Ezekiel2517

DC Superheroes 2015 Rumors & Discussions

She does. She has a happy face and an angry face; the angry face can be seen on the box.

You're right I didn't notice earlier when I was looking at the pictures.

I think the lighting is confusing my eyes, because it's making Starfire look like she has tanner skin than Ivy or Penguin. I keep looking again, but she still looks darker-skinned. Even on the box in the minifigure lineup. I know there's no color that matches what I'm seeing, but it's odd how the lighting on her is making her skin look darker.

And I do sincerely apologize for my annoying ranting and raving. But for me, giving New 52 Harley a hat instead of the hair that's made for her is like finally releasing Raven in a set and somehow neglecting to give her a hood. It's a stupid choice that ignores the obvious solution.

Your eyes are fine, she does have a tanner skin tone than them.

Hmm. That's interesting. Then what color are LEGO using for her skin?

I was trying to guess what the Super Jumper gimmick in Jokerland is. It can only be one of two things, though, judging by the play features:

1. The jumping figure knocks Robin down from under Harley's bike or

2. The jumping figure tips back the sign and plant on the free fall to lower Starfire to the ground.

As for the Batboat, no clue what the Jumper's for.

I've noticed there are a lot of pink pieces in the clown's mouth, including a door frame. I think it's sort of hilarious that everyone complains about Friends being too pink and girly, while the first pink LEGO door frame is in a DC set...

Edited by 8BrickMario

Hmm. That's interesting. Then what color are LEGO using for her skin?

I was trying to guess what the Super Jumper gimmick in Jokerland is. It can only be one of two things, though, judging by the play features:

1. The jumping figure knocks Robin down from under Harley's bike or

2. The jumping figure tips back the sign and plant on the free fall to lower Starfire to the ground.

As for the Batboat, no clue what the Jumper's for.

I've noticed there are a lot of pink pieces in the clown's mouth, including a door frame. I think it's sort of hilarious that everyone complains about Friends being too pink and girly, while the first pink LEGO door frame is in a DC set...

I'm thinking light nougat (I think that's the color's name).

I'm thinking the Super Jumper in Jokerland is one of the Joker's deadly rides called "The Leg Cruncher"!

I think the lighting is confusing my eyes, because it's making Starfire look like she has tanner skin than Ivy or Penguin. I keep looking again, but she still looks darker-skinned. Even on the box in the minifigure lineup. I know there's no color that matches what I'm seeing, but it's odd how the lighting on her is making her skin look darker.

And I do sincerely apologize for my annoying ranting and raving. But for me, giving New 52 Harley a hat instead of the hair that's made for her is like finally releasing Raven in a set and somehow neglecting to give her a hood. It's a stupid choice that ignores the obvious solution.

I really don't mind yours or anyone else's raving (especially after I've spent the past 200+ pages raving about Raven); and not including that hair is a really stupid decision tbh.

Edited by psqidexslizer248

I've been looking at the Jokerland clown's eyebrows, and I don't recognize the grey pieces the plant stalks are attached to. It looks like a right-angled piece with two bars, since one is in the headlight bricks, and the plant stalks aren't attached by studs...Those aren't faucets or sideways lightsaber hilts, although the molding looks rather mechanical. New piece? Or just a Technic part I don't know?

NEW PLAY FEATURE? I think there's a way to make the eyes spin! The two eye tiles are not connected on four studs. Note the two pink 1x2 or 1x4 plates behind the eyes, and the empty-looking sockets behind them. The direction the eyes are looking at the Toy Fair would be impossible on a four-stud base, as the pupill will always be looking slightly to the left or the right. Wouldn't it be cool if there was a gearing mechanism inside the head to make the eyes spin around? It would be suitably creepy and kooky, and I think the head is hollow since the eye sockets look deep.

Edited by 8BrickMario

These new DC sets will have some really nice minifigs. Lego used their new two-color mold process on many of these minifigures. Batman, Harley Quinn, Starfire, Beast Boy and Death Stroke will have the legs made of two colors. Robin will have green sleeves in one of the sets. I noticed that Harley's legs have black at the top section, I wonder if it's also part of the mold process or is it painted.

