Ezekiel2517

DC Superheroes 2015 Rumors & Discussions

Just an update, I went into my local Tesco, Toys R Us and Argos stores and none of them have the sets in yet and they don't know when they'll arrive.

Why some of you people have the need to complain about not having the new sets already in the stores??Where I live most of the 2015 sets wont be available untill mid January the very least and I don't complain.

Edited by LOTR343

Thank you for the happy birthday Mattdev, can I just ask what city or town do you live in, or can you tell me me what's the name of your store.

Sorry, I don't feel comfortable giving away the residence I live in, however I already said the stores are TRU and Target.

I'm not complaining that I can't get them today, I'm complaining that I was told they would be out today and they aren't!

No ones complaining. We're just slightly annoyed that we were told they'd be out today, some of us have gone out of our way to pick them up, only to be told they're not out yet, and they have no idea when they will arrive.

Can you buy all five sets online on Toys r us? I found all except Brainiac Attack. Link?

Target exclusive

The release dates for these have always been January 1st. If a particular retailer decided to sell them early that's up to them but any mention of the 26th was (I think) just from a member here and wasn't remotely official.

Some people will be able to buy them and some people will have to wait another 6 days. Personally, I'm waiting for 5th January for the double VIP points.

Good things come to those who wait.

Yeah, I went today and found absolutely nothing at both Targets in my area and the TRU in my area. Like, TRU didn't even have any DC stuff at all!! Only Marvel sets. So I'm waiting until January for a safe bet because today's hunt was a waste of my time.

Edited by mattdev25

I managed to find three sets today; the Javelin, Manta, and Sinestro ones! I had to go to two Targets and a Toys R Us to find them however--and all three were at the second Target--the other two stores had almost no Lego sets on the shelves. It's also worth noting that I found the sets completely scattered across the Lego section, and it took five minutes or so of depression to find them. I spotted the Manta set first, on the opposite side of the Superhero area. Sinestro was found laying down with some other sets almost below my eye level. And the Javelin set was hidden in behind a Milano herd. There was no sign of the other two sets, and there was only one duplicate set, The Manta one--everything else was the only quantity of said set that I could find.

The Javelin set rang up as $59.00; which was a surprize since I had the idea somewhere that it was $70. Manta and Sinestro were $39.99 and $19.99 respectively.

Interestingly enough, I could kind of get a guess at was not selling--Hero Factory was literally in huge piles at Toys R Us (there was so much it was higher than the aisle stand!) while the Superheroes and Star Wars areas were a ghost town; and there were masses of Joker Steamroller sets at Target--although I did "sell" one, when I pointed it out to a customer who was searching (for the not-present Aquaman/Bat/Freeze set) that it was the cheapest set present with Batman (which in fact it was; there were no Penguin attack sets, but on the flips side loads of Electro sets). Just interesting to see what was gone and what wasn't.

Wow that's cheap. The prices here in Canada are:

Darkseid Invasion: $90

Black Manta Deep Sea Strike: $50

Green Lantern VS Sinestro: $25

Brainiac Attacks: $30

Gorilla Grodd Goes Bananas: $60

But I'm fine with those prices. I have enough money for them so any chance that I have to update my collection each year I will take.

My local Toys R Us (UK) has all the new City and Friends sets in but nothing else, they've also stopped stocking Minecraft until January.

There's really another double VIP date on jan 5? Hmm maybe I will wait for then too

I believe that deal is only for those who bought from TLG on Black Friday.

I managed to find three sets today; the Javelin, Manta, and Sinestro ones! I had to go to two Targets and a Toys R Us to find them however--and all three were at the second Target--the other two stores had almost no Lego sets on the shelves. It's also worth noting that I found the sets completely scattered across the Lego section, and it took five minutes or so of depression to find them. I spotted the Manta set first, on the opposite side of the Superhero area. Sinestro was found laying down with some other sets almost below my eye level. And the Javelin set was hidden in behind a Milano herd. There was no sign of the other two sets, and there was only one duplicate set, The Manta one--everything else was the only quantity of said set that I could find.

The Javelin set rang up as $59.00; which was a surprize since I had the idea somewhere that it was $70. Manta and Sinestro were $39.99 and $19.99 respectively.

Interestingly enough, I could kind of get a guess at was not selling--Hero Factory was literally in huge piles at Toys R Us (there was so much it was higher than the aisle stand!) while the Superheroes and Star Wars areas were a ghost town; and there were masses of Joker Steamroller sets at Target--although I did "sell" one, when I pointed it out to a customer who was searching (for the not-present Aquaman/Bat/Freeze set) that it was the cheapest set present with Batman (which in fact it was; there were no Penguin attack sets, but on the flips side loads of Electro sets). Just interesting to see what was gone and what wasn't.

Ugh. I'm sorry, but my patience is wearing thin. I don't care if I'm being annoying for complaining, I'm really getting annoyed at the fact that all stores don't have these yet. Last year, every store had the sets by the 20th. But now, it's January 5th? :angry::hmpf_bad::thumbdown:

Edit: Captain Nemo, this was not meant at you, I just quoted your comment to show how lucky people are to have found these.

Edited by mattdev25

Wow that's cheap. The prices here in Canada are:

Darkseid Invasion: $90

Black Manta Deep Sea Strike: $50

Green Lantern VS Sinestro: $25

Brainiac Attacks: $30

Gorilla Grodd Goes Bananas: $60

But I'm fine with those prices. I have enough money for them so any chance that I have to update my collection each year I will take.

Oy this year is going to be expensive for me D:

The Joker Bumper Car polybag is up on toysrus.com (not for sale yet though).

That is awesome! I didn't even know about that, thanks! I need a Joker, and poly bags are my favorite way to get figs because they are cheap and come with something to build.

Is it TRU exclusive?