Ezekiel2517

DC Superheroes 2015 Rumors & Discussions

Cheers for the video mate, Seeing the GG et has under 400 pieces theres no way it could be the $67.99 price i shared recently, even the Dsi only has 545? Unless i missed some sudden price jack that seems high? Anyway the sets look great and i cant wait to lay my hands on some.

These sets have pretty high price per pieces if the speculated prices are true for the Grodd, Manta, and Javelin sets.

Is the Green Arrow torso print the same as the comicon exclusive?

Just noticed the small Justice League ensemble logo picture...thing in the top right corner of the box art. Small detail but it looks cool :classic:

Honestly, I kinda like Darkseid's hover cannon. It feels like a little taste of Apokolips.

I agree, I really like the cannon. It gives the set more than just Darkseid on his own I guess.

Edited by ProfessorHawk

Honestly, I kinda like Darkseid's hover cannon. It feels like a little taste of Apokolips. I would've liked to have seen a Parademon or something, but I can live without it if it means there's now a GA figure I can actually afford.

I agree, both on the hover canon and the Parademon, but regarding the latter, I think we are already getting spoiled with this wave as it is, so I'm not complaining.

I reckon so... If Shazam gets his own movie then I don't see why we won't see a version of him.

Indeed. We might also see Bizzaro in a set if they keep making JL sets, perhaps without the sign on his chest.

EDIT: Yeah PocasNuckie, just2good will probably post pics later. Wow, I love these sets! I am definitely buying Green Lantern vs. Sinestro and Gorilla Grodd Goes Bananas right away! If Braniac Attack looks good, that too. Black Manta Deep Sea Strike looks nice, but I already have Aquaman and I don't like the set too much. Darkseid Invasion looks good, but it looks like it'll be a bit more expensive so I might wait on it for a bit.

Edited by AnthonyP301

Wasn't there a set with Super Girl?

Yes there is still a set that we don't have pictures from and it does include Supergirl. Just2good, the man who released the set pictures, said that, unfortunately, he couldn't find the set with supergirl in it.

Finally some pictures! And still, they look great as they did in the prelim photos.

So far the Gorilla Grodd set is easily my favorite. All the figures are perfect (Granted there's a lack of boots! I'll stop saying this when Lego starts doing this!), and I'm so happy we have a classic look for Captain Cold (And I guess Grodd too, granted he never changes much). Wonder Woman's jet looks better here than it did before, however I'm still not much of a fan of the shape. Bat-Mech is Bat-Mech. I didn't expect however to love the Banana Driver and car so much! It's crazy, but it's also epic!

The Black Manta set looks spectacular as well, and I love the inclusion of a unique henchman shark for Manta (Now I have to collect those too apparently! Gotta keep my henchman army populated!). Other than that, the set still seems a bit of a rehash, but I'm fine with that since I'm getting closer to completing my perfect Legion of Doom!

I was perhaps most excited for the Darkseid set, but it may have slipped a bit. I love the inclusion of Green Arrow, and his look is great even if I'd prefer the Animated look. That being said I'm very upset that he doesn't include...a green quiver. We have Green Bow with no arrows. The Javelin’s color scheme is throwing me a bit, mostly the trans colored bricks; I don’t feel trans blue and red go together with white; so I’ll be swapping out one of those. Anyways, Hawkman looks fantastic, and I cannot wait to see his new wing piece. Cyborg is equally good, even though I feel he's a bit too dark looking; but that's New 52 for yah. Speaking of which, Darkseid...I feel he got one of the worst redesigns in the New 52...all I see on him is a red "U" on his crotch; and that's basically what we got here. On the plus side I love his flying platform; it seems to fit with the character well. And I'm surprised we get the classic version of Superman--presumably the 52 version will be in the Brainiac set.

Regardless of my comments, it is clear to me now that I'll be buying all of these sets on first sight!

I love the inclusion of Green Arrow, and his look is great even if I'd prefer the Animated look. That being said I'm very upset that he doesn't include...a green quiver. We have Green Bow with no arrows.

I guess it's the hood or the quiver, not both. I think he still has a quiver on the side of his leg in the New 52, so he's not entirely devoid of arrows :grin:

Is the Green Arrow torso print the same as the comicon exclusive?

I don't think so. It looks like the belt is printed lower and doesn't curve around the torso like the SDCC one. The dark green portions of the suit also look like they don't have the stripe textures.

The new Green Arrow has a new belt (I think?), a new head, and legs without boot printing (-__-) I'm sure there're more differences, but we don't exactly have a close-up of the guy to work with.

I just noticed that Robin comes with different hair than he normally has! It's just the generic male black hair, though. Still, different, and a bit more accurate.

Just looking at the number of pieces on the sets, it looks like the Black Manta (387 pieces) and Grodd (347 pieces) sets will both be around £50, if you compare it with sets like this years Hulk Lab Smash, which was £50 and had 398 pieces.

This may be completely wrong since we got those prices from that other site (can't remember the name) but if this were true, I'd say they look pretty reasonable in comparison to other sets.

