Bob De Quatre

AG - Introduction and Discussion

Does my sigfig need to be human, or can it be an alien? Cyborgs are allowed, so can I be an alien looking android if not an actual alien?

I'm probably going to join M.A.N.T.I.S.

^ Good man, we need to beef up against the other corporations. Checkout all the info in the sub forum, lots to read. :D

Don't post very often on Eurobricks, but I'm liking the look of this game, so thought I'd give it a go and see if it will help me improve what little MOCing I do by taking part in this.

AC%20SigFig%20Engineer%20a.jpg

AC joining Kawashita as an Engineer.

Does my sigfig need to be human, or can it be an alien? Cyborgs are allowed, so can I be an alien looking android if not an actual alien?

I'm probably going to join M.A.N.T.I.S.

Your sigfig does need to be human. However some form of human cyborg would be allowed. :classic:

Question: If I build an Alien experiment, will I still get the extra 3 credits?

~Insectoid Aristocrat

I would think that if you mean you conducting experiments or making something that turns into an alien then I would say yes.

I have a question; Do my builds have to be built around the primary color.

Your builds need to include the primary color in some way or form.

Your sigfig does need to be human. However some form of human cyborg would be allowed. :classic:

Does the face need to be human or can it have a different color skin? For example, can it be a genetically modified blue-skinned human?

Does the face need to be human or can it have a different color skin? For example, can it be a genetically modified blue-skinned human?

Good question. I think Bob will have to answer that one based on his vision for the aliens and humans or human cyborgs.

First a remark for everyone: please post your character picture in 100x100 pixels, thanks.

Aliens build were added to fill two spots:

- Allow players to build outside their corporations and give them some more freedom in building styles, and allow non player members to actually participate in the game

- Give a way for players to "attack" the other corps on any planet

So aliens are completely against the three corporation, there can't be a "friendly" alien build.

Wait so if I just want to build for this from time to time and don't really feel like joining a corporation then I can build alien builds without joining?

Your builds need to include the primary color in some way or form.

That is going to be hard for me to do, Black is a very common part for me while White is well it not so much. I have lots of white bricks and that is probably about it. Since I am engineer can my none role builds feature different display of colors?

Spencer Terry, the eccentric innovator and entrepeneur nicknamed the 'Space Terrapin', is excited about the prospect of new adventures in the Andromeda galaxy. So excited that he has signed on with the Octan Corporation as a driver. Andromeda here we come!

17076530514_3c142f5da7_t.jpgSpaceT by Stuart Lucas, on Flickr

Edited by Space Terrapin

I would think that if you mean you conducting experiments or making something that turns into an alien then I would say yes.

Sorry, I meant; if I made a scene unrelated to my own figure, classified as an alien build, but the aliens featured were performing an experiment (like a probing or a human disection), would I gain the extra credits? Since I gain credits from alien builds even though they don't feature my avatar.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Sorry, I meant; if I made a scene unrelated to my own figure, classified as an alien build, but the aliens featured were performing an experiment (like a probing or a human disection), would I gain the extra credits? Since I gain credits from alien builds even though they don't feature my avatar.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

I believe the job bonus is related directly to your avatar performing the job. So to gain the bonus it would need to be you (your avatar) in a scientific environment.

Wait so if I just want to build for this from time to time and don't really feel like joining a corporation then I can build alien builds without joining?

As long as it meets the game requirements for alien builds, then yes.

...Kai, the sigfig is fine like this...

Welcome...

Great and thank you!

I believe the job bonus is related directly to your avatar performing the job. So to gain the bonus it would need to be you (your avatar) in a scientific environment.

Ok, cool! I just figured I'd ask. Wouldn't want to miss out on possible points!

~Insectoid Aristocrat

From the Kawashita espionage Space Force Division:

Former Captain Beltar, now Agent Beltar (Still coming up with a first name...) After an incident in space, Kawashita's scientists experimented on Beltar, regrowing limbs, adding implants, etc. They realized that he could be trained for corporate espionage special tasks, and now here he is....With his jet/wingpack!

17683478056_250f136c02_n.jpg

I plan to have is story run semi-parallel to my SoNE story...this will unfold shortly...

