Ezekiel2517

DC Superheroes 2015 Rumors & Discussions

The Black Mantra: a supervillain with lots of evil self-focusing catchphrases! :laugh:

I'm sorry, but that consistent misspelling really irked me. As did "should of" instead of "should have".

Honestly, I look forward to EB reviews of these sets, since these are only really interest me for the pictures.

The Black Mantra: a supervillain with lots of evil self-focusing catchphrases!

I'm sorry, but that consistent misspelling really irked me. As did "should of" instead of "should have".

Honestly, I look forward to EB reviews of these sets, since these are only really interest me for the pictures.

Hah it is Black Mantra! I didn't notice that---granted I only looked at the review for the pictures too...but they're not the best quality either. :hmpf_bad: Come on sets, come out already! I want them so much--and I wouldn't mind reviewing them too! :grin:

Sinestro does have let printing.

The paper wings on Hawkman seem pretty cheap. But. Cyborg looks good.

My bad I should have specified that I meant leg printing that wraps around the leg like Supergirl's.

Not a sub, a sea wing. Divers use them to move faster than they can naturally. Like in one of the james bond movies.

http://www.qatarmarine.net/qatar-tec-diving/dpv-diving/

Like this.

OOOOH! I know what those are!!! Didn't know what they were called but I've seen them before. Makes sense now haha :tongue:.

Baby? He'll be 75 next year :grin::wink: .

Full Black Manta review here: http://brickhorizon.com/boardz/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=4109

Touché! :grin:

The Black Mantra: a supervillain with lots of evil self-focusing catchphrases! :laugh:

Oh man, Black Mantra is in this set?! He's like the GREATEST Super Villain of ALL time (and my PERSONAL favorite). This just became a definite day 1 purchase for me. :tongue::laugh::tongue:

Anyone happen to know the USA prices for the Brainiac and Green Lantern sets? They both look great for the figs! Also, how much would Darkseid go for on Bricklink? Thank you!

Pretty sure $25-35 and $20, respectively. As for Darkseid, bigfigs tend to cost at least $8-9, but since he's in a bigger set I'm assuming some people will charge plenty more, like around $25 average.

People on the Marvel thread have been pointing out that the new Black Widow figure seems to have the hair mold that the nurse joker has in Batman 3 Beyond Gotham.

Edited by Aura

People on the Marvel thread have been pointing out that the new Black Widow figure seems to have the hair mold that the nurse joker has in Batman 3 Beyond Gotham.

I think it was used in the game as a piece because it was new, unless its an exclusive, I don't see it in our hands anytime soon.

I think its also being used in a new Star Wars Rebels set this winter.

Although i don't think this is likely to happen, using that piece i guess people could make an 'okay' purist custom, you could use that hair piece , the Heath Ledger joker head and the body and legs that Harley Quinn uses in the Arkham Asylum set, although you would be able to see the black and white printing for Harley underneath i think that is the best were going to get so far,.

And here I was hoping that the new cowl design for Batman would mean that they'd do away with that stupid sweat band on his head. Oh, well. Interesting that they'd do the Geonosian style wings for Hawkman and presumably the Space Batman. I hope they hold up well, because I don't want to open up my box and have the wings be all bent up. I loved Darkseid in the initial, small photos, but holy crap does he look phenomenal with a clear look at him. Probably the highlight of the wave, in all honesty.

I was unsure about Black Manta but the more I look at him the more I love the design of the helmet. I like the Brainiac design, but once again TLG fails to get the correct color to print on a darker brick color; the white armor comes out a dull gray instead. Supergirl looks great, but I wish we could have gotten a New 52 Superman instead of two rehashes of the same costume. All it would have needed was a new torso print. Manhunter looks brilliant; probably my second favorite fig in the wave. Does the aquatic Batman have a new material for his cape? It looks thicker; like Storm's from the Blackbird set.

Why do all these sets have to be soo expensive? I can't buy all the sets I want from Marvel and DC! :angry:

They're really not that expensive.

Although i don't think this is likely to happen, using that piece i guess people could make an 'okay' purist custom, you could use that hair piece , the Heath Ledger joker head and the body and legs that Harley Quinn uses in the Arkham Asylum set, although you would be able to see the black and white printing for Harley underneath i think that is the best were going to get so far,.

You could use the collectable minifigure nurse body

I dont know why but I am not a huge fan of Green Lantern's face printing. The shading on his mask looks a little bit weird to me.

They're really not that expensive.

Much cheaper in the US than the UK and Europe, it is $2 to £1.2 so our sets are almost double yours.

At least we get some more semi-good pictures. Although that green Lantern battery doesn't look quite right. Makes me so glad we have the Eurobricks reviewer academy!

Anywho, I think the pictures do highlight the one thing I hate about this set--the poor leg printing on Sinestro and GL (Actually no, there's many other things I dislike, all of them Sinestro related). I think it's a good example of why side leg printing is also needed; because without it the color proportions are more off than the bootless Flash we have (Who's basically 100% red). For the superhero figures, I feel like Lego is still giving us subpar characters--which is terrible because the superhero theme is all about the minifgures. The problem I have here is that the lack of side printing really affects the look of Sinestro and GL; most of all Sinestro who just looks unfinished (in addition to having terrible hair--with no ears--and yellow gloves instead of pink hands!). I know people must think I bring up leg printing a lot, and I for sure do, but in all honesty I just feel like Lego should not be giving us bad superhero minifigures when the characters are the entire foucs of the line.

Regardless, I think the rest of this set is amazing. Space suit Batman is great--and it's surprising that he comes with a flesh head since is space mask has no alternative face. The builds are great, and I love GL's plane, even though it doesn't seem like much of a construct. I could see people buying multiples of this for more GL core members too.

I think its also being used in a new Star Wars Rebels set this winter.

The piece you're thinking of is actually more similar to Velma Staplebot's beehive. It's such a weird coincidence that the Black Widow hairpiece is virtually identical to Nurse Joker's, though. Would there be a Gotham Hospital set with NJ, Dark Knight Two-Face, and lots of exploding functions? I don't know, but the resemblance the the game piece is uncanny.

GL set looks good, although the laziness of the older style Batman head bugs me. Why wasn't it the same as the other Batmen on a white head?

And Captain Nemo, you will be able to give Sinestro pink hands once Vision comes out in the next Marvel wave. Even though they should have done the same for this set.

Edited by 8BrickMario

The piece you're thinking of is actually more similar to Velma Staplebot's beehive. It's such a weird coincidence that the Black Widow hairpiece is virtually identical to Nurse Joker's, though. Would there be a Gotham Hospital set with NJ, Dark Knight Two-Face, and lots of exploding functions? I don't know, but the resemblance the the game piece is uncanny.

GL set looks good, although the laziness of the older style Batman head bugs me. Why wasn't it the same as the other Batmen on a white head?

And Captain Nemo, you will be able to give Sinestro pink hands once Vision comes out in the next Marvel wave. Even though they should have done the same for this set.

I think they designed the peice for Black Widow first and then used for Nurse Joker.

You can also use the pink hands from ths CMF Lady Robot, if you have it...