Ezekiel2517

DC Superheroes 2015 Rumors & Discussions

I heard that they're revealing the sets tomorrow, is this correct?

Whoa!!! Who told you that? *huh**oh2*

Edited by Legocity2713

I heard that they're revealing the sets tomorrow, is this correct?

Where did you hear this?

...an insider source?!

I hope so, I really want to see the "Superman-buster" armour and the new batmobile.

Where did you hear this?

...an insider source?!

I hope so, I really want to see the "Superman-buster" armour and the new batmobile.

Nah, I heard that they'll be shown off tomorrow because someone messaged me saying Comic Book Movie or one of those sites said so because of licensing expo going on. Not an inside source or anything, so don't get all y'all's hopes to high.

Edited by just2good

Well, I guess the January wave next year will be B>S, the spring will be Civil War, and Summer will be split... sort of like this year.

I suspect we'll see our first B>S set at SDCC; if anything is revealed tommorow it'll probably be set names and prices at best.

BvS Merch will arrive 8 weeks before the film.

Wonder woman will be heavily featured.

http://www.comicbook...re-wonder-woman

Wait, the article says that mechandise will start arriving 8 weeks prior, not that all merchandise will arrive 8 weeks prior - though I do think the sets will be out 8 weeks prior.

Edited by psqidexslizer248

I think we will see at least a preview of some BvS minifigures tomorrow considering the fact that they've had these ready for almost a year.

Hopefully the figures look nice, and are not too dreary. I feel like this wave will be nothing but shades of grey and black like the MoS wave--and that's really hard to get excited about, especially when it takes the place of comic sets (which provided our arguably best DC wave ever). The brooding grey gets tiring after two sets. I would be happy if we ended up with a Leto Joker however, mostly for the hair piece. I'm not a fan whatsoever of the character design, but I think the swooshed back Dooku hair in lime green would look spectacular.

It'd be sorta strange to see sets so far in advance, though? I'd say if we see them it'll either be at SDCC or sometime near December. I almost had to ask why nothing's leaked yet, but I figure Warner Brothers is keeping these sets under such tight security that Ray Palmer couldn't squeeze his way in.

Speaking of the Atom, with the new Legends of Tomorrow series coming early next year, do you think any of our comic-based sets will include Atom, Hawkgirl, Firestorm, or Black Canary, similar to the way that this year's wave included a Flash-focused set and Green Arrow? Black Canary, Atom, and Firestorm seem most likely of the four, since Hawkgirl would require a new helmet mold and I'd say a lot of the budget for these things will be spent on Batman v Superman.

(Also: I am aware that Legends of Tomorrow features White Canary, not Black Canary, but I find it kind of doubtful that Lego would give us the very-obscure White Canary before fan-favorite Black Canary.)

Hopefully the figures look nice, and are not too dreary. I feel like this wave will be nothing but shades of grey and black like the MoS wave--and that's really hard to get excited about, especially when it takes the place of comic sets (which provided our arguably best DC wave ever). The brooding grey gets tiring after two sets. I would be happy if we ended up with a Leto Joker however, mostly for the hair piece. I'm not a fan whatsoever of the character design, but I think the swooshed back Dooku hair in lime green would look spectacular.

I'd say things will be about as drab as ever, now that they're likely going to have to make devote sets to the dark grey Batmobile and dark grey Batwing. I'd say Wonder Woman will have some color to her, and Superman will be nearly the same as the Man of Steel version, but the builds themselves will probably stay pretty dull in terms of color. (crossing my fingers that the Flash movie is just as colorful as it ought to be! Come on, Miller and Lord! I believe in you!)

and Superman will be nearly the same as the Man of Steel version, but the builds themselves will probably stay pretty dull in terms of color.

At least they brightened the suit a lot this time and most of the scenes from the trailer that have him in it have bright lights in the scenery around him, while Bats's scenes are the polar opposite (as they should be).