Also, if we make a build, do we just make a new thread here titled whatever we want without a prefix like [AG Freebuild] "Alien Colony"? And I will probably be less active here with SoNE and all, but I'll participate as much as I can!

~Beltar

I was confused with the overall job that the Special Forces do. I just don't agree with it entirely, like the spying part. By all means, raiding other corporation ships would be awesome! I feel though that there should be a sort of "Colonial Marine" class who basically clears an area on a planet for an establishment, like a facility or resource extractor.

We didn't say that the job list we provided covers every activities you could think of. You want to be a "soldier" to clean up planets. How will you do that? on foot? I guess you'll use a vehicle, and vehicle usage is covered by pilot and driver jobs.

I figured I'd ask about that since I had the idea in mind of building a protagonist kind of like this and be known as a GOLIATH unit. If there is more leniency for that in the future, could it be possible I can do something like that if people are able to have a second character?

For now, there is no secondary characters planned.

Also, if you do a scene where say you choose the Special Force class, are you able to build things like a ships if you raid them (for piracy) or going on a surface to guard something (so a type of structure with fauna and such in the area)?

You can build anything you want regardless of your job, but you'll get your job's bonus only when your build meets the job's requirements.

Question: If I build an Alien experiment, will I still get the extra 3 credits?

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Aliens builds don't trigger the job, technologies or equipements bonuses since they aren't related to yout character or your corporation.

I have a question; Do my builds have to be built around the primary color.

Yes, but you could figure some situations where primary color don't show much, for example an interior wall for Octan could be grey with lots of greebles and a few red and green stripes.

As we allow android faces for kawashita, I think we should allow geneticly modified minifigure faces, but it has to keep some humanity: two eyes and one mouth.

As Lady K said, you can build for the Alien without joining one of the three faction, as long as you respect the game rules about aliens building.

Capt%20Iron_zps1wqhgkkg.jpg

Condotierre Sir Iron is reporting for duty! After just coming back from the dark ages, Sir iron is ready to make a new start. In the dark ages He collected bits of gold and conquered city's. Now that he is married with children under way, he turns his live around. From now on he wil collect Lots of gold and conquer planets! all on his own? No, he applies at M.A.N.T.I.S. as an explorer, ready to plant a green flag on new planets.

As a former Condottiere M.A.N.T.I.S. Is the most logical choice to go for. Altough somewhat unexperienced in the current post dark age era, Sir Iron hopes, this to be the start of a grand en rewarding journey.

From the Kawashita espionage Space Force Division:

Former Captain Beltar, now Agent Beltar (Still coming up with a first name...) After an incident in space, Kawashita's scientists experimented on Beltar, regrowing limbs, adding implants, etc. They realized that he could be trained for corporate espionage special tasks, and now here he is....With his jet/wingpack!

17683478056_250f136c02_n.jpg

I plan to have is story run semi-parallel to my SoNE story...this will unfold shortly...

Also, if we make a build, do we just make a new thread here titled whatever we want without a prefix like [AG Freebuild] "Alien Colony"? And I will probably be less active here with SoNE and all, but I'll participate as much as I can!

~Beltar

Could you post a 100x100 pixels picture of your character, thanks.

We didn't say that the job list we provided covers every activities you could think of. You want to be a "soldier" to clean up planets. How will you do that? on foot? I guess you'll use a vehicle, and vehicle usage is covered by pilot and driver jobs.

Are you hinting that if I choose purchase the pilot class as a secondary if I'm a special force, I could do that? You could do it on foot but vehicles would be much more badass. I just like the idea of being able to kill any alien life or people from opposing corporations. I suppose if I think about it more, I could do so as a special force but I'd have to be raiding something, like schematics, some gadgets, weapons and armor, or even food?

For now, there is no secondary characters planned.

Okay, so being able to have a brick-built robot, similar to Oky's in that link I posted, is out of the question? (At least for a long while?)

You can build anything you want regardless of your job, but you'll get your job's bonus only when your build meets the job's requirements.

Alright, good to know. So, as an example, I could build a drop-ship with an NPC pilot while my character and other NPCs raid a place?

Edited by Goliath