Ezekiel2517

DC Superheroes 2015 Rumors & Discussions

I would like to get the Justice League Vs Bizarro League too and searched on eBay - :sick: Some are over $100!

Anyway I think I might buy it from amazon as some of you said

A little bit off topic but I was thinking the hydra fortress smash would go really well with Arkham asylum

For that price point I think you'd be better picking up parts on BrickLink and making something that matched completely.

A little bit off topic but I was thinking the hydra fortress smash would go really well with Arkham asylum

I'm not sure about that. Architecturally, there are no similarities besides the color gray, and the fortress itself is incredibly small and pointless for what we got. You would have trouble making it match the Gothic style of Arkham, and the size would not allow you to do much with the interior.

A mix of Arkham Asylum Breakout, Hydra Fortress Smash and Vampyre Castle could make a really big hybrid Arkham Asylum

That would look pretty awesome throw in the new scooby doo castle set with the plants and it would look amazing

Just built this set:

photo.jpg

Really good set, I really recommend getting it.

We're kind of moving on from the Winter stuff, seeing as they've been out for 3 months now.

We're kind of moving on from the Winter stuff, seeing as they've been out for 3 months now.

It's better to discuss the 2015 sets than speculate about the 2016 Batman v. Superman and Suicide Squad sets.

Edited by Sir Gareth

While I agree we're at an awkward point in time with the new sets being old news and getting no new news, but there's absolutely nothing saying the winter wave is off-topic. I think the set is good, too. But recently, we've been speculating for lack of anything new to talk about.

Here in Australia we're still waiting for them

I just got some Lego Movie sets (Angry Unikitty and Double Decker Couch) and I'm planning a trip soon to a Lego store for some DC sets maybe. I may get Brainiac Attack, Green Lantern vs Sinestro, or Bad Cop's Car Chase. What would give me more bang for my buck? Thanks, all!

I just got some Lego Movie sets (Angry Unikitty and Double Decker Couch) and I'm planning a trip soon to a Lego store for some DC sets maybe. I may get Brainiac Attack, Green Lantern vs Sinestro, or Bad Cop's Car Chase. What would give me more bang for my buck? Thanks, all!

I would recommend getting Brainiac Attack, I have it and I must say that it is an amazing build. The figures are great! If you could get another set, Green Lantern Vs Sinestro is the way to go. It is a fun set with great minifigures and a great build. The features are AWESOME and the set has useful pieces for MOCs.

I would have to say the Javelin was my fave build, then the brainiac, then the black manta and finally the gorilla grodd...

But it depends on how you develop your collections, the javelin and grodd sets are the minifig heavy hitters!

I keep buying the green lantern sets for the bodies....

I'd recommend the Green Lantern set. The figures are superb and the jet is a fun build. The spring loaded shooters are well integrated into the body of the jet, and they are quite enjoyable to blast Sinestro with! :)

I have a feeling that I'll be buying a bunch of those Green Lantern sets whenever their price drops for any reason whatsoever. Lead paint wouldn't even keep me from making a bigger Lantern Corps at this point.

We own all 3, having had a couple of birthdays in the family recently. Brainiac Attack and Green Lantern are my 2 favourites.

Brainiac's ship is excellent - it's a pimped up version of the tripod ship from Alien Conquest 7051. The falling off laser blaster annoyed me, but that was easily remedied by switching the pin. But Green Lantern wins for me. As Mediumsnowman says, the figures are superb and the jet is very swooshy with really well-integrated shooters. I've swapped the seat so GL is a bit more upright, but otherwise we use the set just as it came and very popular it is too. I want to try and build some 1950s style experimental jets to go with it, but that might be because I've been reading "the New Frontier" again.

I think the Javelin is the best ship I've built in a while. It feels great in-hand, the angles are good, and it packs in some fun and smooth play features. The figs and Darkseid are just a bonus.

Thats the set (GL set) most responsible for wallet bankrupcy in AFOLS in 2015. Got the brainiac set and have to say it a great little set

Edited by CustomJoe_MD

I just realized that the Hammerhead Warrior minifigure makes for a good approximation of King Shark (when he's drawn as a hammerhead, that is). And the regular Shark Warrior works for when he's drawn as a great white! If anyone wanted a purist version, it'll work. A bigfig version would be great someday, though.

I just realized that the Hammerhead Warrior minifigure makes for a good approximation of King Shark (when he's drawn as a hammerhead, that is). And the regular Shark Warrior works for when he's drawn as a great white! If anyone wanted a purist version, it'll work. A bigfig version would be great someday, though.

Kinda funny you mentioned it, I've been using my hammer head shark for that very purpose for a while now. I really should have mentioned something sooner, sorry.

I will echo that the Javelin was an awesome build. I pegged it for being the weakest of the wave but, I was wrong. That jet is awesomely fun to mess with. The minifigs are also great. It is my 2nd favorite of the wave, right behind the Black Manta set.