This is one of my project for a Lego skyscraper. Really a simple design but with good particular!!!

16.000 Bricks! The instructions are ready for brave constructor!!!

The Skyscraper have an internal structure to make it stable!

You can find it also on rebrickable.com

Here you can find instructions

http://www.bricklink...e.asp?p=ste2208

and here some photos!

https://www.flickr.c...57644274500974/

13971141596_af9f5a172c_c.jpg

13994253405_fd469d828b_c.jpg

13991037412_e618bfe74f_c.jpg

13971179956_9984027f2e_c.jpg

14014286283_6a9a828d42_c.jpg

13995429374_9cba87257b_c.jpg

Well, I'm not American, but I could have done without the (unintended?) reference to 9/11.

Lego should not be about politics or religion, in my opinion.

I like the ground floor and the roof, though.

Keep clicking those bricks together.

Great model and I really like the style of the first floor. Our LUG has a case of 1X2 trans-black bricks that we have been looking to use for a skyscraper project and this would make a great concept. In fact, it looks a lot like our Pennsylvania state office building in Philly.

Well, I'm not American, but I could have done without the (unintended?) reference to 9/11.

I have to agree. Some of us have lives that have been (directly or indirectly) touched by this moment in history. Even our corporate "work calendars" mark the date with a tribute to the fallen in NYC.

I want to see things where people have put their hands on Lego and actually built something. Not meaning to diminish the skill it takes to create something like this, because it certainly does take talent and skill, but I want to be able to put the brick in my hand and put it in place. Let's see the real deal.

As far as 9-11 goes, I didn't really didn't think that much about it when I saw this thread. Having spent a lot of time working in the old WTC (in the 80s) well, it's part of history. If someone wants to recreate the WTC with Lego, fine. I don't see anything political in it. The WTC was an iconic structure with significance going far beyond 9-11. I still think of it as that wonderful building off on the horizon that I could see coming over the hill on I80 in NJ or glowing in the night as I drove down the NJ turnpike. What a great place it was. Like AJ Soprano said in the last episode of the Sopranos.......'focus on the good times'.......

I want to see things where people have put their hands on Lego and actually built something. Not meaning to diminish the skill it takes to create something like this, because it certainly does take talent and skill, but I want to be able to put the brick in my hand and put it in place. Let's see the real deal.

As far as 9-11 goes, I didn't really didn't think that much about it when I saw this thread. Having spent a lot of time working in the old WTC (in the 80s) well, it's part of history. If someone wants to recreate the WTC with Lego, fine. I don't see anything political in it. The WTC was an iconic structure with significance going far beyond 9-11. I still think of it as that wonderful building off on the horizon that I could see coming over the hill on I80 in NJ or glowing in the night as I drove down the NJ turnpike. What a great place it was. Like AJ Soprano said in the last episode of the Sopranos.......'focus on the good times'.......

First of all:

is only a fire! no reference to the twin towers! I have enormous respect and I know people who were there, so ...

In fact, this skyscraper is inspired by "1251 Avenue of the Americas" alias Exxon Building !!!!... and not to Twin tower. I believe you have to ask before say...

6886275012_880ef41a6b_n.jpg

The decision to put a fire was simply to give a lego-style situation where they can take action in a diorama of the fire department.

In addition, the part of the fire you may very well be removed and replaced with windows. I have studied this way to decide each time whether to have a diorama with fire or not.

As regards the realization in real model:

First of all, all my model is constructible 100%. No artifact Photoshop.

I have realized the structure like you can see in the photo!!! Just to see if it holds up and is stable so I did and I am attaching a photo to see that this model can be done really. I did not build the details for the simple fact that I was only interested in the structure itself including the Blacktrans windows 1x2. Cat not included ... hahaha

14532268209_2af2102d6b_o.jpg

I really like it, realistic buildings like this I always love to see. It's very tall in that photo you posted though. I wonder how much it would cost to bricklink... Actually I'd rather not know.

