Ezekiel2517

DC Superheroes 2015 Rumors & Discussions

I would love Flash sets based on the show!

Oh, and Best Buy Canada listed the summer sets here. Towards the middle of the page.

I would love sets based on any aspect of the DC universe we haven't seen in Lego form yet :classic:

So I totally support "Flash sets based on the show" :wink:

I just saw a DC video on a collectible Mera statue and I thought it would be very nice to get a Mera Minifigure :classic:

EDIT:

Typos corrected.

Edited by BrickSev

I would love sets based on any aspect of the DC universe we haven't seen in Lego form yet :classic:

So I totally support "Flash sets based on the show" :wink:

I just saw a DC video on a collectible Mera statue and I thought it would be very nice to get a Mera Minifigure :classic:

Besides the Flash, I wouldn't mind seeing some sets based on Arrow as well.

Hopefully this last wave of DC sets was the first step towards an expanded DC Universe theme.

After seeing most the character designs for the Batman: Beyond Gotham game, I would love to see DC bring those to life as actual Lego minifigures and sets. It seems like they have so much available that they could keep a DCU theme going for quite a while without too much trouble.

Hopefully this last wave of DC sets was the first step towards an expanded DC Universe theme.

After seeing most the character designs for the Batman: Beyond Gotham game, I would love to see DC bring those to life as actual Lego minifigures and sets. It seems like they have so much available that they could keep a DCU theme going for quite a while without too much trouble.

I could only pray that we'd get enough of the Justice League to resemble something closer to JLU or Batman: The Brave and the Bold. A good variety of fun B and C list heroes like Booster Gold, Stargirl, and Vibe. LB3's batch of heroes is by far and away the best way to go for them, but with the DCCU finally taking off next year, we're not likely to see too many comic-based sets for awhile. Here's hoping we at least get Atom, Shazam, Red Tornado, and Hawkgirl before long. It's not like anybody but Hawkgirl needs new molds anyway.

Indeed :classic:

Like I said I'd welcome any set that brings more DCU into Lego world :classic:

Unless they run into license problems etc they could indeed make the DC a long running theme like Star Wars. So much potential for amazing sets :classic:

I feel like DC specifically could benefit from a CMF series. I know Marvel can't, since their action figure licensing is tied up somewhere else, but Lego's had no problem giving DC focus when it comes to merchandising outside of sets. Marvel hasn't had any of those clocks or keyrings and such, and is getting its first S@H exclusive later this year, not to mention the starring role DC's gotten in the Lego Movie and Dimensions while Marvel was nowhere to be found. DC could probably do it if they wanted to.

Lego have the rights to, and can produce, a CMF line for DC. There's absolutely nothing stopping them. No rules about action figures, no mini builds required, they're absolutely in their right to just release Minifigures on their own.

Lego have the rights to, and can produce, a CMF line for DC. There's absolutely nothing stopping them. No rules about action figures, no mini builds required, they're absolutely in their right to just release Minifigures on their own.

Soudns like you are just saying things you think. Have u got a source?

Soudns like you are just saying things you think. Have u got a source?

I could give you an example?

The Funko Pop figures or the Mystery Minis, they make DC ones and they make marvel ones.

The DC ones are solid figures with maybe articulation in the head.

The Marvel ones are bobble heads.

The reason behind this is that Hasbro has exclusive rights to marvel action figures but with DC anyone can make a DC figure, with the correct licensing of course.

The same applies for star wars, lego are unable to produce star wars sets that only have minifigures, there must be a building aspect to them.

So right now DC is arguably the biggest lisence Lego has available to put in a CMF line compared to Marvel or Star Wars as they just don't have the rights to make "action figures" based on those properties.

Does that make any sense?

Any chance of sets next year based on this?: https://www.youtube....h?v=4MubNoWQiSc looks like it has potential to be quite a large thing for DC, plus lots of characters and scenarios to choose from!

I really doubt it, but I hope they will. Looks very exciting, plus I really want a

Vandal Savage

minifigure, and this could be the perfect opportunity.

If we do end up getting a DC CMF Series, I just hope we'll get a bunch of lesser known characters, and not just a bunch of characters we can already get in sets with different designs.

I could give you an example?

The Funko Pop figures or the Mystery Minis, they make DC ones and they make marvel ones.

