Bob De Quatre

AG - Introduction and Discussion

3 minutes ago, Umbra-Manis said:

Welcome back Danny! It sounds like Dr. Long will continue to disappoint her family with her corp choice :tongue:

Octan is her family. :devil:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Danny lives! Yeah, I'm torn on whether to continue or start fresh. I'm leaning towards starting fresh just because I feel like I created too many people and storylines and I'd feel like I should wrap them up... but I probably wouldn't want to. *huh*

3 hours ago, rodiziorobs said:

I was under the impression that AG2 was taking place long after the events of AG1 (no pun intended), would it make sense to carry on with the same story? :look:

If it does, I'll have some explaining to do. I was intending to continue all of my arcs straight through.

My plan is to pick up with a new character that I meant to introduce during AG1 but never got around to. Maybe an occasional appearance by some of the old cast as well, but all the remaining ones are robots, so time won't effect them much.

@Umbra-Manis I was thinking of doing the same, but AG1 ended way too early. I'll still incorporate some of my previous plans for AG2, including introducing a new character, but otherwise I;ll just continue my AG1 arch, into AG2. I hardly even made it to the half-way point of Daniel's story tbh. 

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Hi Bob, the profile picture in my signature doesn't seem to be working. :look: I've noticed this in a couple other sigs as well. 

Hi to anyone who's still following this topic! I'm not going to be involved in AG2 as staff, but I've been helping out a bit with the setup this morning after what seems like a long time away and it reminded me of how much fun AG1 was, and that I never posted a goodbye when it ended! :cry_happy:

So just wanted to say thank you to everyone who played or contributed to AG1 - I had a really great time with you all! Your builds and feedback pushed me to improve my skills far more than I would have otherwise, so thank you all very much! :classic:

I don't have much time for building currently, and I'm not sure I'll be able to participate much in AG2. But Sal and Chief Accountant Long will definitely be back one day :wink: 

28 minutes ago, Big Sal said:

But Sal and Chief Accountant Long will definitely be back one day :wink: 

sure they will... lego is something addictive :laugh:

7 hours ago, Big Sal said:

Hi to anyone who's still following this topic! I'm not going to be involved in AG2 as staff, but I've been helping out a bit with the setup this morning after what seems like a long time away and it reminded me of how much fun AG1 was, and that I never posted a goodbye when it ended! :cry_happy:

So just wanted to say thank you to everyone who played or contributed to AG1 - I had a really great time with you all! Your builds and feedback pushed me to improve my skills far more than I would have otherwise, so thank you all very much! :classic:

I don't have much time for building currently, and I'm not sure I'll be able to participate much in AG2. But Sal and Chief Accountant Long will definitely be back one day :wink: 

Thanks for all your hard work Big Sal! We'll be awaiting your return!

Yseult, Riddaeon and a F.A.U.N. unit infiltrate Peter Reid's robot factory at Bricktastic 2017.

35292448250_d6ed12b2d4.jpg

19 hours ago, av_bossk said:

Excellent Luc ! I've also seen you presented your landing pad.

Yes. We're you there?

On 6/7/2017 at 8:09 PM, LucByard said:

Yes. We're you there?

Unfortunately not, otherwise, be sure I came to talk with you ! I saw pictures on Flickr

2 hours ago, mediumsnowman said:

Anyone else notice a familiar-looking scientist in the new Garmadon’s lair set? :laugh: 

Yes! I didn't have a chance to see if he pulled up in the credits, but since he didn't have any lines anyway, I figured he wouldn't. Plus, the hair color isn't right. But my thoughts definitely went straight to him!

Edit: ah, I see he was lucky enough to make it into a set, not just a cameo in the movie.

Edited by rodiziorobs
Missed the word "set" in the original quote

7 hours ago, Evolved Turtle said:

This is a bit off-topic, but I'm new to Andromeda's Gates. Is there anywhere I can go to see a summary of what's happened in the first part so I have some context for AG2?

Well, not really. I think you'd have to dig through the archives and read everyone's stories.  Long story short, Octan won, mostly through their superior membership, and the fact that everyone left Kawashita except me, :hmpf_bad: and the same thing happened for Mantis as well with @LucByard being their last member. The contributors I remember who really had great stories, were @Dannylonglegs, @pombe, @LucByard, @EpsilonEta, @Professor Thaum@Big Sal, And myself, @Mesabi. Sorry to everyone I missed, but that's all I remember off the top of my head. Okay, maybe not me, but whatever. 

Anyways, if you want to play a fun game right now, I'd join BoBS. AG2 will happen, but it might take a while. Come to BoBS, the rules might be daunting, but it's really fun, and the due date for the next Adventure portion is October 10th.

On 9/29/2017 at 9:01 PM, Evolved Turtle said:

This is a bit off-topic, but I'm new to Andromeda's Gates. Is there anywhere I can go to see a summary of what's happened in the first part so I have some context for AG2?

Praise indeed : D I summarised my First Era chapters here which is the easiest way to catch up on what I did (though not as enjoyable as reading the chapters themselves I hope). Don't think anyone else has done that but mine might be one of the hardest to follow what's happening. The best way to work through old entries, I found, was to go to the player index and pick a character. That way, you can see who how many enties someone did and decide if it's worth reading.

A personal favourite for me not mentioned above was @mccoyed. He didn't do many but the builds were quality and the character an absolute gem that I desperately want to cameo in my storyline at some point.

I guess I'll post a slight update here.  As part of an investigation into potential new characters for AG2, I've come up with MC Rapscallion and the Fresh Posse.

37833750972_a9ebe60ebe_b.jpg

24012251208_0a9841c447_b.jpg

37833754002_8c1f92f9f6_b.jpg

24012253328_b6b9380d4b_b.jpg

It started out with an idea to create a species of alien called "rapscallions" who were ne'er do wells, who attacked with their funky fresh rhymes and beat others in rap battles.  But then, I just ended up making more vegetables, and the idea has evolved into the rap group you see here.

I'm still testing ideas.  There are some others which are more final, but I'll post those introductions later.