Edited by TDKR2012

I think we will see at least a preview of some BvS minifigures tomorrow considering the fact that they've had these ready for almost a year.

Seems a bit early, but I would be super excited if that did happen.

Unless they went with regular green, which IMO looks closer to the actual color of Leto's Joker's hair.

Ite sorta strange to see sets so far in advance, though? I'd say if we see them it'll either be at SDCC or sometime near December. I almost had to ask why nothing's leaked yet, but I figure Warner Brothers is keeping these sets under such tight security that Ray Palmer couldn't squeeze his way in.

Speaking of the Atom, with the new Legends of Tomorrow series coming early next year, do you think any of our comic-based sets will include Atom, Hawkgirl, Firestorm, or Black Canary, similar to the way that this year's wave included a Flash-focused set and Green Arrow? Black Canary, Atom, and Firestorm seem most likely of the four, since Hawkgirl would require a new helmet mold and I'd say a lot of the budget for these things will be spent on Batman v Superman.

(Also: I am aware that Legends of Tomorrow features White Canary, not Black Canary, but I find it kind of doubtful that Lego would give us the very-obscure White Canary before fan-favorite Black Canary.)

I'd say things will be about as drab as ever, now that they're likely going to have to make devote sets to the dark grey Batmobile and dark grey Batwing. I'd say Wonder Woman will have some color to her, and Superman will be nearly the same as the Man of Steel version, but the builds themselves will probably stay pretty dull in terms of color. (crossing my fingers that the Flash movie is just as colorful as it ought to be! Come on, Miller and Lord! I believe in you!)

I'm not sure we'll get any comic sets next year - looks to me like we'll get BATMAN ft. superman in January and Suicide Squad in the summer.

I just hope Superman gets a different suit. It will be boring if he has the exact one from MOS.

Don't worry, I'm sure they'll change the belt buckle. :grin:

Seriously though, we might finally be seeing Superman with boots. As far as seeing the sets tommorow, wouldn't WB want to avoid spoiling anything this early, about the movie? I really think we're going to see a list of generic set names with accompanying prices if we get anything at all.

We get the second wave of Summer sets in August.

EDIT: I know it would be complicated/expensive to print the hair and the ties (4 different sections of different colors), but do you think it would be conceivable to print this piece in a split color scheme for Harley? Or would it be more likely for it to be blonde with fading pigtails like the movie or Arkham versions? I love the piece, and I might have to recolor it when S14 comes out, but I wonder if it would be possible for LEGO to do so (and to know if they're justified in using the hat).

jSzmFDQ.png

Edited by 8BrickMario

EDIT: I know it would be complicated/expensive to print the hair and the ties (4 different sections of different colors), but do you think it would be conceivable to print this piece in a split color scheme for Harley? Or would it be more likely for it to be blonde with fading pigtails like the movie or Arkham versions? I love the piece, and I might have to recolor it when S14 comes out, but I wonder if it would be possible for LEGO to do so (and to know if they're justified in using the hat).

I'm sure that if Lego intends to use that hairpeice for Harley in the future, they will have made a way to do so; but, whether they'd go more comic root (see what I did there?) or Arkham and movie style is anybody's guess.

So, as far as the BATMAN Beats superman sets being revealed today, should I just assume that they weren't actually revealed or that everyone who saw them become so mesmerizing by them they can do nothing but keep staring at them?

jSzmFDQ.png

ok. Are the Scooby sets still coming out in august? How soon before the release dates do lego sets become available for preorder?

I wouldn't say it's unreasonable to think it might happen, look at the Elves Hair pieces, they have a gradient colour with flesh coloured ears. Not saying I'm expecting this to happen but I could see it happening.

I know, it's not an official LEGO minifigure, but I really like this Harley Quinn except the hair piece isn't perfect. (via eBay)

$_12.JPG

I think the gradient is made possible by the Elves' rubber hair, though. But I could see them putting more effort into a red/black split if they really wanted to.