Ezekiel2517

DC Superheroes 2015 Rumors & Discussions

I wonder how lego will release the Suicide Squad, as they probably won't release them all in one set and they will most likely be the comic versions.

Maybe a wave of sets with characters like Hawkgirl, Raven, New 52 Superman and a member or two of the suicide squad in each set

That was a long time ago in the 90's. It's not really a relevant version anymore. Seems like Snyder just wanted to stray from the current comics.

But Affleck's Batman was inspired by the Dark Knight Returns, also old material

Perhaps if these heroes aren't appearing in BvS, this could be a perfect opportunity to get alter egos of these characters. Like Barry Allen or John Stewart

I wonder how lego will release the Suicide Squad, as they probably won't release them all in one set and they will most likely be the comic versions.

Maybe a wave of sets with characters like Hawkgirl, Raven, New 52 Superman and a member or two of the suicide squad in each set

Most likely, because they're definitely not going to directly promote the movie because "suicide" isn't exactly a kid-friendly word

Nor are the comics themselves or the movie. I'm sure LEGO will manage to slip in Deadshot, Boomerang, and Suicide Squad Harley somewhere, though.

Nor are the comics themselves or the movie. I'm sure LEGO will manage to slip in Deadshot, Boomerang, and Suicide Squad Harley somewhere, though.

What about Amanda Waller?

I think a $50-$70 Belle Revve set would work nicely; Boomer, Deadshot, and Harley could be escaping, Waller could serve as the prison warren, and Batman and maybe Flash can be there to stop the breakout.

But Affleck's Batman was inspired by the Dark Knight Returns, also old material

Perhaps if these heroes aren't appearing in BvS, this could be a perfect opportunity to get alter egos of these characters. Like Barry Allen or John Stewart

Visually, it's a mix of DKR and the New 52. The JL lineup resembles that of the New 52 as well. Seems like they're using newer comics with some older influences as well.

What about Amanda Waller?

I think a $50-$70 Belle Revve set would work nicely; Boomer, Deadshot, and Harley could be escaping, Waller could serve as the prison warren, and Batman and maybe Flash can be there to stop the breakout.

It's not likely, but a King Shark bigfig would be nice, too. But a Belle Reve set would be really cool. I just wonder how LEGO could rationalize selling it to kids without making it a Helicarrier-sized set (and thus making it pretty much exclusive to the adult market).

It's not likely, but a King Shark bigfig would be nice, too. But a Belle Reve set would be really cool. I just wonder how LEGO could rationalize selling it to kids without making it a Helicarrier-sized set (and thus making it pretty much exclusive to the adult market).

*oh2* Oh man, yes, King Shark would be amazing.

And you know, they should probably throw in El Diablo or Killer Frost while they're at it just to be on the safe side.

What about something like the original helicarrier set crossed with Arkham Asylum? (With the amount of figures I'm hoping for, Belle Reve would have to be around Jokerland price and size.)

Edited by psqidexslizer248

*oh2* Oh man, yes, King Shark would be amazing.

And you know, they should probably throw in El Diablo or Killer Frost while they're at it just to be on the safe side.

What about something like the original helicarrier set crossed with Arkham Asylum? (With the amount of figures I'm hoping for, Belle Reve would have to be around Jokerland price and size.)

But would it be possible for LEGO to create such a large DC set without the Bat in it? :grin: I'd love to see them try, though. Darn it! Now my hopes are up for an awesome set we may never see. Fingers crossed.

I don't think that they would do an enclosed building. I think it would be more like the Batcave than anything else we have had, unless they do go more of an Arkham route and make it big. Either way, I really like the idea of a Belle Reve set. It sounds fun, and it might even be possible since Arkham has been retired recently.

But would it be possible for LEGO to create such a large DC set without the Bat in it? :grin: I'd love to see them try, though. Darn it! Now my hopes are up for an awesome set we may never see. Fingers crossed.