Are those capes and wings a new way of folding or something? I really don't know how Hawkman's folded wings work. :look:

Anyway the prices on these sets are getting quite high:

Edited by Cammo

Are those capes and wings a new way of folding or something? I really don't know how Hawkman's folded wings work. :look:

No, they are just two seperate thin plastic wings. The sets will include a "closed" and "flight mode" for each character who needs them.

Lovin' the Javelin set. Can't decide if I like this or the Braniac one more.

Grodd set doesn't interest me at all.

Black Manta set also doesn't interest me.

I don't get why the invisible jet is almost entirely trans pieces yet green lanterns barely has any. Yeah, they're different sizes and some pieces are easier to make trans than others...but still.

Not too keen on Darkseid, I just don't think the hunched over style works and would have preferred a minfigure one as this one's fist is as big as superman's torso. I understand its New 52 but the version I like best is the one Michael Ironside brought to life in the animated series. no movement in legs just destroys the playability and use factor for me. I'll get the set for green arrow and the rest but darkseid himself is a disappointment for me :sceptic:

Otherwise: Well done LEGO!!!! Great selection of characters: The gang is all there and a couple of extras which is nice. Six non batman DC villains is excellent! Grodd looks great as does sinestro, Manta, Capt. cold, Braniac is sure to be like the videogame where he looks awesome! I love the new batman the black head with printing and the new mask and the body armour and belt details look amazing. Got to be one of the best comic book Batmen we have had. Flash and Aqua are carryovers which is a shame as Aqua man could have at least had a beard and shorter hair. What's great with these sets is you can pretty much collect the whole JL with these sets. Plus some other heroes! Add that to great new villains and some pretty cool looking sets and more variety than just in Gotham city with some undersea, space, metropolis locations. ROLL ON 2015!!!

Edited by legofreak86

First off, thanks so much for the pictures, Just2Good :sweet::thumbup:

Darkseid Invasion

I'm kinda disappointed with Darkseid... I was afraid the bigfigs would have (practically) the same pose as the Hulk and now it turns out they do... Gorilla Grodd as well :sceptic:

This set is still my favorite, though. Quite a bit of new figs, most of them of very cool characters in my opinion :sweet: Green Arroooww :wub: I'm rather satisfied with him, no idea how the new (to me) hood piece will look, but I can always exchange it with the older version in dark green (assuming that looks right, of course).

The Javelin looks really cool too, so...

Gorilla Grodd Goes Bananas

Still not liking this set... Gorilla Grodd looks bland to me, just a giant ape, nothing more...

Might skip this set entirely and buy a few interesting pieces (such as the brown hair on the truck driver, for a custom Agent Coulson :devil: ) on BL.

Black Manta's Deep Sea Strike

Same opinion as before. Will probably skip this set too... I'd be buying it only for Black Manta, so...

Green Lantern vs. Sinestro

Can't wait to finally have a Green Lantern :cry_happy: have quite a few ideas for mini-MOC's already and searched BL for parts to order :blush:

Sinestro looks really cool too :purrr:

Here's hoping for Brainiac Attacks pictures soon!

Regards,

Mitch

First off, thanks to J2G for these. It's nice to see something finalized.

I thought the purpose of Licensed sets was for the figures only..and the bricks were just a bonus? that is how I have been interpreting them for so long now.

Anyway, the sets themselves are okay looking. I think I was more excited for the prelims than the actual results. I don't know what shifted, but my interest was lowered.

With that said, I will probably still pick them all up, but mostly just for the figures. I don't love the new style wings. I hate plastic wings. The geonosians were useless. It will make sitting easier I guess.

The bigfigs are a disappointment. I didn't know what to expect, since I have never heard of these characters before, but I don't follow the comics very closely.

I may be the only one that likes the Bat-mech. We need more Bat vehicles and characters! (I think I am the only one asking for this). But I like seeing a new Wonder Woman. I'll have one to give to my daughter now. Pants are more appropriate than underwear anyway.

It does sound like an expensive wave though. But I guess the bigfigs will bump up the price quite a bit.

Edited by TheLegoDr

I may be the only one that likes the Bat-mech. We need more Bat vehicles and characters! (I think I am the only one asking for this).

You aren't the only one. I too would love to see more bats characters but, with more variety than what we've gotten so far (I really don't need 4 Joker's :hmpf_bad: ).

Edited by psqidexslizer248

You aren't the only one. I too would love to see more bats characters but, with more variety than what we've gotten so far (I really don't need 4 Joker's :hmpf_bad: ).

As much of a Bat-Fan I am it's nice to see the wider dc universe being explored for once so that fans of other characters can get some fan-service.

Plus, we're getting a Bat-Mech and a Bat-Sub so there isn't a complete lack of bat vehicles.

As much of a Bat-Fan I am it's nice to see the wider dc universe being explored for once so that fans of other characters can get some fan-service.

Plus, we're getting a Bat-Mech and a Bat-Sub so there isn't a complete lack of bat vehicles.

Agreed, I also like how we are getting some other heroes enemies. (Basically, I just want about 100 sets for DC with all the characters in the DC universe all for free. :grin: That's not too much to ask for, is it?)