Ezekiel2517

DC Superheroes 2015 Rumors & Discussions

Well, if they gave us information before that was perfectly right....then one could only assume.... :sceptic::cry_sad:

Plus, the price he reported for the Batboat Harbor Pursuit matches what we had already heard from the Toy Fair.

Could the $120 be Canadian? $120 seems high for what was shown in the prelim pic.

I'm not really sure why he would have reported the Canadian price for Jokerland and the US price for the Batboat, especially without mentioning that it was the Canadian price.

Edited by psqidexslizer248

Could the $120 be Canadian? $120 seems high for what was shown in the prelim pic.

Nah, if they're right, it's $120 USD.

Nah, if they're right, it's $120 USD.

Main hope is the prelims look very early this time so maybe they have changed the set a lot although I fear lego prices are just going up.

LEGO is expensive. Has no one realized this yet?

Yes, we expect more pieces or figures for more dollar spent, but it doesn't always line up with that. They have their production costs, then they tack on their profit on top of that. In this situation, it is likely most of the figures will have new printing, which does take time and money. If the set piece count is low, the figures are designed to make up for it. Hopefully LEGO will realize people want quality sets AND quality figures at a reasonable price, but that may be too hard to swing with this theme. It seems most people only want the figures, so the designers probably don't focus all of their time/effort on the set itself.

To take Star Wars for an example, Mos Eisley Cantina: 8 figures, plus a large molded creature, 615 pieces total for $69.99. 10 cents/piece has been shown to be not the best indicator. However, that set fits pretty close to what you'd expect. Large number of figures, a decent piece count for the price. However the build (in my opinion) is lacking. It conveys what they need it to, but isn't out of this world good. Jokerland will probably be the same way. It will be full of play features (it is a carnival after all), so it will be a hit with the kids (target audience??) and it will have the main cast to play it out. Long time collectors probably will grumble. Kids will probably love it.

Still, there must be more depth to the set, more space behind the clown arch or something. The set looks hardly worth $80, and no amount of good figures or a few large pieces is going to justify that for me. I only anticipate one new mold in the set (Harley's hair), and the slide and ice panels shouldn't bump up the price too much. Perhaps they'll be using a lot of smaller pieces for the play features.

But we should realize the Batmobile and cannon do take away from parts that could have been used to flesh out the park itself.

Plus Harley's bike thing goes back a ways. It's hard to say how deep any of the set is from the prelim.

*like* to TheLegoDr's post :P

Lego's prices have been rising across the board, not just Super Heroes. Lego is on top of the toy industry now, and they're gonna gouge prices til people quit buying their stuff at inflated prices. $4 a pop for a Collectible Minifigure? $20 for a small Avengers set that has a small vehicle and 2 minifigures? Sure, AFOLs may be able to swing it, but parents aren't gonna keep up with these prices.

Megablocks, baby.

Eight figures and a large newly sculpted creature in a 615 piece set for $70 sounds within Lego's normal pricing range for a set that size; eight figures and what looks to be somewhere between 800 and 900 pieces (I might give you 1000, but definitely not any more) for $120 sounds completely unreasonably even by Lego's normal pricing range for a set that size.

In response to THELEGO DR's post, I do agree that Lego prices have gone up and children are indeed the target audience. However, with that being said, a $120.00 is usually more along the lines for older Lego fans, Adult Lego fans, collectors, and of course some children, but there are not a TON of children being bought $120.00 sets. At least its not the norm, yes around Christmas time it may be that "big" gift for some kids, but most parents are not dropping $120.00 bucks for their kids Lego needs, at least not on a regular. So a set like Jokerland is going to also have the AFOL in mind, even teenagers, collectors. If the set is not good enough, it is going to be passed up by many, including parents who will not buy a$120 set for their children if it looks "cheap" and or not "worth" it.

I think the example you used with the cantina set actualy kinda proves that the Jokerland should be bigger. 8 figs is even 4 both and you could argue that the dewback/lizard would be equal 2 the batmobile, that leaves the set,and the Cantina was $50.00 CHEAPER. That means the set part of Jokerland should be equal to almost 2 full Cantina set parts, with figs and batmobile/dewback being a wash out, and the Jokerland just doesn't seem 2 be, at least NOT the prelims. I still feel and hope there will be more.

In response to THELEGO DR's post, I do agree that Lego prices have gone up and children are indeed the target audience. However, with that being said, a $120.00 is usually more along the lines for older Lego fans, Adult Lego fans, collectors, and of course some children, but there are not a TON of children being bought $120.00 sets. At least its not the norm, yes around Christmas time it may be that "big" gift for some kids, but most parents are not dropping $120.00 bucks for their kids Lego needs, at least not on a regular. So a set like Jokerland is going to also have the AFOL in mind, even teenagers, collectors. If the set is not good enough, it is going to be passed up by many, including parents who will not buy a$120 set for their children if it looks "cheap" and or not "worth" it.

I think the example you used with the cantina set actualy kinda proves that the Jokerland should be bigger. 8 figs is even 4 both and you could argue that the dewback/lizard would be equal 2 the batmobile, that leaves the set,and the Cantina was $50.00 CHEAPER. That means the set part of Jokerland should be equal to almost 2 full Cantina set parts, with figs and batmobile/dewback being a wash out, and the Jokerland just doesn't seem 2 be, at least NOT the prelims. I still feel and hope there will be more.

Birthdays.

Birthdays.

If only mine wasn't next month. I'll just have to settle for the new Ultra Agents sets! I'll try to find some way to save up for it, because I know I'm going to get it no matter how much it lives up to its price. And I won't be able to wait for the holidays!

Edited by 8BrickMario

Um, we are grown adults, correct? I mean, this may just be me, but my family doesn't buy me toys for my birthdays anymore.

Um, we are grown adults, correct? I mean, this may just be me, but my family doesn't buy me toys for my birthdays anymore.

What?! *oh2* Lego is not a toy; it is a highly sophisticated inter-locking brick system! :angry: That's the lesson I learned from the Lego Movie anyway. :grin::laugh:

Joking aside, if I get Legos for my birthday, it's only very small sets or polybags as a running gag since I only ever wanted Lego's growing up. Guess I'll just have to wait for Santa for Jokerland :grin:.

Edited by psqidexslizer248

I'm in my 30's and my parents still get me presents for my birthday and Christmas. They usually ask if there is anything I want and I will often tell them what Lego sets I'm interested in and they will get them for me. I'm not sure why anyone would ever put an embargo on toys for birthdays.

On another note, I'm super bumed that we are getting a second amusement park-based Joker hideout with mostly previously released supervillans. There are so many other places in the DC mythos that I'd rather see first. In no particular order:

The Daily Planet

Superman's fortress of Solitude

Wayne Manor

Any Justice League HQ

Themyscira, Island home to Wonder Woman and her fellow Amazons

S.T.A.R. Labs / Project Cadmus secret research facility

Titans Tower

LexCorp HQ / research labs

GCPD HQ

Most of these places could support diverse casts of characters (especially if they were under attack) and play features.

About half of those would take a lot of effort to make into effective playsets, and if play features can't be added, LEGO won't make it, which is a shame.

I want to make MOCS of literally all of those.

I would too but I live nowhere near a Lego store so I wouldn't be able to access a pick a brick store unless I spend lots of time finding pieces on the online PAB section of the Lego store.

Edited by Mr_KnowItAll_JD23

Well hopefully Lego notices that there are a lot of people who want a Wayne Manor type set after it passed the 10,000 supports on Ideas, only to get rejected in the review. Fingers crossed.