I do like Beast Boy and Starfire, though I do wish she were comic based (there are less sexual versions of her in the comics)

By the time these come out (in August?) her costume will actually be pretty similar to the comics. Starting in June Starfire will get her own comic and a costume change which looks very similar to her Teen Titans cartoon look:

starfire-cover-by-amanda-conner-dc-comics.jpg2015-02-14-04.54.35.jpg

I've been looking at the Jokerland clown's eyebrows, and I don't recognize the grey pieces the plant stalks are attached to. It looks like a right-angled piece with two bars, since one is in the headlight bricks, and the plant stalks aren't attached by studs...Those aren't faucets or sideways lightsaber hilts, although the molding looks rather mechanical. New piece? Or just a Technic part I don't know?

NEW PLAY FEATURE? I think there's a way to make the eyes spin! The two eye tiles are not connected on four studs. Note the two pink 1x2 or 1x4 plates behind the eyes, and the empty-looking sockets behind them. The direction the eyes are looking at the Toy Fair would be impossible on a four-stud base, as the pupill will always be looking slightly to the left or the right. Wouldn't it be cool if there was a gearing mechanism inside the head to make the eyes spin around? It would be suitably creepy and kooky, and I think the head is hollow since the eye sockets look deep.

That grey piece is just a lego pistol, the same ones that came in the 2008 agents theme.

The eyes definitely spin; if you look at the box they are turned in a different direction than the model on display.

These new DC sets will have some really nice minifigs. Lego used their new two-color mold process on many of these minifigures. Batman, Harley Quinn, Starfire, Beast Boy and Death Stroke will have the legs made of two colors. Robin will have green sleeves in one of the sets. I noticed that Harley's legs have black at the top section, I wonder if it's also part of the mold process or is it painted.

Harley doesn't actually have two-colored legs, just printed ones.

I think if you "click" the grey hat on top of the Joker head, left or right, it will make the eyes move. Also, maybe, if you spin the green bow tie, it might make the pink "tongue" raise and lower, which will make a figure fall down the purple slide. There are definitely some type of "play features" with that giant joker head. Eyes moving, bowler hat switches back and forth, bow tie spin, etc.

So are these summer Batmans the same torso print as the winter wave? I see boot printing for the August sets, but are they the same otherwise?

I'm torn. The sets look okay, figures look good, but I didn't know of that justifies the price. Having so many repeats in jokerland bothers me. I'm glad I bought those variants of the characters already.. :angry: .. if I wouldn't have had them, this set would be a no brainer, but now very questionable since if mostly just want robin and beast boys hair. I've never heard of him out starfire until this set. I don't care for beast boys head.

Jokerland is definitely going to look good with my funhouse. My sons and I are in love with it already.

I'm a fairly casual Batman fan so I have no idea of who some of the Teen Titans figures are but the colourful build and play features make this a must buy for me.

I can imagine in the future we might get an Arrow set with Armoured Deathstroke (With Helmet), Green Arrow (With Hood) and Black Canary. This could be in the $20US

range -$40 here :( .Another idea is a small Teen Titans GO! set with Raven and Blackfire that could be in the $12US range.

I can imagine in the future we might get an Arrow set with Armoured Deathstroke (With Helmet), Green Arrow (With Hood) and Black Canary. This could be in the $20US

range -$40 here :( .Another idea is a small Teen Titans GO! set with Raven and Blackfire that could be in the $12US range.

It's a shame they don't make Arrow and Flash sets,they are no more violent or distressing than TDK, and if they can get away with Heath's Joker then anything is possible. I'd love to see a Malcolm Merlyn/Dark Archer figure at some point cause his design in the show is awesome with the hood mask, the black armour, plus he's a terrific villain as is Arrow's Deathstroke.

I think an Arrow set is long overdue to be honest. I mean now were getting Teen Titans sets so getting one or two sets from the TV series Arrow shouldn't be a problem.

We didn't get a proper helmet even for captain america, I really don't think they'll make one for Deathstroke any time soon, especially when he has a minifig now.

But yes, they can make a green arrow set. they can even make it 13 dolar set since he uses a motorbike in the serie. Green Arrow on a motorbike with his composite bow attached in front, and the other figure can be random from serie.

The reason we don't get Arrow and Flash sets isn't because of their content (we're getting a set based on The Big Bang Theory for crying out loud) it's because not enough people know about these shows or care about them besides the comic fans who will buy sets based on these characters whether they are Arrow/Flasshverse designs or not. Why would Lego base sets on these shows when they can make comic based sets with the same characters that would sell more because both fans of the show and non-fans (who get the sets for their kids just because Batman is in them, or so Lego seems to beleive) would buy them? Plus, neither of these shows features Batman, so, I'm sure that's a limiting factor.

