Ezekiel2517

DC Superheroes 2015 Rumors & Discussions

This set is amazing. After (what I thought) were two week waves of DC stuff (Man of Steel and 2014 Batman), this really is a breath of fresh air.

No. They are both very different in terms of design.

I'm more of a Marvel guy - are these meant to be different Lanterns?

They are the same character, Hal Jordon as Green Lantern, But the SDCC one was designed after the Green Lantern movie--this new one is more inspired by the comics.

Same Hal Jordan, different outfits. I like this new one better.

Dido. I never liked the SDCC version. His torso was crazy over-detailed which looked terrible with plain legs.

I don't like how he has yellow hands rather than pink, and I really don't like the common hair use.

I honestly think the hairpiece is perfect but we can't all win.

The problem with the widow's peak Sinestro has is that none of the characters it's used on really work with it. It's not accurate for any licensed character who uses it.

It looks perfect on the licensed character it originated from, Draco Malfoy.

Um, that was a different piece, Sinestro's hair was first used on Clone Wars Count Dooku. The hairpiece you mentioned was perfect for Draco, and would be good for Sinestro.

Edited by 8BrickMario

Um, that was a different piece, Sinestro's hair was first used on Clone Wars Count Dooku. The hairpiece you mentioned was perfect for him, and would be good for Sinestro.

Sorry, when you said widows peak I thought that's what you were referring to since that's also a widows peak.. Even so, this one can be accurate on some licensed characters, but not many. It's pretty decent on Ernie Prang (Harry Potter is always on the mind apparently) But yeah I was thinking the draco malfoy hair in black might be better on this Sinestro.

Um, that was a different piece, Sinestro's hair was first used on Clone Wars Count Dooku. The hairpiece you mentioned was perfect for Draco, and would be good for Sinestro.

I've seen both of those pieces referred to as widow's peak hair. It can get confusing.

I don't really think that this current hair is really a problem on Sinestro, but I can get why people think that it usually doesn't work too well on the figs it's on.

at last a normal fig that's better than its sdcc version

The green lantern set looks awesome, I can't wait to buy this (right after my wallet has recovered from the costly price of the tumbler). :classic:

The core in Sinestro's canister is implied to be the Green Power Ring emitting energy. Sinestro's construct is supposed to come from his ring, but I don't think there is a physical ring piece or two in the set.

There's several different Lantern corps in the DC universe.

Green Lanterns use Will power to power their rings

Sinestro corps use Fear which is coloured yellow

Orange lanterns use greed

Blue lanterns use hope

Star Sapphires use love ( violet)

Red lanterns ( rage )

Black lanterns ( death)

White lanterns ( life)

Indiego lanterns ( compassion )

There's lot of lanterns in space for sure.

In terms of the set it looks awesome, and just how expected Hal Jordan v Sinestro set to look with a Green jet construct, using both translucent and opaque parts.

It's a shame they didn't give Hal a smaller Construct of some sort like a brick built gun or Sword. However you can't really complain when we're getting Both Sinestro, Hal and Space Batman In a single set for £20. Hopefully this is the approach for the other 2015 sets, a JL member vs their arch nemesis with Batman or Supes tagging along.

Oh and for all the John Stewart fans, I'm sure LEGO would include him as a exclusive Offer like they did with Jor-el, Hulk and Martian Manhunter.

The core in Sinestro's canister is implied to be the Green Power Ring emitting energy. Sinestro's construct is supposed to come from his ring, but I don't think there is a physical ring piece or two in the set.

I think it's supposed to be the Lantern that charges up the ring, probably implying that both characters are wearing their power rings even though they're not physically there.

Where is the Marvel thread?

Scroll down on the first page................

Like 2 topics below this one..........

Edited by Sam892

It's around here somewhere. Cornelius made it two separate threads this year, and there's not much Marvel news yet so it's pretty dormant. :classic:

Where is the Marvel thread?

It's down there, but there's no news right now. Age of Ultron sets are sure to be on lock and key for a good while. Looks like all the people who were complaining about so much lego marvel news a while ago are finally getting their turn :grin:

Scroll down on the first page................

Like 2 topics below this one..........

Sorry, don't know how I missed that.