Ezekiel2517

DC Superheroes 2015 Rumors & Discussions

Looking forward to the Braniac stuff, the Darkseid pictures were wonderful. Love that Cyborg. :wub:

Whats with supermans cape in those images? looks super tick, I've noticed the cape fabric on Galadriel is not the typical lego cape fabric, is soft and light. But whats on superman looks way thicker?

Whats with supermans cape in those images? looks super tick, I've noticed the cape fabric on Galadriel is not the typical lego cape fabric, is soft and light. But whats on superman looks way thicker?

It looks like the same type of fabric as Storm's cape. Batman is also using it in the new wave. They're a lot more flexable than the old capes so it should prevent them from getting crumpled and damaged when putting the minifigures into vehicles.

The question is, is this going to be the norm for all capes from now on? Or just for 'figs in sets with vehicles? Personally I hope it's not an across-the-board change, because while some variety is welcome, I don't see flimsy soft capes being as pose-able.

Black Manta is the one set I'm skipping on, I'll just buy BM on ebay with my yearly import alongside Rockets Polybag.

Edited by Steph 104th

The question is, is this going to be the norm for all capes from now on? Or just for 'figs in sets with vehicles? Personally I hope it's not an across-the-board change, because while some variety is welcome, I don't see flimsy soft capes being as pose-able.

The capes in the Brainiac set are cloth, too, and there's no vehicle in there for them in that set. I'd say that's the new normal. I'm not totally on board with it either, though. The cloth capes don't look quite as good.

The capes in the Brainiac set are cloth, too, and there's no vehicle in there for them in that set. I'd say that's the new normal. I'm not totally on board with it either, though. The cloth capes don't look quite as good.

I'm compelled to agree. I think what may have looked better is if they had just had one hole in the fabric rather than the crossover as then the cape wouldn't look as thick around the neck. Then again storm's looks fine to me and if its same material then i'll wait til I see it in the flesh to make judgement.

The set is awesome, the review just reinforced my need for the set, I really love the skull.

Also with the darkseid set, its nice to see the translucent red pieces, they were previously exclusive to Arkham Asylum.

Oooo! Finally pictures of the Brainiac Set!

Martian Manhunter is amazing! He is just spectacular--and so much nicer than the promo version! Everything about him is awesome! I love the face and unlike the other fabric capes, his looks very nice here. It is interesting that Vader notes that MM uses a newer cape for the bottom and the old fabric for the top--which I guess is good for us fans of the old style since we can swap out the bottom for an old blue cape (such as the one used on the promo MM) and still get the great top half.

I do agree with Vader's comments on Brainiac--that figure is just plain boring. He really could have used either leg printing or a torso print that did not suggest he was missing leg printing! I think I'm going to add in a light bley hip piece with black legs, since that may make the transition look better. However the thing I really don't like is his face print--since he's angry! Brainiac shouldn't be angry, he's a robot! I really wish they would have went with a neutral expression--I always prefer a neutral expressions in most instances because you can read many emotions into it--now my Brainiac is going to be forever mad! Oh well.

I have to say Supergirl is amazing; and here the new fabric cape works well since her hair would otherwise destroy an old style cape. And I'm happy to see her legs have side printing and seem to be very high quality. Oooo...wait...saw Martian Manhunter again...he's perfect.

Anyways, the ship is also nice but a bit bare. Still this is a day one buy (like all the other sets) for me.

Brainiac set looks nice too! It's a relief (to me) that MM has the old style cape for the top. Him and Brainiac could both use leg printing, though. Supergirl looks great, as does the ship. :wub:

Edited by K-Nut

I'm surprised that Supergirls suit is based in her pre-52 version,but the biggest disappointment is Superman hasn't changed at all since the Lex luthor mech set with the only difference his new cape.

I like the capes, especially for Supergirl. Hopefully we'll get a purple one down the line for Batgirl (Because her hair has wrinkled the old one a lot).

I will agree the neckline doesn't look quite right, but to be honest I actually thought that with the old capes too, so this is just more of the same for me.

My only real disappointment is the same old Superman. They could've at least given us a new face variation or boots.

The cloth just doesn't look quite as clean as the old capes. Maybe if the fabric was thinner and wasn't so fragile (they look like you could pull them apart string by string) I'd be more okay with it.

The lack of a new Supes is really lame, especially since it's the same one that's in the Javelin. I needed a second Superman torso for a custom '90s Superboy figure, but I don't need two for sure. Crossing my fingers for a Bizarro set with New 52 Superman and Guy Gardner

Those capes look horrible on Superman and Supergirl! It looks like they have scarfs on!

Aesthetically they might be slightly weaker, but they are more flexible and aren't nearly as stiff, and for me makes them look more realistic and therefore I like them

I'm just afraid this new material frays easily.

Those capes look horrible on Superman and Supergirl! It looks like they have scarfs on!

That's what i thought as well :sceptic:

I'm gonna wait till i see them in person before i pass judgement.

Aesthetically they might be slightly weaker, but they are more flexible and aren't nearly as stiff, and for me makes them look more realistic and therefore I like them

I'm just afraid this new material frays easily.

But the fabric in the Galadriel cape is very soft and flexible aswell, and that does not look fat like these capes. Thats waht they should use. I believe the fabric is the same on Elsa.

Personally I like the new Fabric capes, they are much more natural and look more realistic. They really suit the Super hero sets where the capes are meant to be flowing or draped over the hero. The old capes were way to stiff and they just never suited the figures, especial a figure like Batman who's cape is meant to be flowing in the wind.

We get it. Some people don't like the capes. You can use capes from previous figures or buy capes from third parties online if you don't like the new versions. Here's a suggestion: Send your suggestions to Lego on new types of fabric to use in the future that preserves the neck line. Move along.

We get it. Some people don't like the capes. You can use capes from previous figures or buy capes from third parties online if you don't like the new versions. Here's a suggestion: Send your suggestions to Lego on new types of fabric to use in the future that preserves the neck line. Move along.

So we shouldn't discuss what we don't dislike about the sets? What's the point of having a discussion board if people want to stop us from discussing things?