Ezekiel2517

DC Superheroes 2015 Rumors & Discussions

That Mad Scientist torso and legs would make a good purist Hugo Strange. But I hope that that kind of arm printing can be on Batman one day, it looks REALLY good!

20141119153533!Cheetah_II.JPG

Depends on the version. This does seem more akin to '66 Catwoman, though.

Is that Mad Scientist the first time we've gotten gloves molded onto the arms like that? (Y'know, opposite sleeves?)

If they don't use that for Ivy, it'd be a wasted mold, imo. Unless they plan on making Lego Little Shop of Horrors, there's pretty much no other use. (I guess Scooby-Doo could though)

Yes, I believe so. I don't see why it couldn't be just a one use mold, they've done hat before in this line. The Scooby Doo mansion just uses a brick built plant. (Also, I can't believe I mistook that Venus Fly Trap Suit Person for a Frog Suit Person.)

When I first saw the pictures, the cheetah girl was the first one I noticed. but i do see how the hair of the zombie girl and hers can be used for the others. Hopefully we'll know for sure next Wednesday.

Yes, hopefully.

The hairpiece is awesome for this incatnation for catwoman :)

So we've moved onto cat jokes now? Purrfect! :grin:

Edited by psqidexslizer248

The hairpiece is awesome for this incatnation for catwoman :)

85f7c2c36e6e383d552ce9913d0b22e0.jpg

Something tells me that there's gonna be a 60s Catwoman figure for Comic Con

Who knows? :tongue:

-Sci

Yes, I believe so. I don't see why it couldn't be just a one use mold, they've done hat before in this line. The Scooby Doo mansion just uses a brick built plant. (Also, I can't believe I mistook that Venus Fly Trap Suit Person for a Frog Suit Person.)

That's just too perfect a part not to be used for that. I'm sure if they don't, the MOC crowd would buy those things in spades for Ivy.

Something tells me that there's gonna be a 60s Catwoman figure for Comic Con

Who knows? :tongue:

-Sci

That would be fine by me; much rather have her than some new character, say, Raven for example (just picked a random DC character name off of the top of my head. :grin::laugh: I don't have any sort of unhealthy obsession with getting Raven or anything like that :grin:. Now Captain Boomerang on the other hand...).

That's just too perfect a part not to be used for that. I'm sure if they don't, the MOC crowd would buy those things in spades for Ivy.

That's probably Lego's plan :grin:. We'll wait and see.

Oh my gosh, http://toynewsi.com/ig.php?mode=view&album=Lego%2FScooby_Doo&pic=Scooby_Doo_Lego01.jpg&dispsize=600&start=0&sl=24093 anyone else see those zombie hands that happen to be in a new color that screams perfect for a green skinned Poison Ivy?! Sorry, got carried away there.

That would be fine by me; much rather have her than some new character, say, Raven for example (just picked a random DC character name off of the top of my head. :grin::laugh: I don't have any sort of unhealthy obsession with getting Raven or anything like that :grin:. Now Captain Boomerang on the other hand...).

That's probably Lego's plan :grin:. We'll wait and see.

Oh my gosh, http://toynewsi.com/ig.php?mode=view&album=Lego%2FScooby_Doo&pic=Scooby_Doo_Lego01.jpg&dispsize=600&start=0&sl=24093 anyone else see those zombie hands that happen to be in a new color that screams perfect for a green skinned Poison Ivy?! Sorry, got carried away there.

What about Shaggy's sleeves? They'd be fine for a custom classic Robin.

What about Shaggy's sleeves? They'd be fine for a custom classic Robin.

Eh, I guess, I just don't think lime green would look good. But, since they still haven't done two toned flesh arms with green sleeves...

Really though, I was just saying the hands could be indication of some sort, that's all.

Oh man, you guys are not going to believe this!!! Look at the wolfman's legs: http://www.hothbricks.com/2015/01/71010-collectible-minifigures-series-14-premieres-images/, see that dark line in the grey part which indicates the printing stops halfway down? Or even the pirate captain printed leg, notice how it looks like only the top half is printed on? Lego has stared doing two toned legs!!!! Hopefully this means more boots (Flash) and better boots (I'm looking at you Green Lantern and Sinestro) for this theme!

Edit: It can't be any printing error on the figures: the line where the printing stops on each of those figures is at the same height.

Oh man, you guys are not going to believe this!!! Look at the wolfman's legs: http://www.hothbrick...emieres-images/, see that dark line in the grey part which indicates the printing stops halfway down? Or even the pirate captain printed leg, notice how it looks like only the top half is printed on? Lego has stared doing two toned legs!!!! Hopefully this means more boots (Flash) and better boots (I'm looking at you Green Lantern and Sinestro) for this theme!