The DC ones are solid figures with maybe articulation in the head.

The Marvel ones are bobble heads.

The reason behind this is that Hasbro has exclusive rights to marvel action figures but with DC anyone can make a DC figure, with the correct licensing of course.

The same applies for star wars, lego are unable to produce star wars sets that only have minifigures, there must be a building aspect to them.

So right now DC is arguably the biggest lisence Lego has available to put in a CMF line compared to Marvel or Star Wars as they just don't have the rights to make "action figures" based on those properties.

Does that make any sense?

Well, if Lego's Bricks and Pieces site is anything to go by: " We’re sorry but we can’t sell parts, instructions or minifigures that are based on stories or characters we didn’t create ourselves." So, if they can't sell individual figures on their site, they surely would not make any form of a CMF theme for it. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. :sad: We can only hope though. :classic:

I think that note on B&P is more about protecting the exclusivity of figures in sets especially for themes such as Star Wars although on many of the recent waves for both DC and Star Wars you have actually been able to buy the parts for many of the figures including half of the JL figures and most of the recent Rebels sets.

I think if we did get a cmf line for DC we'd still be looking at Bats, Supes and a couple of regulars making an appearance alongside some more obscure characters... The Simpsons line is an example of this with all of the main family appearing again. With two cmf waves and two sets there have been four Homer figures released.

I think that note on B&P is more about protecting the exclusivity of figures in sets especially for themes such as Star Wars although on many of the recent waves for both DC and Star Wars you have actually been able to buy the parts for many of the figures including half of the JL figures and most of the recent Rebels sets.

I think if we did get a cmf line for DC we'd still be looking at Bats, Supes and a couple of regulars making an appearance alongside some more obscure characters... The Simpsons line is an example of this with all of the main family appearing again. With two cmf waves and two sets there have been four Homer figures released.

And there is nothing wrong with it at all. The trinity all have respectively different suits, such as Red Son suits. Injustice Suits, Earth 2 suits, the list is endless. A DC CMF series would be great to release different variations of characters we have already gotten. Like a classic Green Arrow or a CW Green Arrow. There's lots.

Out of 16 figures, I could deal with 3 or 5 of them being regulars if it meant characters like Power Girl, Booster Gold, Stargirl, and the Question would be included, too. That would still leave us 11 to 13 spots for new characters and costumes. Make it like those Scribblenauts vinyl figures: include some variant of the big names like Batman and Superman and then load it full of other fan favorites like Deadman, Swamp Thing, and Mister Miracle, maybe taking the opportunity to capitalize on DC properties in a bit more of a low-key (or low budget) fashion by including guys like Constantine, Firestorm, and Hawkgirl.

Well, if Lego's Bricks and Pieces site is anything to go by: " We’re sorry but we can’t sell parts, instructions or minifigures that are based on stories or characters we didn’t create ourselves." So, if they can't sell individual figures on their site, they surely would not make any form of a CMF theme for it. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. :sad: We can only hope though. :classic:

2 years ago, this would've been okay, but unless I'm mistaken, the Simpsons weren't made by Lego.

2 years ago, this would've been okay, but unless I'm mistaken, the Simpsons weren't made by Lego.

Yeah, I believe you are correct, but a DC CMF line is not really a probable idea. Anyway, Simpsons only have 1 set per year and their CMF line while DC has (for lack of a better term) many sets per year, so their characters have a better chance of getting released in sets. I believe a CMF line would be more sought after when the line began and not now as much. Kids and collectors already have Batman and Superman if they wanted them.

I think if LEGO wanted to make DC CMFs they would do what was needed to get it done, but for whatever reason they have chosen not to do so. Keep in mind however, that in 2017 we are getting the LEGO Batman movie and LEGO should support it with sets just like they did The LEGO Movie. TLM also had one CMF line that featured four main characters, but the rest of the figs were of minor characters. Hopefully the LEGO Batman Movie will not just focus on the Bat-verse, but will branch out into the DC universe at large. If so, perhaps we will get a CMF line that will feature a goodly assortment of minor DC heroes and villains.

Pretty cool looking Robin. Seems like the capes are getting thinner at the neck which is undoubtedly a great thing. :thumbup: But knowing Lego it is probably the same thickness and just seems thinner in the picture or for that one minifig. :thumbdown: