusives. So we should be fine

I don't see it being a SDCC exclusive. Lately they been using obscure characters as exclusives. So we should be fine

Thankfully, LEGO has done more obscure characters this past year. However, characters like Shazam!, Spider Woman and Phoenix Jean are somewhat minor characters yet still rather popular. Similar to Raven, heck Green Lanten, a JL member was an exclusive for the longest time. Let's hope for the best!

Thankfully, LEGO has done more obscure characters this past year. However, characters like Shazam!, Spider Woman and Phoenix Jean are somewhat minor characters yet still rather popular. Similar to Raven, heck Green Lanten, a JL member was an exclusive for the longest time. Let's hope for the best!

I think Lego recently has realized how upset making fan favorite characters exclusive has made fans and has been trying to avoid that by making the SDCC characters available, well most of them, and using much more obscure characters.

But she could be in a SDCC exclusive set. It's possible anyway.

Because of the stupid Ryan Ryenolds movie. Seriously, after that movie went sour, toy companies were afraid of his selling abilties due to most of his sitting on shelves, not being sold.

I thought it was just because Green Lantern isn't Batman.

List of potential DC revolts:

Give us Raven!

Give us Killer Moth!

Give us an accurate New 52 Harley Quinn!!!

Give us Raven!

You're beginning to sound like me. :laugh::grin:

Edited by psqidexslizer248

Well, after the LB3 fans harassed LEGO and TT about Raven, they have to know we want her in sets. And yeah, I want her more and more these days, to complete the Titans at the very least. If she came in a cheap set or poly, I would get several. Purple hoods could be useful!

Well, after the LB3 fans harassed LEGO and TT about Raven, they have to know we want her in sets. And yeah, I want her more and more these days, to complete the Titans at the very least. If she came in a cheap set or poly, I would get several. Purple hoods could be useful!

They could also used a hooded piece similar to green arrow and add purple hair

Yeah, Lego has to know that we want her.

But Raven doesn't wear a hoodie. She wears a cloak. The Wyldstyle hood wouldn't look good on her, and she's most recognized with the hood up, eyes in shadow and glowing.

If she is an SDCC minifigure, it's a guarantee she won't stay that way. Arrow and Green Lantern appeared in the JL wave based on the comics after the exclusive versions (movie and TV show designs) were released. If Raven's an SDCC exclusive, maybe a TTG version would be in sets afterward to keep the team's designs cohesive. It could go both ways, though, since Cyborg's minifigure is based on his appearance as a JL member in the New 52, not as a member of the Titans on the TV show. They could make a new version of him, though, and recolor his helmet in light blue...

Edited by 8BrickMario

They could, but just using a regular hood would look a lot better IMO, plus it's more recognizable. Or, they could do both, hood down and hood up.

But Raven doesn't wear a hoodie. She wears a cloak. The Wyldstyle hood wouldn't look good on her, and she's most recognized with the hood up, eyes in shadow and glowing.

If she is an SDCC minifigure, it's a guarantee she won't stay that way. Arrow and Green Lantern appeared in the JL wave based on the comics after the exclusive versions (movie and TV show designs) were released. If Raven's an SDCC exclusive, maybe a TTG version would be in sets afterward to keep the team's designs cohesive. It could go both ways, though, since Cyborg's minifigure is based on his appearance as a JL member in the New 52, not as a member of the Titans on the TV show. They could make a new version of him, though, and recolor his helmet in light blue...

Raven has had her hood down and her hair showing, but the up hood is the way to go.

So we'd be going from no Raven to two Ravens? The more the merrier I guess. The TTG definitely makes the most sense - it's the way most kids (Lego's target audience) and people in general know her, plus it would work better with the versions of the Titans we have. I think DC insisted on having Cyborg be new 52 style just so he can be associated with the Justice League like he is in the current comics and upcoming movies instead of the Teen Titans. Or, who knows, maybe we'll get another version later (Electro, anyone).

Okay, I'm scared. I know I'm too late to be saved when I'm defending how Raven should be designed as a minifigure ("No she needs her hood up").

I can't help it, though. She's cool, an interesting character, and a potentially great minifigure. I guess my obsession with collecting as many comic-based DC figs as possible is still here. Now that I've got a complete JL for now, I guess I'll campaign for a complete set of Teen Titans (and more Bat-rogues, please)!

Okay, I'm scared. I know I'm too late to be saved when I'm defending how Raven should be designed as a minifigure ("No she needs her hood up").