That's what I think, anyway.

We didn't get a proper helmet even for captain america, I really don't think they'll make one for Deathstroke any time soon, especially when he has a minifig now.

But yes, they can make a green arrow set. they can even make it 13 dolar set since he uses a motorbike in the serie. Green Arrow on a motorbike with his composite bow attached in front, and the other figure can be random from serie.

But that would break Lego number one rule for this theme "Every set MUST include Batman; Superman may be (severely under)used instead of Batman but no more than one fourth of the time." :grin:

Lego will probably never make a set based on the Flash and Arrow shows, but it's not like they can't make the minifigures and incorporate them into other sets, as long as those sets still contain Batman or Superman. People who don't watch the shows would most likely just see them as being new variants of the characters, but if Lego were to do this, they'd just make new versions of The Flash and Green Arrow and not bother with other characters like Diggle etc.

Anyway, the summer sets look pretty good, I don't even mind that they used the old versions of the Penguin and Poison Ivy in Jokerland because the other figures in the set make up for it. The set itself looks fun with all its features and functions. The batboat is okay, I don't really like how it looks but I'll probably still buy it, the Deathstroke and Robin figs look great though.

I think Beast Boy is my least favorite of the new figures. Both of his faces bug me, and his skin is too dark. Bright or even Lime Green would have been better.

I think Beast Boy is my least favorite of the new figures. Both of his faces bug me, and his skin is too dark. Bright or even Lime Green would have been better.

I actually kind of like the faces, but the skin definetly should have been bright green with just regular green hair, but they probably went the route they did so they wouldn't have to recolor the snake. Also, why does he have underwear instead of shorts and hands instead of gloves?

Lego will probably never make a set based on the Flash and Arrow shows, but it's not like they can't make the minifigures and incorporate them into other sets, as long as those sets still contain Batman or Superman. People who don't watch the shows would most likely just see them as being new variants of the characters, but if Lego were to do this, they'd just make new versions of The Flash and Green Arrow and not bother with other characters like Diggle etc.

Anyway, the summer sets look pretty good, I don't even mind that they used the old versions of the Penguin and Poison Ivy in Jokerland because the other figures in the set make up for it. The set itself looks fun with all its features and functions. The batboat is okay, I don't really like how it looks but I'll probably still buy it, the Deathstroke and Robin figs look great though.

Yeah, they could, but why would they make less recognizable forms of Flash and Arrow when they can just rehash the comic suits?

I have no intention of purchasing the Jokerland set, but I decided to list the things I would like to see in the set, to make it more apealing:

*New 52 Harley with accurate hair

*Stephanie Brown Robin

*An alternate Joker design

*A Joker henchman

*and a riddler booth with the ridler.

I have no intention of purchasing the Jokerland set, but I decided to list the things I would like to see in the set, to make it more apealing:

*New 52 Harley with accurate hair

*Stephanie Brown Robin

*An alternate Joker design

*A Joker henchman

*and a riddler booth with the ridler.

Agreed with Harley. I prefer the TTG Robin to Stephanie (who I preferred in her multiple other heroic roles) and a new Joker would have been nice, instead of a mix between the 2012 and Steam Roller versions. I don't think the Riddler nor a booth for him needed to be in this set, since both were in the Funhouse.

I would have appreciated a new Poison Ivy (in Spring Green), the hair on Harley (it exists-aargh! Why not use it?!?!) and perhaps a slightly different Penguin or a Scarecrow attraction.

Agreed with Harley. I prefer the TTG Robin to Stephanie (who I preferred in her multiple other heroic roles) and a new Joker would have been nice, instead of a mix between the 2012 and Steam Roller versions. I don't think the Riddler nor a booth for him needed to be in this set, since both were in the Funhouse.

I would have appreciated a new Poison Ivy (in Spring Green), the hair on Harley (it exists-aargh! Why not use it?!?!) and perhaps a slightly different Penguin or a Scarecrow attraction.

Or! Or...Killer Moth maybe? :grin:

I would by any set to get a Killer Moth or Firefly--any set.

Really I think this set could have easily fit in new characters like Killer Moth or Mad Hatter and still kept the funhouse feel. I just hope this is the last time we see that same Ivy again.