Ezekiel2517

DC Superheroes 2015 Rumors & Discussions

I did! It's a rather nice figure and the lavender color is really striking. But I do have a love/hate with the lavender; it looks good sometimes, but other times it doesn't. It depends on the lighting really. The cape and face prints are great though (he has both front and back printing on the torso, and duel face prints).

On a side note the film itself is hilarious, but it also shows off many characters I'd die to have--especially Giganta; it's so unlikely that Lego will make a large minifigure like that but it would be amazing. It is interesting to see how different the character designs can be in comparison to the figures we have--Hawkman, Cyborg, and Gorilla Grodd (especally) look very different than their physical counterparts. Plus some of the characters seem out of date--they show the 52 Martian Manhunter for some reason. On the flip side, it would be awesome to see some of the film characters as physical minifigures--I really hope that the classic Deathstroke shown in the film is the one we will actually get, because he is just spectacular.

I did! It's a rather nice figure and the lavender color is really striking. But I do have a love/hate with the lavender; it looks good sometimes, but other times it doesn't. It depends on the lighting really. The cape and face prints are great though (he has both front and back printing on the torso, and duel face prints).

On a side note the film itself is hilarious, but it also shows off many characters I'd die to have--especially Giganta; it's so unlikely that Lego will make a large minifigure like that but it would be amazing. It is interesting to see how different the character designs can be in comparison to the figures we have--Hawkman, Cyborg, and Gorilla Grodd (especally) look very different than their physical counterparts. Plus some of the characters seem out of date--they show the 52 Martian Manhunter for some reason. On the flip side, it would be awesome to see some of the film characters as physical minifigures--I really hope that the classic Deathstroke shown in the film is the one we will actually get, because he is just spectacular.

Yeah, Grodd is sooo different from his physical counterpart, I was surprised. Yes, that Deathstroke was spectacular (well besides the head, I hate how the printing doesn't go all the way around and I prefer a orange and black mask to the orange and blue) but he has way more printing than we're likely to get. No way we'll get printed arms and sides; maybe we'd get the printed legs, I guess we'll just have to wait another five days to find out (hopefully Lego actually allows pictures this time).

It's a shame that the Batman cowl covers up the nice head printing details of Batzarro. Ah well, it's still a welcome addition to the minifigure lineup. More villains please!

I really prefer the Gorilla Grodd in the movie. A lot of the characters felt really inaccurate to any actual pieces. Guy's hair wasn't right, Cyborg was very off and wasn't that great. I'd love to see that Giganta and Desaad mostly. I'm still hoping that that Bizarro shows up in a set soon. Is Batzarro's cape the new cape cloth or the old?

As for the movie, it wasn't great. Wonder Woman was so stereotypical and might as well have just worn a shirt that said "I'M A GIRL". Batman was a better Lex Luthor than Lex Luthor. Cyborg's annoying. The Superman/Bizarro relationship was nice though.

The only thing about Batzarro that bugs me is that he has white eyes. Batzarro always has an opaque visor on his cowl that covers his eyes. LEGO could have just made it a black sweatband...The lavender color is another odd choice.

The only thing about Batzarro that bugs me is that he has white eyes. Batzarro always has an opaque visor on his cowl that covers his eyes. LEGO could have just made it a black sweatband...The lavender color is another odd choice.

This is a good point, they should have done the black headband. I've been too concerned with a quality issue (face printed too low :sad: trying to decide if I want to buy again to get one that looks better. Somehow I always tear into the packaging of things without checking for flaws) on mine to really think about design improvements.

Edited by SpiderSpaceman

Seeing Giganta in the film makes me so sad we don't have any Wonder Woman villains (while every other hero has at least one villain from their series).

I picked up the Batzarro movie today too. I was surprised, in a good way, that Batzarro came with the "old" style cape material, not the soft newer ones. The figure is nice, the purple outfit is a little off putting, but I like how it distinguishes him from the real Batman figs. I did not watch the DVD yet, probably gonna watch it tonight with my 7 yr old daughter.

Oh yeah, one thing I forgot to mention, but it seems like Batzarro's cowl is a little loose on his head. Not that its falling off, or even spinning around his head, its just that its looser than other figures who always have a tight fitting hat or hair, and it hardly any pressure to pop it off. Anyone else who has this figure notice this, or is it just mine?

Seeing Giganta in the film makes me so sad we don't have any Wonder Woman villains (while every other hero has at least one villain from their series).

There's always future waves. Keep in mind that until this winter's wave of sets, it was very much NOT the case that every other hero had one villain from their series. :P (And it's still not -strictly- true; we don't have any of Hawkman or Green Arrow's specific nemeses yet).

