Ezekiel2517

DC Superheroes 2015 Rumors & Discussions

Its really funny looking at the character designs for the NOT Suicide Squad and they all have bombs around their necks! Funny how this is unexpected since LEGO is kid friendly, this just shocked me much like when I saw the Heath Ledger figure!

(I'm not complaining though, just surprised)

Its really funny looking at the character designs for the NOT Suicide Squad and they all have bombs around their necks! Funny how this is unexpected since LEGO is kid friendly, this just shocked me much like when I saw the Heath Ledger figure!

(I'm not complaining though, just surprised)

Who said it was bombs, could be anything. sleeping gas?

How different is the color than the Starlord GOTG figure hair? I was thinking maybe Jurassic World hair?

Ugh, sometimes the fact that LEGO is kid friendly kinda gets on my nerves...I guess it's just because I'm and adult and an avid comic fan...but yeah, Task Force X sounds WAY cooler than "The Squad." Sounds like a bunch of twelve year-olds on Instagram or something... :hmpf_bad:

Ugh, sometimes the fact that LEGO is kid friendly kinda gets on my nerves...I guess it's just because I'm and adult and an avid comic fan...but yeah, Task Force X sounds WAY cooler than "The Squad." Sounds like a bunch of twelve year-olds on Instagram or something... :hmpf_bad:

I find it more annoying how illogical (probably not the best word, my apologies) they can be in their kid friendly pursuit. They are fine with the bombs around the characters necks and having them smash each other to pieces with deadly weapons but won't allow the word suicide to be used. On a related note, I love how they started making guns that actually shoot, because somehow that is better than the non-shooting ones that slightly resemble actual (and in most instances outdated) guns :hmpf_bad:.

Edited by psqidexslizer248

Funny, I never knew LEGO was kid friendly ? :laugh:

Oh, wait I had town sets back in 1980 when I was a kid, but I do understand your point......some sets do seem a little childish.....though watch some Adam West Batman and you might see a connection with childish/childlike. :wink:

I agree the new Space Batman is just awesome, though remember when commenting about his head printing it is a outer spacesuit he is wearing. :wink:

Found about 30-ish minifigure cubes at target last night. They were on an endcap about six aisles from the Lego stuff, almost in another department.

Four minifigures of some licensed variety for $15 is a pretty good deal.

I managed to order one with the free shipping to a friends house who is shipping it to me in the UK.

Looking forward to it!

Deathstroke, Deadshot, Captain Boomerang and Harley Quinn look great. Maybe once the movie comes out these will find their way into a set (or sets). Is the shirtless guy supposed to be Bronze Tiger or someone else?

I like the silver cowl but the white body just doesn't look right to me. Looks like some part swapping in my future.

Deathstroke, Deadshot, Captain Boomerang and Harley Quinn look great. Maybe once the movie comes out these will find their way into a set (or sets). Is the shirtless guy supposed to be Bronze Tiger or someone else?

The shirtless guy is El Diablo.

Who said it was bombs, could be anything. sleeping gas?

Or even simpler than that, just tracking collars.

Surprised they didn't use Task Force X for the name like they do on Arrow and if I remember correctly on the Justice League Unlimited series. Any screen shots of The Squad?

They did use the name task force X on JLU, but they used it pretty interchangeably with the suicide squad on Arrow. The episode where the team debuted in Arrow was even called Suicide Squad, and they reference it as such at least once in the episode. It makes sense as Arrow is a more adult show and definitely shouldn't have any problem with the word suicide. It kinda follows the trend as JLU was a cartoon specifically aimed at kids so it uses Task Force X and Arrow the more mature show uses Suicide Squad. I agree that "the squad" was a pretty bad compromise for it as they could have easily used the Task Force X title as others have previously. I am just hoping that maybe only the DLC is called the Squad and that they don't actually refer to themselves as such in the game.

Hoping that Lego DC continues with the trend in 2015's sets with many more characters/locations, I would hope that we may get some of those Suicide Squad figures, specifically Amanda Waller, Deathstroke, and Captain Boomerang.

For other peoples opinions, its also a few pages back and my view is, its possible but with BvS coming out the same year I'm not certain we will get sets for both. Also theirs the issue of 'Suicide' in the title and as the market is parents buying for their children that could be a problem.

this is possible but they have other names like "task force X"

They did use the name task force X on JLU, but they used it pretty interchangeably with the suicide squad on Arrow. The episode where the team debuted in Arrow was even called Suicide Squad, and they reference it as such at least once in the episode. It makes sense as Arrow is a more adult show and definitely shouldn't have any problem with the word suicide. It kinda follows the trend as JLU was a cartoon specifically aimed at kids so it uses Task Force X and Arrow the more mature show uses Suicide Squad. I agree that "the squad" was a pretty bad compromise for it as they could have easily used the Task Force X title as others have previously. I am just hoping that maybe only the DLC is called the Squad and that they don't actually refer to themselves as such in the game.

Hoping that Lego DC continues with the trend in 2015's sets with many more characters/locations, I would hope that we may get some of those Suicide Squad figures, specifically Amanda Waller, Deathstroke, and Captain Boomerang.

They refer to it as the Suicide Squad only unofficially. Practically any time someone calls it that, it's always either "...with Task Force X." "You mean the Suicide Squad!?!?!?!" or "...the Suicide Squad." "TASK. FORCE. X." It's sort of fitting the way they make it an unofficial name, just like how all of the villains' identities on Arrow and Flash all come from outside sources. (I kinda wish more of them came up with their own villain names. It's like how in movies, superheroes always get their names from news reporters. "If they're calling that guy the Flash, and I'm gonna kick his ###, I should have a cool name, too!" <-- Logic)

I'd say the movies will do something similar, making them formally known as Task Force X but whenever someone wants to make a point or be blunt they'll be all "This isn't a task force, it's a suicide squad!" Lego could just as easily get by with giving us a set with some members called "Task Force X vs. Batman" or something.

Do you guys think we will see Suicide Squad sets to go alongside the movie?

People have kinda already been talking about it right above your post...

So I've heard that last year and the year before some of the new sets came out early like at the start of December towards mid-December, rather than waiting for their original January release. Does anyone know the most likely place in the UK that they could come out early? I was thinking if not the Official Lego Shop, then probably Toys R Us or Argos?

So I've heard that last year and the year before some of the new sets came out early like at the start of December towards mid-December, rather than waiting for their original January release. Does anyone know the most likely place in the UK that they could come out early? I was thinking if not the Official Lego Shop, then probably Toys R Us or Argos?

I would assume that on or after December 20th, The LEGO Store will have the sets in stock, and then after Christmas, TRU, and in January, everywhere else. But I'm probably wrong lol.