Ezekiel2517

DC Superheroes 2015 Rumors & Discussions

I agree that the prelims do NOT look like a $120 set, so it really doesn't make any sense. I still think we must be "missing" something in the pics we've seen. At $120 It needs to at least have a large number of parts, so hopefully there is more to it than what we saw. Maybe the set has more depth to it or something, or maybe the prelim pic left out a ride, idk, we'll hopefully know soon enough.

I'm assuming there's more depth to the set than we've seen. It looks like there could be more to the Jokers attraction than what we're seeing, maybe an elevator or something. Plus I'm sure the functional aspect of these rides probably take up a tidy sum of parts.

I never expected it to win, due to it belonging to an IP LEGO currently owns, and that it's a huge model. Its popularity should make them realize we want an Alfred minifigure, though!

I never expected it to win, due to it belonging to an IP LEGO currently owns, and that it's a huge model. Its popularity should make them realize we want an Alfred minifigure, though!

I never thought that either that nor the X-Mansion set would actually be approved under the Ideas theme. If anything, it shows TLG that we desire a few more Batman characters like Alfred, Ras, and Red Hood as well as a Wayne Manor set (one that would end up substantially smaller than the Ideas Peoject).

Anybody else bummed about Assault on Wayne Manner losing to friggin Wall-e and Doctor Who?

No, it was huge (UCS big), and I think the Ideas set should be at least under $100. Also, there is also the whole already a theme thing.

Anybody else bummed about Assault on Wayne Manner losing to friggin Wall-e and Doctor Who?

Nope.

They aren't going to select a set for which they already have the license. Let alone one that size. Not to say they wouldn't make such a set, they just wouldn't do it through ideas.

I was taking a quick look at the 2014 prelim DC sets. Basically no change between them and the final images.. so wouldn't get your hopes up that what we'll see on the 14th will be much better than what the image is suggesting. :-/

And yes, I entertained no delusions the Wayne Manor set would ever see Production... but still dissapointed. Wall-E and Dr. Who? *yawn*

Wall-E is an excellent build and an incredibly close likeness although it might not appeal to Super Heroes fans or comic book readers. Doctor Who could be a fantastic theme and is one of the longest running TV shows in the world with a huge worldwide audience and fanbase.

Wayne Manor, and the X-Mansion for that matter, were NEVER going to be selected for release on Ideas.

They're both huge builds and as such had the lure of a minifig collectors wet dream... hence the speed at which they hit 10k votes. Superbly executed builds I'd like to add... but not builds that will lead to a release... at least not in their 'Ideas' state.

It's quite funny that they still mention that the Helicarrier is up for Review at the next stage... I think the bookies have stopped taking bets on whether it'll pass though...

Where are these prelims of 2015 DC sets Im hearing about? All I have seen are the Harley legs and deathstroke boat

I am very disappointed that the wayne manor wasn't selected, they can keep the Wall E and Dr Who sets. I knew they wouldn't make the Wayne Manor via Ideas, but I still hope they make some version of the manor. I would LOVE it to be that big, but even a smaller version would be awesome. Ultimately, a UCS set of the Manor/Batcave would be a wet dream come true.

I am very disappointed that the wayne manor wasn't selected, they can keep the Wall E and Dr Who sets. I knew they wouldn't make the Wayne Manor via Ideas, but I still hope they make some version of the manor. I would LOVE it to be that big, but even a smaller version would be awesome. Ultimately, a UCS set of the Manor/Batcave would be a wet dream come true.

I think that's what we have to hope for. The 10k votes acts as a kind of marker in the sand that there's a demand for a set like this... Whatever scale TLG decide to do it. The lack of an Alfred figure gives me hope we'll get to see the Manor or something similar in the future.

I was really hoping that the Wayne Manor set would make it. Of course they'd scale it down a lot, but it would still be worth getting the Manor for the first time, along with a new, more fitting Batcave with some of the famous trophies, plus some less obvious Bat-family and rogues figures. Hopefully this doesn't keep them from making a regular set based on Wayne Manor with Alfred included. Maybe we should try supporting their other Batman project: the front gate of the manor with Alfred and Red Robin? Still holding out for the X Mansion, but that's probably just blind hope. Wall-E was a little disappointing, but Dr. Who seems like it'll produce some great sets as well as a nice well of flesh-tone minifig parts (let's be honest, this isn't going to be a one-off set).

Do you guys think that that Big Bang Theory set we're getting will have any DC elements? Their living room in the show has a lot of DC statuettes and such, which could mean some DC microfigures if they get detailed with it?

I am glad Wyane Manor didnt make it. Not that it ever was under ideas anyway. But now hopefully TLG know how much we want a Wyane Manor now. Best bet would be if they do release one that it will be similar to Arkham. Arkham has to be one of my all time favourite sets, its a great size, looks stunning and has a good number of mini-figs. So if they do a Manor i just hope its as good as Arkham. Anyone else agree?

Edited by MandaloretheLesser

Me...

I agree for sure, Arkham was a fantastic set. I actually wound up getting 2 and combined them together AND with the original Arkham set, making an "ultimate" Arkham prison, if you will. But, yeah, if they made a Manor set, like the Arkham, it would be a home run.

Pictures please.

I agree for sure, Arkham was a fantastic set. I actually wound up getting 2 and combined them together AND with the original Arkham set, making an "ultimate" Arkham prison, if you will. But, yeah, if they made a Manor set, like the Arkham, it would be a home run.

Pictures please, I have been considering doing this also.

Yeah, I'd love to see a pic of that. I was considering the same... at least as far as combining the two new Arkham sets. It irked me that I couldn't fit all the villains in the jails! Unfortunately that has become way more expensive since that set has been retired.

I will get some pics up by tomorrow, probably, I just wont have access to my camera till tomorrow. I thought the same thing, that the Arkham set needed more jail cells for ALL the villains, hence my combining the 2. Then I noticed my original Arkham set all by itself, and thought it was a waste, so I had to "incorporate" it into 1 giant Arkham. Basically with all 3 sets combined, its shaped like a giant "L" shape, and there are indeed plenty of cells for many villains now. I promise to get some pics up, as soon as I can.

I ordered the new Batcave online from Amazon used for around $40 I think. It was the first time I bought a used set for so cheap but the deal was too good to pass up. It was great because not only did I get everything from the Batcave set, I also got 1/6 of the new Arkham set (the cells and Ivys container) inside the box! Decided to MOC the rest of the Asylum from the "Chamber of Secrets" and "Vlad's Dark Castle" sets and look wise it came out pretty cool. Wish I could get the Arkham set but looks like I missed my opportunity. :hmpf_bad:

I'm pretty sure it's not gonna be $120. Just2Good, who are your sources?

It's a reliable one, but I'm hoping they're not reliable this time. :laugh:

Also, unrelated, but the Sandman Marvel set is $40.

It's a reliable one, but I'm hoping they're not reliable this time. :laugh:

Also, unrelated, but the Sandman Marvel set is $40.

Well, if they gave us information before that was perfectly right....then one could only assume.... :sceptic::cry_sad: