Bob De Quatre

AG - Introduction and Discussion

Hey!

I've probably read this page like 20 times and I'm still confused on what to do. (Noob alert).

I understand the backstory and that you have to join a group. But I have no other idea what to do from there. If someone could help that'd be great.

Thanks, and I can't wait to play this awesome game.

-T

10 hours ago, Tyndale said:

Hey!

I've probably read this page like 20 times and I'm still confused on what to do. (Noob alert).

I understand the backstory and that you have to join a group. But I have no other idea what to do from there. If someone could help that'd be great.

Thanks, and I can't wait to play this awesome game.

-T

Sounds like you are in the same position as the rest of us.

Right now, we're all just waiting until Bob shares details of the upcoming game with us.  Besides that, all you can do is develop some characters and post some stories following the Prologue Rules to gain some small bonuses before the game starts.  The great part of about this is that you can create a new character and use the prologue MOC/story as an introduction.

Here are some ideas:

1) Your character(s) are planning to join a corporation and are in the process of applying for jobs.  You can post about their job interview process.

2) Your character(s) are already on their way to investigate what happened to Andromeda and you can post about what they find...perhaps they work for a shadowy employer who later turns out to be the corporation you join once the game starts.

3) Your character(s) are working at the corporate headquarters in their cubicles and are mostly bored waiting for the all clear signal to head back to Andromeda.  They stand around the water cooler and talk about the latest episode of My Boyfriend is a Brick Separator.

4) Your character(s) decide to take yoga and pilates classes to work on their physical condition in preparation for a trip to Andromeda.  This is a great opportunity for your minifigures to demonstrate downward facing dog and warrior stance.

I hope you get the idea.

On 9/30/2017 at 7:12 PM, LucByard said:

A personal favourite for me not mentioned above was @mccoyed. He didn't do many but the builds were quality and the character an absolute gem that I desperately want to cameo in my storyline at some point

Haha that's super nice of you to say, LucByard. I sorta miss AG and Koro. Might have to come back.

On 24/10/2017 at 7:24 AM, pombe said:

Sounds like you are in the same position as the rest of us.

Right now, we're all just waiting until Bob shares details of the upcoming game with us.  Besides that, all you can do is develop some characters and post some stories following the Prologue Rules to gain some small bonuses before the game starts.  The great part of about this is that you can create a new character and use the prologue MOC/story as an introduction.

<snip>

Thanks for the ideas to get our characters out there @pombe:laugh:

One question, where there is the best place to read about the radiation "incident" that occurred at the end of AG1? I tried looking in the AG1 archives but there are so many MOCs it's hard to find it.

On 12/18/2017 at 6:55 AM, Basiliscus said:

One question, where there is the best place to read about the radiation "incident" that occurred at the end of AG1? I tried looking in the AG1 archives but there are so many MOCs it's hard to find it.

I don't think there was anything about it in AG1.  I think it was introduced by Bob in the Prologue topic to reset the universe in preparation for AG2.  And since there's not much known about it, well...I guess it's up to us to flesh it out storywise.

Any updates @Bob De Quatre? Not complaining or anything, I'm pretty invested in BoBS, but I'm curious if we could get an update for 2018. :blush:

Altho in fairness considering my preference for female characters this probably isn't much of a surprise to anyone. Especially @LucByard who follows me on FB

Anyways with any luck I'll be back up and running building mocs and contributing here sooner than later..

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Yay! It's the talented builder and storyteller @Dannylonglegs! Congradulations on your transition, and I hope your life is well. I can't wait to see what you build in this new season/chapter/era/period of AG! Keep us in the loop with your creations!

8 hours ago, Dannylonglegs said:

Altho in fairness considering my preference for female characters this probably isn't much of a surprise to anyone. Especially @LucByard who follows me on FB

Anyways with any luck I'll be back up and running building mocs and contributing here sooner than later..

~Insectoid Aristocrat

This is such great news all respects. Can't wait to see where Danielle is headed and how much trouble a red-haired woman might be able to cause her :wink:

Edited by LucByard

Hey, I had a question on faction colors. For Mantis, can I use black with orange bits as a substitute or is it strictly black and lime green. This is only for my sig-fig and personal vehicles. 

1 hour ago, Merc4Hire said:

Hey, I had a question on faction colors. For Mantis, can I use black with orange bits as a substitute or is it strictly black and lime green. This is only for my sig-fig and personal vehicles. 

We tended to stick to the green and black scheme, and even though lime was usually the "official" Mantis green, any green works--lime, light green, sand green, olive, whatever, paired with black.

So if you wanted to focus on orange, it might make it less Mantis-like, but that isn't the end of the world. You could always  justify it in-story, or make the build more insect-inspired build or something if you're worried about it. There was never really a hard-and-fast rule about that sort of thing, as long as it was "Mantis (or Octan, Kawa) enough".

TL;DR I wouldn't worry much. Ask for feedback on a few builds, and the community will give you more guidance.

I think I read somewhere that the organizer of AG was quiting. I cant find the post where i read it. How is the future of AG? Maybe I am mixing up different games? DOes anyone know? 

On 10/9/2018 at 12:01 PM, micaz said:

I think I read somewhere that the organizer of AG was quiting. I cant find the post where i read it. How is the future of AG? Maybe I am mixing up different games? DOes anyone know? 

You have just to summon the AG boss... like this :

@Bob De Quatre

Abracadabra

9 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

Erf, it doesn't work at all :sceptic:

Should we try with a reasonable amount of bacon and eggs like Bregir ?

:tongue:

Was there not some amount of beer involved too? Works for me. :pir-grin:

Looks like this game has been on Hiatus as long as I have. Pity. I'm finally back in a stable condition and looking forward to AG 2.0

And I was thinking...

Maybe I'd go Fleshie this time.

2jcvud3.jpg

Ft: 2 random employees, Dr. Long's secretary Odus Dillberg (head is prelim), Dr. Danielle Long (head from Female Inferno Squad Trooper), and Dr. Long's (possibly only) friend Emily Dupont (head from Black Widow)

I wouldn't have gone fleshie without the perfect head for Danielle. And when I saw that head in an affordable set, I knew it was right.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs

@Dannylonglegs OH SNAP!  WELCOME BACK!

I'm glad to see that you are doing well!

Speaking of which, I, too, have my AG2 crew ready.  I guess it's almost time for me to post them, as well.

33186813878_119c4b2f54_b.jpg

From left to right:

Explosion-In-My-Pants-Guy:
No explanation needed.

Uncle Hombre:
Hombre returns as he is in charge of looking out for...

Poshey:
The adult daughter of Eshey and Pombe.  Fresh out of college, with the leadership skills of her mother and the mad deejay skills of her father, Poshey is ready to take on the corporate world!

Rosie:
The Arizonan daughter of the cactus alien that Poshey's mother shot at in AG1, she was Poshey's college roommate and is a scientific genius.18728230578_85ed043b2d.jpg

MC Fresh:
An alien of the rapscallion species, he lays waste to anyone in his way with funky fresh rhymes and a cool attitude.  The frontman for the music group, The Fresh Posse.

Edited by pombe