Ezekiel2517

DC Superheroes 2015 Rumors & Discussions

Finally I meet other people who love Beware the Batman!

Dude... You are missing out! Starting from the mid season episode onward they bring in;

Ra's al Ghul

Harvey Dent (foreshadowing Two Face)

Killer Croc

Man Bat

DEATHSTROKE

and they even throw in a Penguin reference.

Really? Huh. Too bad my vacation is almost over and I won't get to see it until December. Oh well, more to look forward too!

A pretty neat arsenal of villains. I actually am a little disappointed though, because I respected that they were trying to popularize some of the lesser-known Batman villains such as Anarchy. Still, Deathstroke and Al Ghul will be cool. Thanks.

Admins, apologies for veering off topic.

To stay on topic, anyone think that LEGO probably had some Beware the Batman sets planned for 2015 before the show was cancelled? I can definitely see at least one set with probably Katana and the snake Lady assassin(name please?) (or perhaps Silver Monkey (?))?

They had BvS:DoJ planned, i do not know what else. I imagian if they wanted to promote it better they wouldnt have just made a BtB Bats and ride.

Looking back at a site where the pics were uploaded last time, it looks like very late October is when most of our leaked prelims came. Ninjago images and I think one DC image or two leaked before the prelims, though, thanks to some online retailers listing the sets early.

October 31st exactly, Penguin Face-Off leaked a month before

Lego is getting the comic JLA out of the way in 2015. because in 2016 and after theres 2 dc movies each year.

So we think. DC's track record of following their plans is pretty much non-existent. :grin:

Edited by montyofmusic

But they're not guaranteed to make sets for every movie, unless DC asks them to. They didn't make Marvel sets for Winter Soldier or The Dark World.

October 31st exactly, Penguin Face-Off leaked a month before

Ah, I was wondering when it was that the Penguin one leaked. Thanks. Although the site I used said the 28th of October. :P

I don't know if this has been mentioned before, Amazon.de has a Special Edition of Lego Batman 3 that comes with Plastic Man.

So no need to buy at gamestop! (Thank God *cough*)

Ah, I was wondering when it was that the Penguin one leaked. Thanks. Although the site I used said the 28th of October. :P

I first saw them on October 31st, I thought it was a first day thing

But they're not guaranteed to make sets for every movie, unless DC asks them to. They didn't make Marvel sets for Winter Soldier or The Dark World.

Thats true. I'll be very surprised if we see any sets for Wonder Woman's movie.

Thats true. I'll be very surprised if we see any sets for Wonder Woman's movie.

I think it's more likely to see sets from the more "risky" movies like Wonder Woman and Ant Man actually. Like Guardians of the Galaxy, which itself was considered risky, I think it's more likely that the studios (Marvel/DC) would be promoting more the movies that are not a sure thing, since they need the extra bump. We didn't get any Thor 2 or Captain America 2 sets (unfortunately), but it was a sure thing that even without Lego promoting it to kids, the movie was going to be a hit. I think that DC and Marvel are move likely to promote and request sets for their more risky ventures to build promotion.

I think it's more likely to see sets from the more "risky" movies like Wonder Woman and Ant Man actually.

Well, the other 2016 movie is most likely Shazam or Aquaman, both of wich would be considered fairly "risky"

In fact most DC movies are risky Except batman, wich gets sets anyways right.

Well, the other 2016 movie is most likely Shazam or Aquaman, both of wich would be considered fairly "risky"

Not anymore risky than Thor, Captain America the First Avenger or Guardians were. I'm sure as long as WB promote the hell out of it and make it appealing people will see it. I mean on paper Guardians sounds like the dumbest film ever made.

Even Superman?! *huh*

don't think it's been mentioned yet but can confirm it's GAME in the uk who have the Plastic Man mini fig exclusive with Batman3

Even Superman?! *huh*

Yes, superman returns did really bad. Man of steel did decent.

Oh yeah, forgot about Superman Returns... guess it just goes to show how great a film it was since it wasn't even released that long ago and I've already forgotten it... ;)

I can't remeber and don't want to go far back into this chat but, wasn't there some talk that Supergirl was in a set?

Yes. The Brainiac Attack set that was reported by a Brickset user is rumored to contain Brainiac's skull ship and four minifigs: Brainiac, Superman, Supergirl, and Martian Manhunter.

Yes. The Brainiac Attack set that was reported by a Brickset user is rumored to contain Brainiac's skull ship and four minifigs: Brainiac, Superman, Supergirl, and Martian Manhunter.

Which, that rumor must be real, as the set was listed on the Swiss toy shop this week.

Maybe Robin is a stand in for Aqualad. That would be awesome. But probably not since he was wearing a helmet. Killer Croc still needs to be in that set.

Edited by Ezekiel2517

Which, that rumor must be real, as the set was listed on the Swiss toy shop this week.

Supergirl?! Must... resist... squealing... don't... want to... wake up... parents...

I don't think that description is true because we know have the Javelin in Darkseid set. Maybe we get two Javelins though it doesn't make sense. Also that would mean that we are getting two Superman in this wave

I don't think that description is true because we know have the Javelin in Darkseid set. Maybe we get two Javelins though it doesn't make sense. Also that would mean that we are getting two Superman in this wave

What? We are getting three Bats this wave, and i bet two of the are the same New 52 suit.

Plus it would fit with the theme of this wave.

A JL member vs. A prominent member of their rouges gallery/archnemisis, with other hero sandwitched inbetween.

Two Javelins is unlikely. Perhaps the info was made up when the Brickset user found the name, since there's clearly no details for it anywhere else.

I'd love the Chima ice trap to be used in that set!

No it didn't. It might not have done critically well but it broke a record for Warner Bros and continued to hold that record until The Dark Knight was released two years later.

Superman's a huge success. His name and symbol is just as, if not more than, iconic and identifiable to the world as Batman's, the Beatles', and Jesus Christ's. He's been argued by the greats to be the first superhero ever invented and his first appearance comic has recently broken another record for most expensive comic book ever sold, which was announced on thousands of news stations from all types of media format. He's still popular.

Back on topic: I'm really excited to see the final product photos because I'm curious to see how some of the heroes and villains appear. I know Lego's been using the New 52 design format DC minifigs but I'd love to see a Final Crisis Darkseid. I also hope we get Firestorm and Orion minifigs someday.

How was the Penguin set photos discovered and were they just leaked preliminary photos or final product photos?

Edited by Moon_Knight

I don't think that the Brickset user said the Javelin was in the Brainiac set. I think that was something we speculated when we saw the video game model of the Javelin and realized it could be an official design. Of course I could be wrong though.