Ezekiel2517

DC Superheroes 2015 Rumors & Discussions

They got Supergirls leg printing so right but got GL's and Sinestros so wrong. They really should have went with some side leg printing on those two.

Vader also has comparison photos of the two MM's, and I like the new one much better! His torso design is much better! And he doesn't have those cartoony eyes....

Yeah, the new one totally rocks. https://www.flickr.c...06/15857611078/

They got Supergirls leg printing so right but got GL's and Sinestros so wrong. They really should have went with some side leg printing on those two.

Sinestro and Hals leg prints really are terrible :sick:. I will probably just swap their legs out with regular black legs.

Edited by psqidexslizer248

Ranting time once again. First the figures. GL: God, finally! This figure...I have been looking forward to it ever since I first heard of it in the summer months. I love his face and his torso printing, they look absolutely amazing! His legs are okay, I'll just color in the sides of the legs with a black Sharpie and everything will be dandy. Add a trans green stud to one of Hal's fists and voila! The perfect Hal Jordan in my eyes! Sinestro: From a perfect figure to a disaster of one...where do I begin? His face seems scrunched up, like he smelled something bad, and his mustache doesn't look quite right. The hair piece is a horrible choice, and an unfixable one, too. I love his torso, however, but his legs...I can easily fix Hal's but the boots on Sinestro are too complicated to get right on the sides of his legs...I'll just try my best. Again, I'll add a trans yellow stud to one of his hands to make him complete. Space Batman: Totally in love with this guy. I love his details and his face. I could even use this in a DC Age of Ultron MOC where Batman builds the Batboy to fight crime better than he could, as he's getting old, but things get awry and the JLA has to save the day! Lol, I'm bad at making up stories. The only thing I want on this bad boy would be leg printing, but, hey, it's all good. Construct: Pretty neutral on this one. The construct itself looks sleek and stylish, I just wish that it was made entirely of trans green bricks. Sinister Corps Tube: Okay, I guess? It doesn't really need that much detail, and the lantern looks alright...overall, I give this set an 8.5 out of 10. I'll have to see it in person to make a final judgement, though.

Edit: This Vader guy said he got the sets from TLG....um, how?!

Edited by mattdev25

I'm a bit split on how I feel about this wave. It did fill in a lot of gaps in the heroes and villains roster. At the same time the minifigure line-up had some weaknesses. The Flash and Aquaman were kind of a waste, they could have at least done some variation on them. Superman's old design being used twice in one wave was really lazy. Robin was interesting to a point, but ultimately another slot taken up by a useless variation (Aqualad or Beast Boy would have been awesome). And like the last several waves the civilian line-up is terrible. I'm glad we didn't get another guard, but at the same time Banana guy ends up being pointless (Even if he is awesome). Where's Lois Lane or Vicki Vale, Lucius Fox or Jimmy Olsen or any number of civilian characters? We have a ton of heroes, but almost nobody for them to save, so that's still a let down (MOS Lois Lane isn't worth saving).

My other problem was the choice in builds. They are all very good builds in themsevles, I can't fault that, but the choice in what was included in the sets wasn't great. I didn't need a bat-mech or a bat-sub. The GL jet is just pointless as all three characters can already fly. The invisible jet and Javelin are the only two vehicles I actually wanted in Lego form, but it's admittedly sad that the banana truck upstages the invisible jet. This wave really lacked a good playset too, a Daily Planet would have been awesome (It's a bit toying that it's on the cover of one of the boxes).

