Ezekiel2517

DC Superheroes 2015 Rumors & Discussions

i am excited for all of the sets. sure you can nitpick all day but these sets are a huge step up from any previous attempts at a DC universe. Bravo Lego! Lets keep this up! Variety, Lots of characters, new vehicles and scenery.

It looks like Batman's face is printed on a black head! That will make the cowl look so much better! Hopefully they've been able to clean up the flesh on dark head problem so we don't get another sun-tanned Cap looking character :grin:

Awesome news! Thanks a million J2G, these sets and figures look great, I'm sure I'll have to buy them as soon as I've bought this years lot. Btw that 'new super jumper' is looking curious. :classic:

I'm a bit late... But am I the only one who hopes that shark in the Black Manta Set is made of rubber? You know why...

And I'm very glad to be getting Green Arrow in a set. Most excellent.

I'm going to wait for clearer pictures to make a final judgement, but so far, these look spectacular! I can't wait to see a better picture of that new Batman!

These all look really good! The javelin looks much better in final pics, as do both the Grodd set and the Manta set. It's also nice (personally) to see that GL has another face besides the grin. :thumbup: Hawkman and GA look good, though I'm saddened that Supes looks like the same one from 2012. I would have definitely preferred the fig featured in the game. Also, it's weird that they just gave Cyborg a gun opposed to the gun arm that some CMFs have had in the past. Grodd and Darkseid look fine to me, since I don't hate the hunched-over look.

Yes there is still a set that we don't have pictures from and it does include Supergirl. Just2good, the man who released the set pictures, said that, unfortunately, he couldn't find the set with supergirl in it.

Thanks. I was a little confused if it was a set missing on that lot of pictures of the figure had been swapped for another one. :wink:

Is it me or does Grodd look different on the box from the set picture? Seems as there is no light grey other than his hands on the pic not on the box.

I'm very satisfied, except for the piece counts. If the Manta set is going to be $40 (I think that is what we heard or predicted somewhere) then that one is okay, but the Grodd and Darkseid ones? Not so much. The minifigures are amazing though, even Darkseid. I'm happy to see Wonder Woman in pants, even if it is inaccurate. I was going to do that myself anyway. Captain Cold, Cyborg, and the Truck Driver look good too (his hair is a saving grace) but I am most excited for Green Arrow and Hawkman. Arrow could really use some leg printing, but otherwise both of them look amazing. Aside from the Javelin, the builds leave something to be desired, but ah well.

Thanks. I was a little confused if it was a set missing on that lot of pictures of the figure had been swapped for another one. :wink:

No problem. :D

Is it me or does Grodd look different on the box from the set picture? Seems as there is no light grey other than his hands on the pic not on the box.

I saw that too. I wonder why.

Grodd: Classic Cold looks great, and so does Grodd. The picture discrepancy is easily explained. The Shop at Home style images frequently have errors, such as the Space Batman wings in the first image, and even Hawkman's. The banana company worker might be my favorite minifig in the set! The truck is meh, but I quite like the mech and jet. I'll definitely get this.

Darkseid: This one looks great, too. Cyborg is absolutely perfect, and Hawkman judging by the box art, is too. Arrow looks great. Darkseid is interesting, but not my favorite. The Javelin looks good, but I'd need to see its interior. The cannon platform is nice, too.

Black Manta: YES! Manta and his sub are perfection! I love the windscreen choice and the tubing motif. The temple gate is useless padding that looks good, and the shark is fantastic, Robin looks interesting, though his hair is confusing. Batman is obviously never leaving the sub without scuba gear this time. The Batsub looks great, too.

Green Lantern: Already seen it, but I wonder why the wings have been updated for the out-of-box image now, but not so for Hawkman's?

THANK YOU, Just2good! You are living up to your name for this!

Edited by 8BrickMario

Thanks for all the feedback! Grodd is definitely not painted in the out of the box picture, and error by LEGO as Oky pointed out.

Here are the pictures, click on them for their original resolution.

15395235132_b3c2602e0e.jpg

15395236242_39c31f7129.jpg

15395564345_1f3b850938.jpg

15208819159_29d6b89de0.jpg

15208970168_dbc54fe3a6.jpg

15392384581_6eedfb1855.jpg

15395239152_a2f07c619f.jpg

15392386911_2ec5e25dec.jpg

It looks like Batman's face is printed on a black head! That will make the cowl look so much better! Hopefully they've been able to clean up the flesh on dark head problem so we don't get another sun-tanned Cap looking character :grin:

Yeah, I'm afraid of that too...

Also, it's weird that they just gave Cyborg a gun opposed to the gun arm that some CMFs have had in the past.

I know what you mean, but it makes sense when you think about it. This way we can have Cyborg with a hand and with a cannon, and he can actually shoot something.

Speaking of weapon inaccuracies, one nitpick I have is that Hawkman's weapon should be a mace, not a flail. The weapon he has in the game is much more accurate in my opinion, but I can easily make that myself, so it's really just a minor gripe.

Thanks again J2G, I've just realised that the new super jumper piece is that see through hovering brick, I'm just guessing that you place a minifigure on this piece then apply force onto the opposing end to create a flying figure. :classic:

Why do so few figures have printed legs? I'm sick of lego's cost cutting.

Lego, listen - you can't charge us these insane prices and cut corners, anywhere. You charge more than a ps4 game - you give us all the bells and whistles

AWESOME images 'J2G'.....thank you for posting them.

I'm buying each one, all the figures are fantastic, but why is Wonder Woman holding a sword but her lasso ?

Sorry, I'm just too old school Super Friend's era I guess ! :laugh:

Interesting idea have two cape/wing combos for Hawkman and Batman. :wink:

Can't wait to see the last remind DC set in that wave.......wondering if it will be a retail exclusive ?

Edit - I guess the only thing I'm disappointed about is the Black Manta set not having any other sea creatures for Aquaman to call on for help. :sadnew:

Edited by lightningtiger

Any clue on when Brainiac pics might surface? Curious if Superman will be different, which version of MM we will get and just want to see the final version of the ship!

Any clue on when Brainiac pics might surface? Curious if Superman will be different, which version of MM we will get and just want to see the final version of the ship!

I believe just2good said he might have some Wendsday.

Don't know if anyone has noticed but Robin has different hair!

Pretty sad no new Superman suit though.

PS Can't wait to see Brainiac!!!

Edited by MODOCTORDOOM

I have got a very unrealitive question for just2good. Sorry if this is a stupid unrealivant question but I recently uploaded pictures and my thoughts of the lego movie 2015 sets, then today out of nowhere I got flagged by youtube. I'm very mad I don't understand how you or the brickshow or even other channels can post a video like this but I can't, I know this is unrealivant but please reply.

[...]

Speaking of weapon inaccuracies, one nitpick I have is that Hawkman's weapon should be a mace, not a flail. The weapon he has in the game is much more accurate in my opinion, but I can easily make that myself, so it's really just a minor gripe.

Weapons

• Archaic Weaponry: Hawkman has access to an entire arsenal of medieval weaponry. His favored weapons are the mace and flail.

I'll allow it! :laugh:

I've been a way for a while again guys. I've just been so busy with everything lately I've not had time to check this forum at all. Would you all be so kind as too tell me if I've missed anything over the past 2-3 weeks?