Ezekiel2517

DC Superheroes 2015 Rumors & Discussions

I still wish she had the iconic lasso for those who missed out on the Lex Luthor set. I have it, but still, look at this:

*snip*

I would have preferred both.

I think the missed opportunity is to include a coiled up lasso (like the CMF mountain climber's rope but in gold) to have it included but act as extra incentive to those who had the Lex set. It is however good to see that wonder woman is actively fighting (even if from the jet) on the cover rather than acting as the damsel in distress character!

Edited by CorneliusMurdock
Please don't quote pictures.

To be honest I'm not really thrilled with sets. I'll get 3 sets but not sure if I get them right away. Vehicle designs are terrible. Worse than terrible actually.

I know for sure I want a set with the new Batman, and the Manta sub thing appeals to me more because, honestly, I don't know what I would do with Grodd or a bat mech. Or a awfully inaccurate invisible jet. I really really hope we get a Deathstroke based on LB2BG in the next wave.

This wave is a huge step up from 2012-2014 DC Superheroes. The builds for the Javelin and Green Lantern sets are the only ones that truly impress me and the Bat-Mech is probably the weakest.

The figures are the real selling point for this wave. Finally we have a Justice League. It only took three years...

It seems crazy that it's taken TLG so long to realise they can sell figures other than Batman. I was pretty much at the point of assuming a full line up would only happen if it tied in with a film, very glad to be proven wrong. Next bit of info needed, what exact date will these hit shelves? Must buy Hawkman on day one!

I'm a little disappointed with the villains in this wave. They seem horribly overmatched in every one of these sets. Also I find it disappointing that Cheetah was excluded from the lineup.

I'm a little disappointed with the villains in this wave. They seem horribly overmatched in every one of these sets. Also I find it disappointing that Cheetah was excluded from the lineup.

Overmatched? Darksied alone could destroy all those heroes.

It seems crazy that it's taken TLG so long to realise they can sell figures other than Batman. I was pretty much at the point of assuming a full line up would only happen if it tied in with a film, very glad to be proven wrong.

Hopefully they keep the momentum up in future waves! Unless this line doesn't sell well for some reason :look:

Edited by Ultron

My hope is that now we are moving away from just Batman this wave has set up loads of hero minifigures, potentially next wave the balance will be higher on the villain side. E.g next wave could have a set with Flash (and probably obligatory Batman appearance) taking on Trickster and Weather Wizard. There are a huge amount of villains that can be done with existing moulds so the investment is lower on TLGs side.

Edited by Shib

Overmatched? Darksied alone could destroy all those heroes.

Yea but he doesn't. Even with all the parademons he has in Justice League War he still loses. What kind of story would that be if all the world's mightiest heroes lost? I'm saying it looks heavily skewed in the heroes' favor given all the vehicles and giant toys they have. That little hover craft darkseid had looks very unimpressive

Its not Darkseid's fault Lego had budget cuts and no he has a weak weapon, at least he has something to fly away with. I don't think he is outnumbered, remember in the mind of the child, the big imposing Darkseid will stamp and pummel anything. As Sam892 said he is more than capable of jumping onto the Javelin and tearing it to pieces and he is capable of defeating all those heroes too.

I'm hoping that getting Hawkman in a set means we'll be getting other characters like Zatanna, Hawkgirl or maybe even a John Stewart in the future. Fingers crossed we get those figures some time in the future!

(Wow, we've only just got these pictures and I'm already about thinking the next lineups)

I think the kind of thing I would do to whoever gave Lego the idea to make these sets wouldn't be suitable for word

:wub: :wub: :wub:

Here's hoping for more Green Lantern based sets,like the inclusion of the Red Lanterns of Blue ones now that would be cool.

They could include a white lantern variant of Batman to keep up the necessary number of Batman minifigures to go with them.

Mace Windu head + Green Lantern's body + Black hands = Jon Stewart

Hmm yea not bad.But I'd prefer green hands.

They could include a white lantern variant of Batman to keep up the necessary number of Batman minifigures to go with them.

Yea,unfortunately Bats will always haunt this theme.In every corner you'll look and he will be there!!!! Edited by LOTR343

Hmm yea not bad.But I'd prefer green hands.

Yea,unfortunately Bats will always haunt this theme.In every corner you'll look and he will be there!!!!

Without the success of the previous batman lines I don't think there would have been the confidence to produce this next wave.

Unfortunately batman sells! Where a Hawkman prominent set wouldn't and the same could be said for many others in the DC Universe.

This has always been the case in the comic book world also.

Batman is not only an anchor for the theme, but it's what LEGO is comfortable with. I'm actually proud of them for moving out of that comfort zone to please more fans and give us more variety. I'm sure after this wave, any future JL sets will be much more substantial with the builds.

And the only reason Batman is so present is that LEGO is trying to use the heck outta that new cowl.

Edited by 8BrickMario

It looks like there is room under Manta's helmet for a head, but most likely just snaps onto his neck post. :sceptic:

These minifigs are still great anyway!

Batman is great to use but Lego just continues to reuse his same rogue gallery over and over. They could use Clayface or Mad hatter at least to spice it up.

I agree, I'm a batman fan, always have been. His ethos is it's own entity and perhaps should have a separate line rather than playing a cameo in every set. I welcome the addition of new characters as they are great to have in lego form and are deserving of their own sets, but I too think there are definitely other characters that definitely need to make an appearance. I've wanted a mad hatter and clay face since the first lego batman range was released.

I'd also love to see killer moth and the moth mobile. Corgi did a great die cast of this vehicle with a little moth man statue. These cheesy comic vehicles perfectly lend themselves to lego and haven't been exploited in my opinion.