Ezekiel2517

DC Superheroes 2015 Rumors & Discussions

Do you mean a phone box like the one superman might get changed in?

I think that's more likely,

A phone booth would have been a nice addition to the Javelin set

No I mean a fully fledged Tardis. It may just be a pop culture reference, but as it is so recognisable as the Tardis I think lego may have got into trouble for using it if they weren't already in talks for the licence. I'll replay the level and snap a pic of it. Basically you are in a space simulator. You smash a box and a pile of bricks appear. You then build the pile and a Tardis is formed. The box rings. You collect the minikin piece then it disappears.

There is a phone box for supes to get changed in also, but this is a separate function for superman that can be performed anywhere in the game.

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/26222008874074953/59835AB2ECFFF67CB4A9EEE7E0A8172D71B8FFD0/

Edited by Ellteltoone

Do you mean a phone box like the one superman might get changed in?

Actually, in the Space suits you, sir! level inside the dark room with the rover, you can enter it with Plastic Man and dig up some stuff to build a red phonebooth with a minikit inside. Once you grab the minikit the light on top lights up and then the booth starts spinning and then vanishes, just like the Tardis. I'd say it's just a reference, since I think that there was a similar easter egg in Lego Marvel.

EDIT: Nevermind, beat me to it.

Edited by Numbuh1Nerd

Might just be with TT being UK based its a Doctor Who reference for the sake of it with the colour changed to red to be like a generic british phone booth.

Don't forget the Weeping Angels, there is one outside the Hall of Doom, and one in a level, but I forget which.

The Tardis is a police box as opposed to a phone box. So changing the colour scheme wouldn't make it a phone box. I think it's red as it is intended for Plastic man to build it. I understand the box mentioned in lego marvel, was more like the phone booth from Bill and Ted.

Game spoilers would be better for another thread, ladies. Some of us haven't played it yet. Thanks :hmpf_bad:

It is completely irrelevant to the subject, but I don't think that counts as a spoiler. Either way, maybe we should get back on subject?

Apparently one of the upcoming DLC packs for Lego Batman 3 is going to be based on Justice League vs. Bizarro League, including Guy Gardner, Darkseid, and Bizarro for sure. Maybe the movie exists to advertise the DLC rather than a set?

An entire movie to advertise a DLC pack seems kind of counter-intuitive. They probably didn't put Darkseid and Bizarro into the full game so that they could promote DLC based on it though.

Edited by Super Fish Oil

About Plastic Man, they chose his Flashpoint costume, since it is his most recent look. I much prefer it to the decidedly immodest classic outfit. The leg detailing is impressive, and he's standing with the other JL members, awaiting Hawkman, Arrow, Cyborg, and the new Batman, WW, and MM. To get him, though, it was complicated. I arrived on the 11th to get the game, and I asked, "Is the preorder bonus included?" The woman replied cryptically, "It's in the case." Being confused, and a sort of passive person, I left. But the next day I specified, showing them the game, and they immediately gave me a Plastic Man from the drawer. I'm glad they were so nice after the confusion on both sides.

1. Batzarro looks amazing. and 2. I don't have to waste money on a stupid Blu-ray edition? Yes!

Late December most likely.

Hopefully earlier than that. I believe the first ever wave came out around the 14th of December did it not?

Hopefully earlier than that. I believe the first ever wave came out around the 14th of December did it not?

It all depends on location.

Some countries release the sets earlier than others.

If they followed the "rules" we wouldn't actually see any sets till January.

I seriously doubt TLG will pass up releasing their all star sets literally right after the holiday season's through. My bet, December 15th-20th, 21st at the latest.

Edited by mattdev25

I seriously doubt TLG will pass up releasing their all star sets literally right after the holiday season's through. My bet, December 15th-20th, 21st at the latest.

LEGO always officially release there new sets January 1st for Europe, and January 31st for USA. It's how they make a large percentage of there money. This is so they sell as many of there old sets as possible, then when the shelfs are empty they release new sets.

Yeah... I've always been under the impression that the Winter wave hits on 1st January although some stores will have their stock in before Christmas day... just that it's kept back of store.

I do recall some lucky people saying that the odd sets have found their way to shelf before that due to the stock on the shelves emptying of the old sets... so there was shelf space... but I wouldn't hold out hope.

My Lego store in Liverpool certainly doesn't do early releases of things.

Other themes have different dates for release (UK/Europe gets SW much earlier than US but it's the other way round for LOTR/Hobbit)... I'm not sure about the SH line in general.

I think it tends to be other retailers that put stuff out early far more often than Lego stores too. I hear that some of the 2015 City sets have started appearing at Toys R Us already - I think that was in the Canada.

As soon as I get any credible info on the 2015 DC sets hitting shelves in the UK I'm off to buy the set with Hawkman in...one of my favourite characters, who I'd pretty much given up hope of getting an official minifigure of. Now I just need DC to put out a really successful Justice League Dark movie and I might have a chance at getting a Deadman...not counting on it though!

IMO, the 2015 DC sets are going to come sometime in December. Some of the new figures from the sets are already popping up on EBAY.

So, some of these sets are being released early 2015? I saw the lego calendar and said nothing about super heroes, other than star wars, friends, the hobbit and another line but this one

Hopefully the Green Lantern and Darkseid sets are released in December, because I really want those, and January just seems too far away.

Now I just need DC to put out a really successful Justice League Dark movie and I might have a chance at getting a Deadman...not counting on it though!

I'm hoping, too! Maybe if we all clap real hard? :grin:

Last year, the Riddler Chase and one of the other sets were showing up at Walmart in the US around the 20th of December. I think the previous year's sets showed up same time/place. We'll see.