Bob De Quatre

AG - Introduction and Discussion

So Octan had two builds on E11 this past week, but the Kawashita fleet was there. Will they be given a chance to move locations?

3 hours ago, Kodan Black said:

Given the issue with Big Sal and fleet movement

You mean the MANTIS plan to invalidate Octan entries? :devil:

7 minutes ago, LucByard said:

You mean the MANTIS plan to invalidate Octan entries? :devil:

SHHHH! Not everything can be shared.... :devil:

Bob the control bonus seems to still be the old math, shouldn't those from last week be 7500 for Mantis from Freegate and 5000 for Octan on Illustria?

10 hours ago, Kodan Black said:

Bob the control bonus seems to still be the old math, shouldn't those from last week be 7500 for Mantis from Freegate and 5000 for Octan on Illustria?

The bonus for taking control of planets didn't get the x10 bonus. Just to prevent planet sharing... in case someone would do that to eliminate any other corp *cough*MANTIS*cough*Kawashita*cough*

MANTIS stance on planet sharing has always been that any corporation is free to share as many planets as they want with us. :devil: Not sure if we'll give them back.

I see your point. I figure if two corporations are trading planets the third will be free to take any planets from the other two while they are busy trading. A 10x reward for domination would give a corp that has invested in domination tech a little bonus in the end. Just a thought.

Uhhhh, 10x on dom pretty much would allow 1 builder to massively influence control of a planet. Given the various bonuses available it would be pretty easy for a 4 pt build to capture a planet in a round. That feels like it would hugely upset balance.

Having run the resource needs to win I see why Bob, et al would be hesitant to do the 10x bonus on planet capture. Generally total resource needs are 60-70k for each of us. The production rate for each builder is 500+ resources weekly roughly. With planets giving 5000 or 7500 on capture that would be a pretty huge jump and I suspect we'd all just bum rush planets for the bonus. Obviously there are differing needs that would come into play, but it would really cause a lot of chaos. This way capturing a planet is essentially a builder's worth of resources and makes planetary capture less of a shortcut and more of a bonus. I actually think this makes the game better in the sense that it is about the builders and less about the where (aside from rares).

On 14/12/2016 at 3:27 PM, Professor Thaum said:

Just have to redirect them to G-09 and it's over. A planet such as Greater Drigo should have dust rings, that fits with the 2 builts.

Kawashita as the injured party should be given discretion as to where to relocate the builds, if at all.

Week 73 is over. Welcome in week 74!

Note that week 74 will start on December 19th and end on January 2nd.

Octan's fleet moves from H09 to G09.
Kawashita's fleet moves from F10 to G10.
M.A.N.T.I.S.'s fleet moves from F02 to G02.
First Aliens' fleet moves from F08 to G08.
Second Alien's fleet stays on C02.
Third Alien's fleet moves fromE10 to F10.

Sorry everything was late again - I've posted the week 72 scores and the week 73 scores should be posted soon.

Note that the map now shows the week 74 fleet positions, but usually we wait until the previous week's scores are done before updating the map with the scores and fleet movements all at one. Bob almost always posts the current fleet positions in this thread on Monday, so please remember to check here for fleet positions before planning/posting your builds for the week.

I know they get posted here, but maybe we could separate the fleet movement from judging so the fleet movement could happen at posting week end (essentially when Bob posts his welcome in week XX post), that would make it easier to view the dynamic map and get a better sense of things. Otherwise we end up having to try and flip between here and the dynamic map.

On 13/12/2016 at 0:58 AM, MKJoshA said:

Please ignore the previous post, input trouble. May I know please why my Elephander build did not score full tag buffs for land vehicle, space vehicle and exploration?

On 20/12/2016 at 0:12 PM, robuko said:

May I know please why my Elephander build did not score full tag buffs for land vehicle, space vehicle and exploration?

The build shows a land vehicle which is also a local fauna, and a space vehicle - I believe it qualifies for 3 buff points, it has been given 2. 

I hate to be that guy, but, Kawashita is only one point away from taking control of G09 which is a game-critical point and this is the missing point!

Week 74 is over. Welcome in week 75!

Octan's fleet moves from G09 to H09.
Kawashita's fleet moves from G10 to G09.
M.A.N.T.I.S.'s fleet stays on G02.
First Aliens' fleet moves from G08 to F08.
Second Alien's fleet moves from C02 to A04.
Third Alien's fleet moves from F10 to F09.

Various scientists in Andromeda have detected a rise of some radiations levels, and also a never seen before radiation signature. But according to them, there's no need to worry about the quality of the different resources collected... or for the safety of the employees.