I can't help it, though. She's cool, an interesting character, and a potentially great minifigure. I guess my obsession with collecting as many comic-based DC figs as possible is still here. Now that I've got a complete JL for now, I guess I'll campaign for a complete set of Teen Titans (and more Bat-rogues, please)!

Wow, I must really be doomed then (but I don't care).

I guess there's just no pleasing us, is there. :grin::laugh: More Rogues would be great too, while we're on the subject. :wink:

Well, we are getting Trickster. Now to get Reverse Flash and Mirror Master (for the latter, I see a set with a ton of chromed stickers!)

Well, we are getting Trickster. Now to get Reverse Flash and Mirror Master (for the latter, I see a set with a ton of chromed stickers!)

Of course chromed stickers, Lego hates printing on pieces. :hmpf_bad:

Don't forget Heatwave, Weather Wizard, Pied Piper, and Captain Boomerang (my other obsession besides Raven).

I could see us getting Boomer at the very least next year with the rest of the squad (unless they pull another Raven on us :damn:).

Wow! Just saw the pictures of the sets on Brickset ( yea, I know, late to the party).

The thing I'm most surprised about is the New 52 Dick Grayson Robin in the Batboat set. I mean, that suit has only been used in what, two comics? But I definitely am excited, as I am a big Robin fan.

Another observation is that while the figs are fantastic, this line's builds just don't appeal to me anymore. I'd much rather just build my own MOCs (I guess that was redundant) and just buy the figs off of Ebay or Bricklink. :shrug:

But hey, that's just my opinion.

Edited by Robin Creations

I'm sure we're getting a Raven sooner or later. DC knows how popular Raven is. Lego knows. Everyone knows. I'm sure they have a plan. I'm praying it isn't one of those cubes, because I live about an hour away from a Target and they never have those in stock. I wonder if Starfire's inclusion has anything to do with her getting a solo title (with a much less revealing costume, one not that dissimilar to her costume in Teen Titans)? Starfire and Raven would basically be interchangeable in that set, as I imagine they'd do her powers the same way. Less parts to make Starfire, though. They've gotta have something sinister planned for her.

Wow! Just saw the pictures of the sets on Brickset ( yea, I know, late to the party).

The thing I'm most surprised about is the New 52 Dick Grayson Robin in the Batboat set. I mean, that suit has only been used in what, two comics? But I definitely am excited, as I am a big Robin fan.

Another observation is that while the figs are fantastic, this line's builds just don't appeal to me anymore. I'd much rather just build my own MOCs (I guess that was redundant) and just buy the figs off of Ebay or Bricklink. :shrug:

But hey, that's just my opinion.

Wait, you forgot to mention Raven. :grin:

I'm sure we're getting a Raven sooner or later. DC knows how popular Raven is. Lego knows. Everyone knows. I'm sure they have a plan. I'm praying it isn't one of those cubes, because I live about an hour away from a Target and they never have those in stock. I wonder if Starfire's inclusion has anything to do with her getting a solo title (with a much less revealing costume, one not that dissimilar to her costume in Teen Titans)? Starfire and Raven would basically be interchangeable in that set, as I imagine they'd do her powers the same way. Less parts to make Starfire, though. They've gotta have something sinister planned for her.

By sinister, I assume you mean SDCC exclusive. I don't like those Target cubes either, but it would be better than that.

Hang on, we still don't know what is up with 76033... what if :excited:. It's extremely farfetched and basically impossible, but I can still dream.

What if Lego truly goes evil and gives us... NEW 52 RAVEN!!! :devil_laugh:

I think Lego knows the Teen Titans Go version is the most recognizable by fans and non-fans alike. DC better not mess it up by insisting Lego go that route.

Of course chromed stickers, Lego hates printing on pieces. :hmpf_bad:

Don't forget Heatwave, Weather Wizard, Pied Piper, and Captain Boomerang (my other obsession besides Raven).

I could see us getting Boomer at the very least next year with the rest of the squad (unless they pull another Raven on us :damn:).

I'd say Captain Boomerang is the next logical Rogue for us to get. Heatwave and Mirror Master aren't too unlikely either, especially since they wouldn't need any headpieces or capes or anything, just guns. Reverse Flash would make a lot of sense, too, since he'd get them some more mileage out of that cowl piece.

That's a LOT of discussion about a DC character called Raven. I take it we're not talking about this Raven then?

Raven_Earth-Two.png

I can see why the other one is popular. Doesn't she get awfully cold in her outfit?

She's got powers. She doesn't care about temperature. Either that, or the artists have no concern for Raven's well-being and decided to forgo realism.

I wonder how they would make a boomerang piece for Captain Boomerang. Would it be like the banana with a bar on the end, just flat?