Ranting time once again. First the figures. GL: God, finally! This figure...I have been looking forward to it ever since I first heard of it in the summer months. I love his face and his torso printing, they look absolutely amazing! His legs are okay, I'll just color in the sides of the legs with a black Sharpie and everything will be dandy. Add a trans green stud to one of Hal's fists and voila! The perfect Hal Jordan in my eyes! Sinestro: From a perfect figure to a disaster of one...where do I begin? His face seems scrunched up, like he smelled something bad, and his mustache doesn't look quite right. The hair piece is a horrible choice, and an unfixable one, too. I love his torso, however, but his legs...I can easily fix Hal's but the boots on Sinestro are too complicated to get right on the sides of his legs...I'll just try my best. Again, I'll add a trans yellow stud to one of his hands to make him complete. Space Batman: Totally in love with this guy. I love his details and his face. I could even use this in a DC Age of Ultron MOC where Batman builds the Batboy to fight crime better than he could, as he's getting old, but things get awry and the JLA has to save the day! Lol, I'm bad at making up stories. The only thing I want on this bad boy would be leg printing, but, hey, it's all good. Construct: Pretty neutral on this one. The construct itself looks sleek and stylish, I just wish that it was made entirely of trans green bricks. Sinister Corps Tube: Okay, I guess? It doesn't really need that much detail, and the lantern looks alright...overall, I give this set an 8.5 out of 10. I'll have to see it in person to make a final judgement, though.

Edit: This Vader guy said he got the sets from TLG....um, how?!

I just assumed he was making a joke and saying that Lego made these sets so thats where they came from. I have been wrong before though (but lets not discuss that).

I just assumed he was making a joke and saying that Lego made these sets so thats where they came from. I have been wrong before though (but lets not discuss that).

No, TLG sent the sets to him so he could review it on the site. This happens with a lot of Lego websites, including Eurobricks.

Cool! I like the new Martian Manhunter, looks more like his classic costume. Plus I missed out on the last one. Managed to score a free Plastic Man today, though, so it evens out :)

I think the old Martain Manhunter is based more off the original MM from the Justice League show. But ya I agree I like the new one much better!

I think the old Martain Manhunter is based more off the original MM from the Justice League show. But ya I agree I like the new one much better!

The first MM we got is actually his nu52 costume. While the second one we are getting is closer to his classic look, which is basically the same torso, but he wore trunks and boots rather than pants.

Either way, he will be sitting on a mountain of black lego studs, ie "Oreos" :)

Edited by Monkey Joe

Do we know the UK prices for the sets?

Probably similar to that of the US sets. And for all those people saying that they can't wait to get the sets, the sets are out now in TRUs. I don't know why a vast majority of people on here don't know this.

Edited by mattdev25

Probably similar to that of the US sets. And for all those people saying that they can't wait to get the sets, the sets are out now in TRUs. I don't know why a vast majority of people on here don't know this.

Perhaps, just perhaps, they are not out at all of the TRUs. Have you been to all of them?

Perhaps, just perhaps, they are not out at all of the TRUs. Have you been to all of them?

There may be some truth to this...because my Toys R Us does not have any.

There may be some truth to this...because my Toys R Us does not have any.

I've been to both near me and neither had any new sets. I imagine it's based on stock on hand as they still had plenty of the old sets out.

Do we know the UK prices for the sets?

Yeah the darksied is the biggy at £59

The bat mech is the £39

The lanterns at £20

Manta set was £49 on the system, i thought that was odd though

I cant remember the last ones, but these were what were on the tru database at my check, pretty much the same as the marvel ones.

Not all in the country, no. But in my town, yes. At 3 stores, there were probably about 10 of each new set. The only 2014 set to be seen was the Penguin set, and at one store, Steamroller. But most of it were 2015 sets.

I guess it's just my state, but every Toys R Us in my state has all the '15 sets.

Not all in the country, no. But in my town, yes. At 3 stores, there were probably about 10 of each new set. The only 2014 set to be seen was the Penguin set, and at one store, Steamroller. But most of it were 2015 sets.

I guess it's just my state, but every Toys R Us in my state has all the '15 sets.

What state?

Edited by ZionAzure

I can't quite tell, did they replace the old cape material with the newer one used for Vitruvius/Wizard from CMF Series 12?

-Sci