As for the 911 reference as people call it, I don't see it. A building in NYC is hit by a meteor with superman and fire fighters coming to the rescue. The building doesn't look that much like the WTC, and it's not like he put a plane through it. Whenever something bad happens to a skyscraper supposedly in NYC everyone always calls it a 911 reference. :sceptic:

Anyway, I really like the build. :classic:

If you re-read my comment, you'll see that I don't have a problem with WTC references, real or imagined.

I was reffering to the people above you, sorry for the confusion :blush:

Very nice, realistic skyscraper model.

I'll have to admit that the first thing that popped into mind when I saw the pics was the WTC. Also, the cat on top of the building made me think of King Kong.

Wow, this is a spaceship-sized building though the lines are perfect. Just scale it down a little and it would be awesome.

Lego should not be about politics or religion, in my opinion.

I like the ground floor and the roof, though.

Keep clicking those bricks together.

I'm Canadian and my first thought was that this had a reference to 9/11...then I saw Superman. I like the building and the details are cool but I agree with Withacee. It's bad taste even though Superman is there.

Could you please put a plane tail section coming out of the building, so we can see what the fuss is about. :wink:

Great building, I would like to see an interior though.

Could you please put a plane tail section coming out of the building, so we can see what the fuss is about. :wink:

Great building, I would like to see an interior though.

I don't understand what you want! Do you wanna see Interior?

Well, it was a personal observation, and by no means to be taken as criticism.

It's a great build, for which stef2280 is te be commended.

It's the first thing that came to mind (what is the first thing one thinks of when one sees a NY scyscraper with a gaping burning hole in it?)

I can just imagine people taking offence, is all.

TLG have a policy to steer clear of politics and religion, and so do I (when designing Lego); but to each his own, and I respect other opinions, too.

Keep building!

Edited by Withacee

A beautiful building and I especially like the roof structure with the AC etc on top.

Only criticism are the antenna structures which use parts that are not easy to get, however the antennaes themself are great!

Wow! Very impressive skyscraper! Details of the roof are outstanding!

My first impression was that it is a gorgeous building, and I surely hope the fire department can put out that fire.

Not being from the NY area, the World Trade Center idea did not cross my mind until folks seeing this brought it up.

This shows how subjectively we each view a build. I can imagine how others might view this differently, but I don't need to judge where someone else's opinion is coming from.

In summary I assume that builders are not out to inflame or show disrespect for anyone. So the building appears to be neutral IMHO. This is a low key, laid back approach to enjoying LEGO without any disrespect for the views of others. (And no interest in debating the politics of a build. There is just too much political instability and war going on at this moment; LEGO provide a much needed escape from reality for many who cannot change their place of residency in order to make their lives safer. This does bring tears to my already red with grief eyes.)

A beautiful building and I especially like the roof structure with the AC etc on top.

Only criticism are the antenna structures which use parts that are not easy to get, however the antennaes themself are great!

Oh yes!!! Really Hard to find pieces for Antenna! But You could exchange it easier with other pieces!

For the reference to 911 just a final word!!!

"Absolutly no reference to 911"

Just a scene like this!!! Enjoy your life!

lego-60003-city-fire-emergency-ibrickcity-15.jpg

Edited by stef2280

Remember that I am all for disasters in a town layout and having super heroes save the day (we had a full on alien invasion in DelVaLug City this past spring), but considering that my LUGs display in the mid-Atlantic region of the United States including the NY Metro area, we have to be sensitive of the events of that day. We are not talking politics, we are just being sensitive to our audience's feelings.

And yes, I know there was a Lego built replica of the burning towers displayed at BrickFair VA a few years ago.....

Impressive and a very nice design!

The roof top is a piece of art. Nice work on the air conditioning units and the window cleaning eh... device (sorry can't come up with any better description right now)

And nice that is is modular. You can always make more floors and increase the height even further...