Is Toy Fair this Saturday, and when we all can expect pics?

I believe it starts on the 14th which is this Saturday. I might be wrong though.

So, on Valentine's Day, we're seeing the villainous couple in an abusive relationship that have had the term "Mad Love" associated with them? Okay!

(But seriously, I am really hoping they'll have the final DC figs. We know from Harley's legs that they're being produced.

So, on Valentine's Day, we're seeing the villainous couple in an abusive relationship that have had the term "Mad Love" associated with them? Okay!

(But seriously, I am really hoping they'll have the final DC figs. We know from Harley's legs that they're being produced.

We'll also get to see Starfire and Robin; sure it's probably Tim Drake Robin, but we can still pretend anyway. Now if only Beast Boy had someone too, Raven would have been perfect (Yep, I'm still not letting that go and DON'T EVEN SAY BEAST BOY CAN HAVE POISON IVY :sick:).

I can't think of any reason why the finals figures wouldn't be there (watch, I just jinxed us :sceptic:).

Edited by psqidexslizer248

We'll also get to see Starfire and Robin; sure it's probably Tim Drake Robin,

I have always been confused on what robin is which. I think (for the DC Superheroes theme) that the robin in the Fun house set and the Arkham Asylum set is Tim Drake, the Steamroller set is Damian Wayne and the Robin in the Juniors set is Dick Grayson but I could be wrong. Can someone please tell me what figure is who because it just confuses me.

I know who all the Robins are I just don't know who Lego decided the Robin figures to be.

Because in the video game (LB2) the robin is Dick Grayson when I think he looks like Tim Drake.

Edit: I checked Brickipedia to see what it was and the current Robin in the fun house set was Dick in the game, but several" items have revealed that Tim Drake is the current Robin".

Edited by Mr_KnowItAll_JD23

I have always been confused on what robin is which. I think (for the DC Superheroes theme) that the robin in the Fun house set and the Arkham Asylum set is Tim Drake, the Steamroller set is Damian Wayne and the Robin in the Juniors set is Dick Grayson but I could be wrong. Can someone please tell me what figure is who because it just confuses me.

I know who all the Robins are I just don't know who Lego decided the Robin figures to be.

Because in the video game (LB2) the robin is Dick Grayson when I think he looks like Tim Drake.

I don't think Lego has ever specifically said which Robin is which, but you definitely have the names matching the character that each Robin design was based after. I guess each Robin is whichever one you want it to be (but it makes more sense having them the way you said).

Yeah, and the one in LB1 is Tim Drake, unless I'm mistaken, when he looks much more like Dick Grayson or Jason Todd. Go figure. :def_shrug:

Edited by psqidexslizer248

I don't Lego has ever specifically said which Robin is which, but you definitely have the names matching the character that each Robin design was based after. I guess each Robin is whichever one you want it to be (but it makes more sense having them the way you said).

Yeah, and the one in LB1 is Tim Drake, unless I'm mistaken, when he looks much more like Dick Grayson or Jason Todd. Go figure. :shrug:

Thanks, I just wanted to make sure that I know which Robin is which so my Minifigure organization wasn't wrong organized based on the different Robins being separated into groups on the different identities of Robin :grin:.

According to the Lego Batman: Visual Dictionary (which is starting to seriously go out of date at this point by the way), essentially all of the Robins, with the exception of Damian (who was not around when the book was made, nor was the ambiguous Juniors version), are all versions of Tim Drake--the book clearly states and comfirms this on the 2006 Robin page. All of the old versions on Robin are Drake; as are all the new ones. Now Damian is the new exception, and obviously he is not Tim Drake; but the only really ambiguous Robin figure is the one from the Juniors set. The ambiguity seems to stem from the fact that his uniform looks unique compared to all of the other "new" Robins, granted it does have a 2006 flair to it. There's no indication who he is, but judging by how much Lego uses Drake, if I had to bet I'd place it on him rather than Grayson. Either way that figure could be used for either Grayson or Drake; or even Jason Todd for that matter I guess.

Lego seems to focus on Drake as the "common" Robin, while it uses Grayson for Nightwing rather than as the first Robin.

FYI this question does come up from time to time; I think this is like the fourth time I've cited the book as telling us that the Robins are 9/10 Tim Drake.

FYI this question does come up from time to time; I think this is like the fourth time I've cited the book as telling us that the Robins are 9/10 Tim Drake.

Sorry for making you repeat yourself. I should've checked my visual dictionary, didn't even think of it.

Yeah, I think we should get an updated Visual Dictionary. We got a new Asylum and a lot more figs to add to the JL section as well. If Star Wars can have 4-5 Visual Dictionary's I think we can use an updated one as well.