Ezekiel2517

DC Superheroes 2015 Rumors & Discussions

I'm a bit disappointed that Supergirl got leg printing but Flash, who really really needs it in my opinion, and Sinestro didn't.

I hope this guy reviews the Black Manta one, because we've already seen the Grodd one thanks to just2good and we've already seen the GL one from SDCC

Time to rant. I hate the new capes, as I've said before. They look flimsy and annoying, and I will definitely switch them out for the older ones. Figs: Martian Manhunter: Wow! TLG outdid themselves with this figure, comparing it to the older one from earlier this year. I love that he finally has the cape collar, if you will, and I like his face a lot better. MM doesn't need leg printing, so he's fine in my book. Supergirl: Wish they would've gone with the New 52 variant, but, eh, it's alright. I love her face and torso, but the legs look a bit iffy to me...I don't know what it is, though. But the rest of the figure is nice. Brainiac: Definitely the best from the set, IMO. From the appearance he's based off of, this figure doesn't need leg printing at all; if he did, it would be inaccurate. Looks perfectly finished to me. Superman: Ugh. Another classic Supes? Dammit, LEGO. Give us the New 52 variant! I'm glad they added the laser eyes to his face, however. Ship: Too small to capture the essence of the real thing in LEGO. I get that they needed another small price, but a larger ship would have been welcome, as it seems a bit small for the 3 heroes to battle. Of course, you could add Darkseid and Grodd to the equation, and the heroes would be outmatched. Overall, I have mixed feelings about this set. I'll pick it up for sure, but this will not be a day one purchase for me. The only two that are are GL and Darkseid, and probably Grodd. I give this set a 6.5/10.

Edited by mattdev25

I don't think the capes are great on the Kryptonians. On Batman, it looked fine. MM looks really good, and thank heaven they chose the older cape for his collar. That neckline would be unforgivable if it were felt as well. Why not Vitruvius/Galadriel/Wizard/Elsa's softer fabric cape material? I do like their flexibiIity, for easy seating and heroic posing.

I like Brainiac, but I wish he was calmer. The ship is great, straight out of the game as a mini Skull Ship, and it looks good. Supergirl looks good, too.

Odd how the New 52 designs aren't used on Supergirl, Superman, and Captain Cold. They have a big kick on it, but those few don't get the modern designs? Is it designer preference (they can choose classic if they don't like New 52) or the recognition factor?

Edited by 8BrickMario

I really dont get any of the complaints about the new figures, they look amazing IMO.

You don't get it because you don't get others' preferences. That's your opinion, not everyone else's.

I personally really like the new capes. I have a billion copies of the old version which always get damaged unless I rarely touch the minifigure and leave them standing up on display or choose to not put the cape on. The new cape is welcomed to me as it will not get damaged by bending and is using a stronger material.

New capes will certainly make it easier to store the Superhero figs. Keep mine in those plastic shoe box-sized totes, and in the Hero bin all of the figs are carefully laid upside down to preserve the capes. These sound a bit easier to manage, at least if they're anything like the Hun Warrior's in Series 13.

I'm just afraid this new material frays easily.

It hasn't frayed yet on my Storm minifigure. Meanwhile half the other capes I got during that same time period are all bent up already. I'm betting at the end of the day the lifespan for each fabric will be similar. The new ones may eventually fray, but the old ones will eventually wrinkle too.

Shame Supergirl has the red eyes. Her face looks so much like the videogame/microfigure Eowyn it would have been perfect for a custom. Still a nice figure though.

My one disappointment about Supergirl is that they didn't use her face from the New 52 design. I would have much preferred the red lips and blond eyebrows over what they gave us (There are so few female minifigures with blond eyebrows).

I really hope that the sets are out soon, as looking at these pictures make me want the sets SO much more.

Edited by mattdev25

Technically, none of the figures have boot printing - they have leg printing, but the boots are the unprinted part. For Flash to have yellow boots, the entire leg would have to be yellow with red printing on the top half.

Wow, can't wait to get the Brainiac Attack set, Supergirl looks great and I'm loving that ship. Really, I wish I could get all of the figs from this wave, but I'll probably only be able to afford to pick up the Braniac and Gorila Grodd sets.

I sure hope that someday they'll come out with a DC Lego CMF series.

Wow, can't wait to get the Brainiac Attack set, Supergirl looks great and I'm loving that ship. Really, I wish I could get all of the figs from this wave, but I'll probably only be able to afford to pick up the Braniac and Gorila Grodd sets.

I sure hope that someday they'll come out with a DC Lego CMF series.

Doubt it.

Yeah, I can't see them selling DC figures for 3/4$ when they can sell them with some mostly useless builds for a lot more.

Edited by psqidexslizer248

Will Black Manta Deep-Sea Strike pictures be shown tomorrow?

Your guess is a good as mine. We don't know what review will be tomorrow or even if there will be a review tomorrow.

That Germany catalog says April for these. I was under the impression these were coming in January? It would really suck if the catalog is right.

People have found them, so im assuming theyre offical release date is earlier than april.