Ezekiel2517

DC Superheroes 2015 Rumors & Discussions

I'm in my 30's and my parents still get me presents for my birthday and Christmas. They usually ask if there is anything I want and I will often tell them what Lego sets I'm interested in and they will get them for me. I'm not sure why anyone would ever put an embargo on toys for birthdays.

On another note, I'm super bumed that we are getting a second amusement park-based Joker hideout with mostly previously released supervillans. There are so many other places in the DC mythos that I'd rather see first. In no particular order:

The Daily Planet

Superman's fortress of Solitude

Wayne Manor

Any Justice League HQ

Themyscira, Island home to Wonder Woman and her fellow Amazons

S.T.A.R. Labs / Project Cadmus secret research facility

Titans Tower

LexCorp HQ / research labs

GCPD HQ

Most of these places could support diverse casts of characters (especially if they were under attack) and play features.

You forgot the Hall of Doom :sad:. I think this would be the most ideal as we could get a large variety of villains and some nice hidden weapons and play features. It would be really great to get an Arkham sized one as an D2C/UCS next year.

But, back on topic, we should be getting pictures next Saturday. Any chance we could get an early peek of Jokerland in a newspaper article same as the Milano last year (both are the largest Super Heroes sets coming out in the summer, so it makes sense IMO, but I'm not counting on it).

Edited by psqidexslizer248

I think a Flash Museum set would be great, and a perfect chance to have The Flash with printed legs, Professor Zoom, Kid Flash, Captain Boomerang and Mirror Master. It could have many play features and be appealing for any fan

But, back on topic, we should be getting pictures next Saturday. Any chance we could get an early peek of Jokerland in a newspaper article same as the Milano last year (both are the largest Super Heroes sets coming out in the summer, so it makes sense IMO, but I'm not counting on it).

What's next Saturday?

I'd love to see a lot of those sets, too. Especially the (admittedly improbable) Flash Museum. Especially if we could get Linda Park in there, a la the Flash and Substance episode of JLU.

The ideal Flash Museum to me would include the Flash, Iris West or Linda Park, and the Rogues (Captain Cold, Heatwave, Diggle Harkness Captain Boomerang, Weather Wizard, Jesse James Trickster, and Mirror Master).

The Flash Museum is definitely third on my list of playsets I want for this theme, right after the Hall of Doom and Titans Tower.

I think a Flash Museum set would be great, and a perfect chance to have The Flash with printed legs, Professor Zoom, Kid Flash, Captain Boomerang and Mirror Master. It could have many play features and be appealing for any fan

Which is why I'm building one myself, expect it up with in the next few months

I'm excited to see pictures from new york toy fair. Hope Jokerland vastly improves, otherwise I'll just brinklink figs.

I'm excited to see pictures from new york toy fair. Hope Jokerland vastly improves, otherwise I'll just brinklink figs.

Sadly, I'd have to say the same. The set's really unimpressive, and the price is way too high. Plus it looks fairly large, and I don't have a lot of display room or the guts to take it apart. Unless they make some major improvements, I'll just be buying BB, Starfire, Robin, and Harley separately. I do like that Batmobile, but $120 just isn't worth it.

Don't expect major changes. Prelims often differ little from the final product. Hope for greater depth to the set, because it's not going to be very different when we see it next week.

Everyone hoping for drastic changes in the Jokerland set shouldn't get their hopes up, as 8BrickMario said they rarely are dramatically improved. For most people its going to be a very expensive parts pack or a Bricklink order.

If we ever get a Reverse Flash which version would it be, I'd love the classic yellow, but the new 52 is soo badass and I think it would make an awesome minifigure too.

Everyone hoping for drastic changes in the Jokerland set shouldn't get their hopes up, as 8BrickMario said they rarely are dramatically improved. For most people its going to be a very expensive parts pack or a Bricklink order.

If we ever get a Reverse Flash which version would it be, I'd love the classic yellow, but the new 52 is soo badass and I think it would make an awesome minifigure too.

I'm just hoping Jokerland looks better in person than it does in the prelims; given how highly spoken of it was by the London Toy fair attendees makes me think there's a good reason to hope it is

The new 52 version is just terrible (just like most of the new 52 designs :sick:) so I'd hope they'd go classic (with boots and red pupils). (Personally, I think a $20 set with Flash, Reverse Flash, and Batman w/ a Batcycle, because we haven't had one since 2012, would be the route Lego would go if we ever get him).

About Reverse Flash, it honestly doesn't matter to me which we get if we do get him, as I love both.

Rinzler, I'm very excited about your flash museum!

On the Jokerland matter, I know it won't change much, but I can dream ;).

About Reverse Flash, it honestly doesn't matter to me which we get if we do get him, as I love both.

Rinzler, I'm very excited about your flash museum!

On the Jokerland matter, I know it won't change much, but I can dream ;).

Thank you Zergos, but it may be a while until it's completely finished

That's the thing, too. I'm really hoping that the shining reports of Jokerland mean that it's better looking than the prelims indicate.

How did so much discussion about the Flash arise? Oh well, I'll contribute. If we got a set with Reverse Flash, it would make more sense for LEGO to go classic, since they can just repaint the Flash instead of creating a different mask to match the 52 version better. Although I never thought Zoom looked like a threat running around in bright yellow...

That's the thing, too. I'm really hoping that the shining reports of Jokerland mean that it's better looking than the prelims indicate.

How did so much discussion about the Flash arise? Oh well, I'll contribute. If we got a set with Reverse Flash, it would make more sense for LEGO to go classic, since they can just repaint the Flash instead of creating a different mask to match the 52 version better. Although I never thought Zoom looked like a threat running around in bright yellow...

Yeah, I don't understand why everyone would speak so highly of it if it doesn't look better than the prelims make it.

The Flash discussion arose because Flash is awesome and something about Jokerland? I'm just guessing here.

Classic Zoom looks much more terrifying than the new 52 one IMO and definitely makes more sense to me (the yellow suit just screams "I'm obsessed with being the reverse of The Flash").

I bet the show changed that eh?

The Flash made me like Reverse Flash and Captain Cold.

I'm doubtful we'll ever seen a location outside of Gotham City, unless it is tied to a movie. Everything we've see so far has been tied to Batman or his villains: The Batcave, Arkham Asylum, and Joker's hideout (twice). Though perhaps once they've explored all the well know locations in Gotham once or twice, they might be willing to make other places.

Well technically the Javelin set was based in Metropolis because of the box art background so there's something, I guess.

Edited by TDKR2012

Well the new 52 version, is a different character than the classic yellow. The new 52 is Daniel West and the classic yellow is Eobard Thawne (or Hunter Zolomon), so we could get both, and they're entirely different characters. Although, if we did get a Reverse Flash, they'd go with Eobard Thawne

Edited by Hexagonical_waffles

Well technically the Javelin set was based in Metropolis because of the box art background so there's something, I guess.

I think he was talking buildings. The Manta Sub, GL, Lex Luthor, and Brainaic sets were all set outside of Gotham.