Yeah, we better throw Batman in there. So, the figure lineup could be: Batman, Amanda Waller, Captain Boomerang, Harley Quinn, Deadshot, Killer Frost or El Diablo, King Shark, and Flash or Firestrom (just to balance things out)

I don't think that they would do an enclosed building. I think it would be more like the Batcave than anything else we have had, unless they do go more of an Arkham route and make it big. Either way, I really like the idea of a Belle Reve set. It sounds fun, and it might even be possible since Arkham has been retired recently.

An enclosed building does sound like it would be too expensive, though I would love to see them do it. Maybe Belle Reve could be our UCS set next year :excited:.

My only concern as to its possibility is the source material. Granted, they've managed to make the Simpsons kid-friendly, but what angle would they take on a team of supervillains bound (by explosives) to the government to do their dirty work? It could be another Arkham-type situation, though, with Batman and Waller trying to stop Harley, Deadshot, Boomerang and Shark from escaping. As for rooms, I would expect a few cells, a medical bay (The Squad gets several injuries), Waller's surveillance office (with red Batphone to tie it to Arkham and the Batcave) and some sort of dining/recreational area, perhaps. As for the facade, I don't know what they'd do. Belle Reve isn't up there on iconic DCU locations, so to make it interesting looking could be a challenge.

Please, LEGO, make this happen! (It'll be that excuse you were apparently searching for-in the wrong places-to make a Harley Quinn with pigtails!)

Edited by 8BrickMario

I read somewhere that Suicide Squad's going to be listed as Task Force X in some of the marketing material, and I'd be shocked if WB made a superhero movie they couldn't make action figures for, so maybe we will get sets based on the movie, just under the name Task Force X instead?

Edited by Numbuh1Nerd

It's possible, but honestly, I'd prefer something from the comics. So far, I'm not that interested in what the movie has in store.

It's possible, but honestly, I'd prefer something from the comics. So far, I'm not that interested in what the movie has in store.

I'm just thinking that if the DCCU does alright, they'll start doing comic-based variants for the movie characters like they've done with Marvel, and we'd be getting two different Deadshots, etc.. I'm also still holding out for their movie costumes to be crazy excellent (crossing my fingers for Deadshot's helmet in live-action!) .

What if Lego were to split the 3 waves in half; we could get 3 comic sets in the winter, 3 B>S sets in the spring, and 3 either comic or task force x sets in the summer.

That wouldn't be a bad idea. I hope that's what Lego will decide to do.

I think these are great ideas, but I am not so sure whether Lego would release a huge set of an obscure location such as Belle Revve.

Maybe a small set with one squad member, Batman, Superman and a Bat-Vehicle, another big set such as the Gotham City Police Station with another few squad members, Commissioner Gordon, Police Officer(Female) ,Hawkgirl and (You guessed it) Batman

What if Lego were to split the 3 waves in half; we could get 3 comic sets in the winter, 3 B>S sets in the spring, and 3 either comic or task force x sets in the summer.

Its not certain, but I expect that we will be getting the BvS sets in January because its 2 months before the movie is released, which is the same amount of time that the Avengers sets have before Age of Ultron is released.

Sorry to change topic, but does anyone know if the Justice League vs. Bizarro League exclusive figure will be released in Germany? Amazon only lists the DVD or BluRay without the fig... :sceptic:

Anyone still looking to pick up the Bat Wing/Joker Steam Roller set, a few of the local Target's by me in the US have added it to the clearance endcaps along with a few other Super Heroes sets. Employee told me its to make room for the new Marvel sets next week.

Edited by Cmay91472

Sorry to change topic, but does anyone know if the Justice League vs. Bizarro League exclusive figure will be released in Germany? Amazon only lists the DVD or BluRay without the fig... :sceptic:

I just ordered it from US Amazon to the UK and it arrived in around 5 days. I think the DVD is region free anyway.