Do you mean like the short sleeve arms that we're getting now, With two different molds?

Pretty sure that's what Jokerland Batman's boots looked like - a clean, solid split of grey for the legs, and black for the boots. About the same height too.

Batman, for me, is the last on the list that needs boots in the super heroes theme... Flash and Cap. Cold should be the ones with boots...or at least Superman.

Edited by KCMatze

I think that might be a creative way to work around change budgets - creating a new piece in a line that has a lot of leeway for new molds so that it can be reused later without counting toward the limited number of allowable new parts.

It could also be a way to get around the pieces being officially licensed pieces so they can be used again later in other lines (unlike the LotR Elf hair).

I'm thinking the fly trap guys head piece would be great for a Poison Ivy goon or as part of the vegetation in the Jokerland set.

The fly trap guy body and headpiece would be great but I think it might look better with this head assuming the mouth lines up correctly

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemPic.asp?P=3626bpb0501

I don't know why people keep saying that that hairpiece is for Cheetah, she doesn't have big ears. She's basically a normal cheetah-skinned human...with a tail.

That hairpiece is definitely for a 60's Catwoman. She goes with the 60's Batman and Robin.

Cheetah has had many looks over the years including looking like cat person:

https://www.google.com/search?q=dc+comics+cheetah&biw=1501&bih=659&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=SNrCVJG-LPOLsQSWkYGwDA&sqi=2&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAg

I'm all for that hair piece being used for both '66 Catwoman and Cheetah.

Pretty sure that's what Jokerland Batman's boots looked like - a clean, solid split of grey for the legs, and black for the boots. About the same height too.

:drool:

I agree that there are other characters that need it more, but I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth, either....

Edit: I doubt that that hairpiece is for Cheetah though, unless they go with the out-of continuity Debbie Domaine version which seems incredibly unlikely. I don't think they would create a new mold for her, when Elizabeth Swann's would work perfectly fine (even though they would use Elsa Schnieder's anyway :P ). Besides, I have never seen Barbara Minerva with ears on top of her head. It is perfect for 60s Catwoman though.... :purrr:

Edited by Super Fish Oil

These new mini figs look pretty good, but as others have said, as soon as I saw them I was thinking "awesome parts for our superhero figs". I am excited, I know it has been mentioned already, but the plant/flytrap guy will be PERFECT for poison Ivy goons, and we basically are almost literally getting a Cheetah mini figure, NICE. Personally, I have been using the mini figure sized Hulk shirtless, green torsos, and the Hulk heads with various plant pieces on top, as Ivys goons. They work well, and I have a variety between the different plant pieces and regular and short green legs, but having more variety with these new Fly trap plant guys is quite welcomed.

I am digging these pics and we havnt even seen them all yet.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing after I realized they are doing two toned legs (finally).

Was there anybody else you saw who might have had two-toned legs?

<br />

Batman, for me, is the last on the list that needs boots in the super heroes theme... Flash and Cap. Cold should be the ones with boots...or at least Superman.

Agreed, but Lego will get a lot more use out of it then they would for Flash or Captain Cold anybody else, and not just in the Super Heroes theme. Plus, they didn't have two toned legs yet when Cold and Flash came out.

If you look at the pics of the Mystery Mansion that's coming out in the summer for the Scooby line, it looks like the left half of it is a greenhouse of sorts. This could be used as a hideout for Poison Ivy, or at least an idea on making one for her. Plus it has the brick built monster plant, and that pumpkin head, and with the new plant guy mini figure, Poison Ivy is getting a lot of cool pieces this year.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing after I realized they are doing two toned legs (finally).

Was there anybody else you saw who might have had two-toned legs?

Possibly the Robin in the Batboat set but I can't be sure. Hopefully we'll see prelims soon as they're starting to emerge for other themes...

Possibly the Robin in the Batboat set but I can't be sure. Hopefully we'll see prelims soon as they're starting to emerge for other themes...

Thanks. Yeah, pictures of any sort would be fantastic (especially if... you guys know the rest).

You know, Poison Ivy was pretty lucky last year, since the curled grass and rubber beanstalk pieces were created, too, The Hero Factory cocoons could also be used as freakish plants.

You know, Poison Ivy was pretty lucky last year, since the curled grass and rubber beanstalk pieces were created, too, The Hero Factory cocoons could also be used as freakish plants.

Completely forgot about those. Man, Lego has a lot of pieces to choose from.