Ezekiel2517

DC Superheroes 2015 Rumors & Discussions

I'd say that the Gorilla Grodd set is somewhat built on the Flash TV show's popularity, as I don't imagine us getting a set with 2 Flash rogues otherwise. I'd say we'll get more Flash-centric sets than usual now, but not too many. The likelihood of the show getting sets itself is still pretty unlikely at this point, unless they just made a set with TV variants of Flash and Green Arrow against traditional Captain Boomerang or Deathstroke or something. This sounds like the kind of thing that Ideas would go for, though, hint hint.

Well I don't think it has anything to do with Flash tv serie. They can't just make every set with a Batman or Supes villain.

The 'Black Manta' set looks good, weakened only by the addition of Batman and a Bat-sub that seem to be here only to bump the price. Could easily have been a set like the Green Lantern set and sold for $19.95

The 'Gorilla Grodd' set also suffers from this with a dumb robot Batman to hog up the piece count and bump up the price. This could have easily been a $19.95 set with Gorilla Grodd, Wonder Woman and the mini-invisible jet. Gorilla Grodd's figure also appears to lack the printing shown on the box.

The 'Darkseid Invasion' set looks great, no interest in getting it though as I already have enough massive jets. The Darkseid figure looks 'alright' but not as good as I hoped.

The 'Green Lantern' set is perfect other than once again having Batman.

The 'Braniac Attack' set looks great.

---

Overall most of these sets are ruined by Batman being forced into them. I know a few new outfits might entice some people however to me it looks like a forced way to bump the price. Not what I was hoping this line to be filled with and a rather disappointing addition to most the set. The 'big figs' lack detail, being made of one or two colours only.

Edited by Scarilian

Well I don't think it has anything to do with Flash tv serie. They can't just make every set with a Batman or Supes villain.

Oh no, they could. They've done it for the past waves, they could've done it again. Plus Gorilla Grodd could've easily been teamed up with any number of other villains, or skipped over entirely. It would've been just as easy to make a set with Solomon Grundy and Killer Frost. Plus the banana truck driver has a head and hairpiece perfect for Grant Gustin's Flash. Not to mention, the Flash's two most hyped villains are Grodd and Captain Cold.

Oh no, they could. They've done it for the past waves, they could've done it again. Plus Gorilla Grodd could've easily been teamed up with any number of other villains, or skipped over entirely. It would've been just as easy to make a set with Solomon Grundy and Killer Frost. Plus the banana truck driver has a head and hairpiece perfect for Grant Gustin's Flash. Not to mention, the Flash's two most hyped villains are Grodd and Captain Cold.

If they are making sets based off the Flash TV series then why haven't they made any based off the Arrow TV series? Not sure what kind of ratings it has been pulling in but since it has been around for a few years I'm guessing it is doing good enough to keep going.

My guess is that these sets are based of Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham and that Batman is included with most of the sets for character recognition with parents (who will be paying for most of the copies of these sets that sell).

While, in my opinion, Batman is the most important (and some could say the most "powerful") character in the DC comic universe, I would like to see Warner Brothers allow Lego to make more characters from the DC universe (or at least from the DC TV shows). Hopefully with the Titans series coming to TNT we'll see some Teen Titan characters in Lego form in the future.

If they are making sets based off the Flash TV series then why haven't they made any based off the Arrow TV series? Not sure what kind of ratings it has been pulling in but since it has been around for a few years I'm guessing it is doing good enough to keep going.

My guess is that these sets are based of Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham and that Batman is included with most of the sets for character recognition with parents (who will be paying for most of the copies of these sets that sell).

While, in my opinion, Batman is the most important (and some could say the most "powerful") character in the DC comic universe, I would like to see Warner Brothers allow Lego to make more characters from the DC universe (or at least from the DC TV shows). Hopefully with the Titans series coming to TNT we'll see some Teen Titan characters in Lego form in the future.

I want some teen titans too, preferably from the cartoon series, but I'll take what I can get.

Just wondering, anyone seen the new sets out at all? It's probably too early to be asking, but just wondering...

15807676489_5f633eba0e_z.jpg

Please tell me you have more??????

Just that one set, for now. :sad:

But still, it's a very fun set! Review, pictures, and everything up by 10:30 PM EST tonight.

Edited by just2good

Guess I'm going to check my Toys R Us tomorrow! :grin:

Grodd looks great, and so does the movie faced Batman! FYI, for those who may not know, if you buy sets from Toys R Us early, such as these new DC sets, they won't be marked up yet--Toys R Us generally puts the new sets out before the street date with their normal price, and only jack up the cost once everyone else starts selling them. :wacko: But, the plus being you can get the sets early without paying more!

But still, it's a very fun set! Review, pictures, and everything up by 10:30 PM EST tonight.

Thanks, I can hardly wait. In fact, I might even go BANANNAS. Yes, its lame, but I couldn't resist.

Wait, everything else is at the right price, but the Darkseid is $70 instead of the expected $60. I know there is a lot of new molded pieces in it, but dang. Might have to get the figures (I love the look of all of them) on BL.

Wait, everything else is at the right price, but the Darkseid is $70 instead of the expected $60. I know there is a lot of new molded pieces in it, but dang. Might have to get the figures (I love the look of all of them) on BL.

Grodd is also $49.99 instead of the expected $39.99. Edit: The $39.99 some of us expected, the price expectancy for all the sets except the GL one were inconsistent from person to person.

Edited by psqidexslizer248

Grodd is also $49.99 instead of the expected $39.99. Edit: The $39.99 some of us expected, the price expectancy for all the sets except the GL one were inconsistent from person to person.

Well either way, though I like the set, I'm not dropping $70 for it.

I, however, am looking forward to the rest of them. Also, if Brainiac was TRU exclusive, would we've seen them on the website, too? Because I have no idea.

Well either way, though I like the set, I'm not dropping $70 for it.

I, however, am looking forward to the rest of them. Also, if Brainiac was TRU exclusive, would we've seen them on the website, too? Because I have no idea.

The Joker Funhouse (the only other TRU exclusive I can think of for this theme) appeared on the TRU website later than the other sets in that wave, though I cant remember how much later.

The Joker Funhouse (the only other TRU exclusive I can think of for this theme) appeared on the TRU website later than the other sets in that wave, though I cant remember how much later.

Cool. Thanks!

Hopefully won't be too long.

Cool. Thanks!

Hopefully won't be too long.

Also, the Funhouse was at S@H when the rest of that wave was and was releaesed the same time. Not sure how Brainiac will play out, but we can hope.

Do you think the video will be up soon???